Kiss and Cry

We Got Married [MAX & SHEE]

May 5, 2011 – Seunghee’s Apartment

 

It was a beautiful day and Seunghee was having a week off. You would think she would go back to her parents’ house or maybe a vacation out of town. But instead she lied on her bed, staring at the phone.

Waiting.

Waiting.

And more waiting.

                 9.24pm

Changmin: What are you doing???

Seunghee: Just return from meeting.

               Are you done for the day? ^^

Changmin: Almost…

                I’m very hungry…Very very hungry :(

Seunghee: Miss my cooking? ^^

Changmin: Yes!!

                When’s our next filming anyway?

                 I miss you………

Seunghee: Do you miss my food or me? ><

Changmin: You! Kekeke ^^ I’m so tired and hungry….feed me ^^

Seunghee: Our next filming is on my birthday! Do I still need to cook for you?

Changmin: T.T But I miss your cooking TT.TT

                 I’ve to go.

                  11.45pm

Changmin: What cake do you like?

Seunghee: Where’s the surprise then? ><

               Blueberry cheesecake, buy a small one.

Changmin: Who said I’m buying it for you?

                      12.04am

Changmin: I’m kidding!

               Seunghee yah~~!

               Yahhh~~!!!!

                   8.15am

Seunghee: Sorryyyy!! My phone died ><

                 10.16am

Seunghee: Are you still sleeping? ><

               Wake up! ^^

And it was almost twelve, and Changmin was yet to reply. Of course she lied, her phone didn’t die. She was sulking. She didn’t know what to reply when he made it seem like she was the one who…who was chasing him.

Seunghee groaned and tossed the phone on the bed as she went to the kitchen. Now that she was free, she didn’t know what to do. She had been watching We Got Married episodes, and watching them from the third person point of view was completely different. She thought they were a great couple, and they seemed really real. Like it wasn’t an act at all.

Was it?

She had called Minhee to come over but she had class, but her little sister promised her that she would drop by when she was free. She sighed and went to the living room to watch TV. When it was almost lunch, she decided she could go out – no, she needed to go out. It was so stuffy in here.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Changmin woke up with the smell of breakfast – or maybe it was lunch. He yawned and went to the bathroom to clean himself before greeting the manager happily.

“Where’s Yunho hyung?” Changmin asked, as he took a seat and started digging in.

“He’s practicing,” the manager replied and Changmin looked up at him, puzzled.

“Practicing what?”

“You know,” the manager said before the two of them laughed at the pun. “The Kiss and Cry thing,” he said and Changmin nodded.

“Right, I completely forgot about that,” Changmin said, almost guiltily.

“Anyway, I cleared up your schedule on next Tuesday. You can go to his first filming,” the manager explained.

“Sure, who else is going?” Changmin asked.

“Sulli would be there, to support Krystal. And T-ARA Jiyeon would be there as well. For IU,” he said and at the mention of IU’s name, Changmin thought of Seunghee.

“Can I bring…um, a friend?” he asked, trying to maintain his cool. The manager saw right through it but decided to play along.

“Yeah, sure,” he said, patting Changmin’s back before heading out. “Just confirm with me later, alright?” he asked over his shoulder and Changmin yelled out a ‘yes’. He quickly dashed to his bedroom, retrieving his phone.

                   8.15am

Seunghee: Sorryyyy!! My phone died ><

                 10.16am

Seunghee: Are you still sleeping? ><

               Wake up! ^^

It was almost twelve, and he quickly typed a reply.

Changmin: Hey, are you free next Tuesday?

He pressed ‘send’ before he could stop himself and cursed out loud. What was he thinking? That was too direct! He should’ve asked her what she was doing first! Stupid Changmin!

Seunghee: Yeah, I’m free for a week.

               What is it?

Changmin: Wanna come to Yunho hyung’s filming for Kiss&Cry?

                 It’s the ice skating program.

Seunghee: I know what it is. Sure! ^^ Love to.

               IU would be there right?

               Hahaha, kidding. I’ll see you later ^^

Changmin caught himself grinning as he typed his reply and stopped himself. Was he really falling for her? Like seriously?

“No, that can’t be it,” he muttered aloud, raking his hair with his hand. He sighed, and deleted his reply and tossed his phone on the bed. He needed to take a step back.

________________________________________________________________________________________

A few days had passed and Changmin had stopped texting Seunghee. She bit her lower lip as she stared at her phone, waiting for his text.

It’d been three days.

She remembered when he didn’t text her for the whole day and she would check on her phone every second. And she brought her phone almost everywhere she went except when she was taking a shower. She checked her phone for the umpteenth time before a sigh escaped her lips.

She needed to take a break.

It wasn’t until midnight that Changmin texted her about the location. It was just one sentence and that was it. She had said goodnight, and he replied it back. But that was it.

“Aish! Why am I so bothered by this!” she huffed angrily and glared at her phone. But no matter how frustrated Seunghee was with Changmin, she was still nervous in meeting him. They only met when there was a filming and there was only one time when she and TVXQ were promoting together. But she had never seen him outside of the filming.

“Oh my god! What happened?” Kyungmi yelled at Seunghee. Seunghee looked up guiltily and scratched her neck awkwardly.

“Nothing,” she mumbled a reply and Kyungmi shook her head.

“What are you trying to find?” she asked, placing the files down and Seunghee’s cheeks flushed red.

“It’s nothing, I’ll clean this up later,” Seunghee said as she looked at her room. Clothes were laid out on her bed and the floor was a mess with boxes of shoes, and accessories scattered on the dressing table.

“Where are you going?” Kyungmi asked and Seunghee fanned her face, trying to make it less red.

“I just got this thing…tomorrow…um, with a friend,” Seunghee said lamely and Kyungmi raised an eyebrow at her.

“Alright, should I be worried about this…friend?” she asked carefully and Seunghee waved her hand dismissively.

“No, it’s nothing. I just need you to drive me to SBS,” Seunghee told and Kyungmi stood there, watching the idol.

“You don’t have any schedule,” she stated and Seunghee nodded, playing with a pink necklace.

“Yeah, do you know Kiss&Cry?” she asked and as usual, Kyungmi nodded. “Um…” Seunghee trailed off, not really sure how to say it without making a scandal out of it. “Um…Changmin asked me to go with him.”

“You don’t have any filming,” Kyungmi stated with a frown and Seunghee nodded again.

“We are not filming anything,” Seunghee said carefully. “He just asked me to come,” she told and Kyungmi looked at the girl warily.

“Is there…anything serious going on?” she asked. “Because I remembered you said you had feelings for-”

“No, I didn’t!” Seunghee cut her off and Kyungmi smirked.

“Alright,” she said. “Do you need help?” she asked, nodding at the clothes that Seunghee had yet to choose.

“That would be helpful,” Seunghee replied, a little embarrassed although she didn’t know why.

________________________________________________________________________________________

May 10, SBS Building

 

Changmin was sitting down next to Minho, his feet tapping the floor nervously. He played with his phone, waiting for Seunghee to text him that she’d arrived. He felt truly guilty for not texting her at all. He just thought it was better for the two of them. He couldn’t risk falling for her, although he thought he might already have.

He caught whispers gushing from the audience before it turned into excited scream. He craned his neck, hoping it to be Seunghee. Sure enough, it was her. She looked pretty, that was the first thing that came to his mind. Changmin realized that she was wearing a peach blazer, over a black and white dress, and he remembered that he was wearing peach colored blazer too.

Seunghee caught his gaze and smiled warmly and it took him a moment for him to remember to smile back, but he found he was already smiling, as she made her way to him.

“Hi,” she said and he smiled, gesturing her to sit next to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo noona,” Minho who was next to Changmin said and she bowed politely, replying his greeting. Changmin caught the scent of her shampoo, and rubbed his hands on his pants absentmindedly.

“Yah,” Seunghee said to him, impatiently.

“What?” he asked dumbly and Seunghee sent him a look.

“I asked you, were you busy?” she asked him again and he smiled sheepishly, scratching his neck.

“Yeah,” he said.

“I see,” was all she said. He glanced at her and swallowed, feeling nervous all of sudden. This was the first time they met since filming and it was usually awkward. The thought of him distancing himself from her had long disintegrated and he wanted her to talk to him. Badly.

“What were you doing? For the past couple days?” he asked her. She met his eyes briefly and shrugged. Was she giving him the cold shoulder now? He really hoped not because he really couldn’t stand the idea of her ignoring him. No, Shim Changmin couldn’t stand it at all. Why was it so important for Seunghee to treat him with warmth and love? Right, because he love-no, he didn’t!

“Are you that sleepy?” Seunghee asked, bringing Changmin back from his thought.

“What did you say?” he asked and Seunghee sighed.

“Are you alright?” she asked, her voice was soft and filled with concerns. Why was his heart pounding loudly now? He felt his spirit lifted, at the thought of her caring for him. Alright, he really needed to stop this now- “Yah!” Seunghee said, slapping his bicep lightly.

“Sorry,” he apologized sheepishly before sighing. “I just…I was kinda tired. And there’s a lot in my mind.”

“Is everything okay?” Seunghee asked and Changmin met her eyes, that soft, loving look burned into his soul and he shook his head, trying to clear his mind. Why was he being such a lovesick idiot? Great, Seunghee probably thought he was an idiot now.

“Sorry, I’m doing it again, aren’t I?” he asked and Seunghee laughed. Changmin felt his lips curled by itself at the sound of her laugh.

“You need to focus when Yunho oppa performs, alright?” Seunghee asked and Changmin grinned.

“Hyung practiced a lot. Like in the bathroom. Seriously,” Changmin said, a little bit grudgingly earning laughter from Seunghee.

“Really?”

“I’m not lying,” Changmin shuddered. “Even after I knocked and tell him to hurry up, he would still take an hour to get out. Seriously,” he complained and Seunghee laughed. The corner of Changmin’s lips twitched into a smile at the sound of her laughter.

“Do you know how to skate?” she asked and Changmin laughed.

“Tell me one thing that I didn’t know how to do,” he said smugly and Seunghee narrowed her eyes at him.

“Well, perhaps we can go skating,” Seunghee suggested. “When we’re filming,” she added quickly and noticed Changmin’s face fell.

“Yeah, sure,” he said and cleared his throat. “It’s starting,” he said and they straightened up.

Changmin stole a few glances at Seunghee, admiring her as she smiled in delight and amazement, watching the contestants skating. They cheered for Yunho together and Changmin suddenly felt happier. He wasn’t alone.

He looked at his side, watching the petite woman smiling and felt his heart skipped a beat.

He wasn’t alone. He has her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So sorry guys for abandoning this fic T.T Thank you for new subscribers and hope you guys are still reading this! Do you take an hour to text your crush? Do you feel very disappointed when he replied with short words?

Changmin needs to learn how to express himself and deals with his feelings! Sorry if there's not much of actions but this is important. Both of them are falling but trying hard not to.