After the Show: Jihyo & Dara/Eun Mi & Jungah

The Girls' House

It had already been five months since Jihyo had flown out to LA for the 2NE1 concert; her and Dara had talked every day since then.

Jihyo had just wrapped up filming Running Man and was on her way over to Dara's dorm.  30 minutes later, she arrived.  Jihyo took the elevator up to the 20th floor and rang the doorbell.  The door swung open and there stood Jungah from After School.  Jihyo looked around confused; she wondered if she had gone to the wrong dorm.  Jungah giggled and said, "No, you have the right place."  Jihyo, still confused, entered the dorm and followed Jungah into the living room, where both girls took a seat on the couch.

"So where's Dara?" - Jihyo

"Oh, she's in the shower.  She said something about going to the club tonight." - Jungah

"Ah really.  That girl never keeps me informed.  Anyways, are just the two of you going" - Jihyo

"Of course not!  You're coming too!" - Jungah

"I am?" - Jihyo

"You are.  I heard you have tomorrow off, so no excuses." - Jungah

"But I'm certainly not dressed for the occasion." - Jihyo

"Then you better start going through Dara's closet." - Jungah

Jihyo had only met Jungah a few times, but for some reason she felt like they had been friends forever.

[Jihyo and Jungah go into Dara's room and start going through her clothes]

"Anyways, where are the other members of 2NE1?" - Jihyo

"They went out to eat with some people." - Jungah

"Why didn't she join them." - Jihyo

"She was waiting for you, DUH!" - Jungah

"Haha, of course, I'm sorry.  Anyways, what do you think about this dress?" - Jihyo

"Perfect!" - Jungah

"I agree!" - Dara

[Jihyo turns around and sees Dara standing in the doorway]

"Oh hi baby!  And sorry, but if you want me to go to the club tonight, I need to borrow some clothes." - Jihyo

"Hi girlie, and about the club...I'm really sorry, I totally forgot to text you." - Dara

"Haha, it's okay.  I'm used to it by now." - Jihyo

"Alright lovebirds.  Enough chitter chatter, let's get a move on." - Jungah


Jihyo's POV

After spending far too much time getting ready, like 2 hours too long, the three of us finally made it to the club.  The place was jam packed for a Monday.  I sighed at the thought of having to wait an hour to get a drink.  I turned to Dara and asked, "Is it always this crowded?"  She responded, "How am I supposed to know?!  Jungah suggested we come here."  I turned around to ask Jungah, but she was off talking to some guy.  Just as Dara and I turned to walk toward the bar, I heard, "Where the hell are you guys going without me?!  I was just talking with the manager to see if we could go upstairs to the VIP section."  I laughed and said, "Whoops, we thought you were flirting with him, sorry."

The three of us took an elevator up to the second floor, which to my surprise was completely empty.  I looked curiously at Jungah and asked, "Why are we the only ones up here?"  She responded, "I guess not many people here are worthy of being VIPs.  Haha, just kidding.  I actually called ahead to reserve this section.  I like to have this place to myself sometimes."  Just then, a waitress approached us to take our order.  Before I even had time to think about what I wanted to drink, Jungah looked at the waitress and said, "We'll take 4 rounds of tequilla shots."  I was too shocked to protest.  So 5 minutes later, I found myself downing 4 shots of tequilla.

After we all finished the last shot, Jungah shouted, "Alright, now that we have a couple of drinks in us, it's time to dance!"  I looked over the railing and stared at the mass of people down below.  I sighed, "Do I have to dance?"  Jungah glared at me and said, "Of course you do."  Just then, something, I mean someone, caught my eye.  I gasped, "NO ING WAY.  WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?!"  Dara and Jungah ran over to the railing and looked at the crowd below.

"Who are we looking at?!" - Jungah

"The girl in the short blue dress." - Jihyo

"Ohhhh.  Who is that?" - Jungah

"Yeah, I'd like to know the same thing." - Dara

[Dara gives Jihyo an icy stare]

"It's Eun Mi.  Remember the girl I told you about?  The girl I met at your show in LA!" - Jihyo

"Are you sure it's her?  Doesn't she live in LA?  Why is she here?" - Dara

"I'm positive it's her!  And I don't know!  I haven't talked to her since she dropped me off at your hotel that night.  I gave her my e-mail and phone number, but I never heard from her." - Jihyo

"You gave her your number?" - Dara

"Oh stop it.  She was a big help that day.  If it wasn't for her I would have never made it to your hotel." - Jihyo

"Haha yeah, yeah, whatever.  Anyways, I'd like to meet this girl and thank her for bringing you to me!" - Dara

"I want to meet her too!" - Jungah


Jihyo grabbed Dara's hand and made a b-line for the elevator, Jungah close behind.  As soon as the elevator doors opened, the girls locked arms and started weaving their way through the mass of people.  After 10 minutes of pushing their way through people, the girls finally arrived at the spot Eun Mi was supposed to be at, but  she was no where to be found.  Jihyo yelled, "Where the hell did she go?  She was right here, wasn't she?"  Jungah shouted back, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure this was the spot."  The girls stood there for awhile hoping the elusive Eun Mi would reappear, but she never did.  Eventually, the three girls gave up and started dancing.  They continued to dance (and drink) until morning.  By the time the club closed, the three girls were highly intoxicated.  Once outside, Jihyo looked at the person who was supposed to be driving them home, Jungah, and decided they probably should go somewhere and sober up for a little while.

After stumbling around for 20 minutes, looking for somewhere to eat, the three friends came across a diner.  Jihyo, figuring the greasy American food would sober them up quickly, looked at the other two and said, "We're eating here."

The girls entered the diner, each holding onto one another for support.  They shakily walked to an empty booth, and practically fell into it.  The waitress came over and handed them each a menu.  After a few minutes she came back and took their order.

"Ah I'm soooo hungry." - Jungah

"Me toooooo." - Jihyo

"Me threeeeeee." - Dara

"Oh wait, isn't that the girl we were looking for at the club?" - Jungah

[Jungah sloppily points towards a booth on the opposite side of the diner]

"Oh , you're right Jungah!  That is her!" - Jihyo

"We should go say hi." - Dara

"But doesn't it look like she's on a date with that dude?  We shouldn't interrupt." - Jungah

"Huh?  I thought she told me she was a lesbian." - Jihyo

The three girls just sat there, staring at the girl in the blue dress.


Eun Mi's POV

Ah I'm so exhausted.  I just flew in yesterday, but my brother insisted I go out with him.  He said since I'm a lesiban I would make the perfect "wing man."  Of course, he drank too much, so now I have to baby sit him all night.  He better thank me tomorrow for being the best sister ever!  On the brightside, at least he took me to a restaurant that serves hamburgers!  Nothing like a greasy burger after a night of dancing.

What is with Koreans?  Three girls just walked into the diner, stumbling all over the place.  They really ought to learn to hold their liquor better!  I thought I recognized one of the girls, but I couldn't get a good look at her face, she was too far away.  What am I talking about? I don't know anybody that lives in Korea other than my brother!

But why are they all staring at me?!  I wonder if there is something on me?  Is there toilet paper stuck to my shoe?  Maybe they know my brother.  "Hey Duk Ho, do you know those girls?"  He looked toward the table of girls and said, "Nope.  I have no idea who they are."

I looked over at them again.  The one girl at the end of the table looked really familiar.  Actually, they all looked really familiar for some reason.  I shook my head and said to myself, "Snap out of it.  Remember you're in Korea.  You don't know anybody here!"  Maybe they can tell I'm a foreigner...

After a few minutes, I glanced over at the other table, they were still staring at me!  What the hell?  How long do they really intend to keep looking at me?

I decided that I would play their game.  I turned sideways and locked eyes with one of the girls at the other table.  I thought to myself, "I am totally going to win this staring competition!"

Ten minutes went by and the four of us were still staring at each other from across the restaurant.  I'm pretty sure the waitress thought we were crazy, because when she delivered the food to the tables, none of us moved a muscle, we just continued on with our staring game.  My brother just sat there, too drunk to care about what was going on.

I saw the waitress approaching with a pitcher of water.   I could hear her filling up my brother's glass.  As she turned to walk away, she looked at me and asked, "Do you not like idols or something?"  "Huh?" was all I managed to say.  Stunned, I unlocked eyes with the three girls, and was now staring at the waitress.

"Well, you have been staring at them for a good ten minutes now, so I was wondering if you had a problem with them." - waitress

"No, I don't even know who they are.  They were staring over here, so I figured I would stare back." - Eun Mi

"Oh, okay then." - waitress

"Wait, it seems like you know who they are, mind telling me?" - Eun Mi

"The girl in the green dress is Jungah; the girl in the black dress is Dara; and the girl in the red dress is..." - waitress

"Don't tell me...the girl in the red dress is...Jihyo." - Eun Mi

"So you do know who they are!" - waitress

I mentally facepalmed myself and said to the waitress, "Yeah I know who they are, thanks for your help."  The waitress smiled and walked into the kitchen.

OH FOR S SAKE!  What the hell is Jihyo doing here?  And my God, how much did she drink?  Seriously though, why did I have to run into Jihyo here of all places?!  I look like a and I'm with my dumb drunk brother!  And why is Jihyo with Jungah?  God must hate me!

I really didn't think I would ever see Jihyo again; the piece of paper she gave me, the one that had her contact information on it, my dumb lost it.  At first I was pretty upset with myself, but eventually I got over it.  I figured someone like Jihyo was better off without someone like me as a friend.  She was a star and I was just Eun Mi, an average college girl.

Still, I couldn't help but wonder why Jihyo was staring over here?  She couldn't possibly remember me, right?!  We only hungout for a couple of hours and that was 5 months ago!  Ah, maybe I just look familiar to her and she's trying to figure out where she knows me from.  Or maybe she does remember me, but is angry that I never tried to contact her.  Ah, I guess there is only one way to find out...


The girls all turned, looked at each other, and shouted in unison, "She's coming over here!"  Eun Mi, looking full of confidence (although in actuality she was petrified), was slowly making her way across the restaurant, heading directly for the girls' table.

"Oh my gosh.  How long did we stare at her?!  She isn't coming over here to punch us is she?!" - Jungah

"I hope not, but we were looking at her for a solid 15 minutes..." - Dara

Before anybody could say another word, Jihyo jumped up, ran over to Eun Mi, and embraced the young girl.

"Ahhh Eun Mi it is you!  What are you doing here?!" - Jihyo

Eun Mi was confused; she stood there dumbfounded, thinking to herself, "So uhh she does remember me, and she isn't angry?"

"Hello?!" - Jihyo

[Jihyo waves her hand in front of Eun Mi's face]

"Oh sorry, I wasn't sure if you remembered me or not." - Eun Mi

"Of course I remember you!  How could I forget?" - Jihyo

"Cough cough." - Dara

"Haha, whoops, sorry baby.  Eun Mi this is Dara, Dara this is Eun Mi." - Jihyo

"Pleasure to finally meet you Eun Mi.  I've heard a lot about you." - Dara

"Likewise." - Eun Mi

"And what about me?  Don't forget to introduce me!" - Jungah

"Right, how could I forget about you?  Eun Mi, this is Jungah." - Jihyo

"You could at least say it a little more umph!  Anyways, hi there!!" - Jungah

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." - Eun Mi

"Anyways, come sit down with us." - Jihyo

"Oh no, I don't want to intrude." - Eun Mi

"Don't be silly!  Come sit next to me." - Jungah

[Eun Mi blushes and takes a seat next to Jungah]

"So, I heard you live in LA Eun Mi, what brings you to Korea?" - Dara

"That over there." - Jungah

[Jungah points at her brother, who is now passed out in the booth]

"Your boyfriend?" - Jungah

"Ewww, no.  That's my brother.  He attends school here." - Eun Mi

"Ohhh, hahaha, whoops." - Jungah

"More importantly, why didn't you tell me you were going to be in Korea?!" - Jihyo

"About that...I actually lost the piece of paper that had your contact information on it." - Eun Mi

[Dara nudges Jihyo in the arm]

"By the way Eun Mi, thank you for bringing my lovely lady to the hotel that night.  You are like a real life Cupid." - Dara

"Oh, it was no problem!  I am glad things worked out between you two!" - Eun Mi

"Anyways, enough about those two lovebirds!  We saw you at the club, and we tried to find you, but you disappeared." - Jungah

"Yeah, where did you go?" - Jihyo

"Oh, I was taking care of my drunk brother for most of the night.  He's the worst sometimes." - Eun Mi

"Well, he is lucky to have such a caring and responsible sister." - Dara

"Amen." - Eun Mi

After a few minutes of silence, Jungah spoke up and asked Eun Mi, "So Cupid, you going to help me find love, or what?!"  Eun Mi smiled and nodded, but she was silently planning ways to make Jungah hers...