The Beginning

The Girls' House

Jiyoon's POV

My driver came to pick me up at 8am.

It was the first day of filming for the new show The Girls' House.  I was feeling really nervous.  I didn't know what to expect - all I knew was that for the next 6 months I was going to be living with five other girls.  I had no idea who they might be, or what the show's concept was.

After quite a bit of driving, we finally pulled up to a large apartment building located in Busan.  I unloaded my bags and walked into the building.  I first encountered the producer who told me that I was the first to arrive & that my new "home" would be apartment number 5017, located on the 50th floor.

I took the elevator up to the 50th floor and found apartment number 5017.  I used the key the producer gave me and unlocked the door. Upon opening the door, my eyes widened...the place was beautiful.  The apartment was very modern and sleek.  Unlike the cramped dorm I was used to, the apartment was very open.  I quickly took my shoes off and walked inside, bags in hand.  The first thing I noticed was the large L shaped sofa in the living room.  I decided that since none of the other members were here yet, I would wait on the sofa until they arrived, so I put my bags down and sat on the sofa.

Luna's POV

After a few hours I finally arrived at the apartment building.  I was told to go to apartment 5017 and that one other member had already arrived.

I took the elevator up and found the door marked 5017.  I opened the unlocked door and looked around.  I was surprised at how big the apartment was.  I took my shoes off and put my bags down by the front door.  As I stepped inside, I noticed someone sitting on the sofa.  The girl turned and looked at me.  To my surprise it was 4Minute's Jiyoon.  I bowed and said, "hello."  After greeting one another, I sat down next to Jiyoon on the sofa.  There was an awkward silence as we waited for the next girl to arrive.

Jihyo's POV

I stood outside the door of apartment 5017.  I was told that two other members were already there waiting.  I had no idea who the other members were so I nervously knocked on the door.  The door opened and standing before me was Luna from f(x) and Jiyoon from 4Minute.  We kindly greeted one another and after a few minutes of small talk we all went to the living room and sat on the sofa.

Dara's POV

I walked inside the apartment and immediately noticed the awkward silence.  Nervously I approached the couch as three heads turned in my direction.  I said, "hello," and sat on the edge of the couch, far away from the other girls.

After a few minutes, Luna broke the awkward silence.  She asked, "Does anybody know what the concept of this show is going to be."  We all shook our heads no.  And again silence took over the room.

Sooyoung's POV

As I approached apartment 5017 I started getting nervous.  I wondered who the other members were that had already arrived.  I quietly knocked on the door before entering.  I slowly took my shoes off and put my bags near the others by the front door.  The quiet was really eerie.  

I entered the living room and found four girls sitting on the sofa.  As I approached them, they all stood up and greeted me.  I took a seat next to Dara, who was sitting by herself at the end of the sofa.

We quietly waited for the last member to arrive...

Bora's POV

I was the last member to arrive.  Jiyoon, Luna, Jihyo, Dara, and Sooyoung had already arrived and everybody was quietly sitting on the sofa.  With the awkward silence, I wasn't sure what to do, so I quickly said, "hello," and sat down on the couch inbetween Sooyoung and Jihyo.

After a few minutes the producer came in and explained that the six of us would be living together for the next 6 months and that cameras were placed everywhere in the apartment with the exception of the bathroom.

As for the concept, he explained that the show had no set theme, but that fans wanted to see how "idol" girls lived and interacted with one another on a daily basis.  He said, "Instead of filming one group, I thought it would be more interesting to see how six girls, who are practically strangers, interacted with one another."

"Also, there will be 6 VJS, one for each member.  But don't worry, they will only be around when a mission is given that requires you to leave the apartment."

After mentioning that we would occasionally be given missions to complete and/or things to do, he left us alone in the apartment (with the exception of the 6 VJs who stayed behind).