Taking Care of You

We Got Married [MAX & SHEE]

 

April 5, 2011

 

Seunghee was resting on the bed, wrapping herself with the thick blanket. She was sick, having a high fever but the filming has to go on. Changmin arrived fifteen minutes later and peeked behind the door, and closed it again.

“Is she sleeping?” He asked the cameraman. As usual, there was no answer so he went back to the lounge and tidied the space.

“Your wife is sick,” the PD told the clueless Changmin, and the camera captured his worried yet funny face as he didn’t know what to do. Lots of things were running in Changmin’s mind; he should make porridge since that what his mother would do when he was sick, he should also bring her medicine, but he has no medicine which meant he needed to go out. But what if she already took her medicine? Was the heater working? It actually almost burned a cell of Changmin’s mind as he really didn’t know what to do.

He walked into their bedroom and saw Seunghee was sleeping peacefully. “Do I wake her up?” Changmin asked, his eyes pleading for help. “But I should let her rest…but then I don’t know if she has eaten or not…” he trailed off but the worried frown vanished, and was replaced with a soft smile when he really saw Seunghee.

“Wah, she’s really pretty,” he muttered to himself. Thinking the fans would like it, he brushed a few strands of her hair and smiled at the sight of her sleeping. She was like and angel, and Changmin actually couldn’t contain his happiness at the thought of them being actually together.

He walked out of the room silently and fished out for his phone, calling his dearest hyung. Unfortunately, Yunho was off to dreamland in their dorm, and couldn’t hear his ringing phone.

“Hyung isn’t picking up…” Changmin told the camera. He rummaged inside his backpack and pulled out a beanie and glasses. He made sure that his wallet was there and stepped outside of the house. Fans were screaming as if it was the end of the world when they sighted their favourite idols. Fans of Seunghee and Changmin were crowding the house, hoping to see their idols.

Park Jungho, Changmin’s manager asked the fans to cooperate, and Changmin gave the fans a grateful smile, greeting them on his way out. The fans followed Changmin behind, but gave him some space so that he would be more comfortable. Some of them have hands covering their mouth while some of them have their phones out, recording the idol.

Changmin entered the supermarket and took two instant porridge packets. “What kind of side dishes that she liked?” He wondered as he looked at the various frozen dishes. “I think I’ll take meat, everybody loves meat…” he said to himself.

“Oppa, Seunghee unnie really likes octopus!” A fan said, seeing Changmin didn’t know what to get.

“Ne?” Changmin asked the fan, earning a squeal from the girl beside Seunghee’s fan.

“Seunghee unnie really likes octopus,” the fan repeated.

“Ah, really? Kamsahamnida,” Changmin thanked the fan and grabbed some frozen octopus legs.

“What else does she like?” Changmin turned to the fan again. He was quite embarrassed for asking this to the fan, ashamed that he didn’t really know his own wife, even if it was his on-screen wife.

“Unnie likes her food spicy, so oppa should buy a red pepper powder,” the fan told.

“What kind of fruits that she likes?” Changmin further asked the fan with a red face.

“Persimmons and red apples,” she told Changmin and the idol thanked the fan again.

~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*

Changmin: I…was very embarrassed when I asked the fan. I really need look up Seunghee on the internet. Seunghee yah, I’ll do better.

~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Right, we’re in need of kimchi…” Changmin trailed off and headed to find kimchi. His phone rang and he was delighted to see it was his hyung.

“Hyung!”

“Wae?” Yunho asked. The PD told Changmin to put Yunho on speaker.

“Hyung, Seunghee is sick, what kind of food should I make for her?” Changmin asked.

“What else do you make? Of course you make porridge!” Yunho half scolded his dongsaeng.

“I know that…other than porridge?” Changmin asked.

“Cook her favourite dishes, cut her some fruits, maybe…” Yunho trailed off. “I don’t have a girlfriend, so I don’t know.” Yunho interjected grudgingly earning laughter from Changmin.

“You’re really is not helping,” Changmin mumbled.

“What did you say?” Yunho asked, not catching what his dongsaeng was saying.

“Nothing, I’ll see you later, hyung!” Changmin said.

“Okay, take a good care of my sister-in-law!” Yunho said before hanging up.

“Ah! I forgot to ask what kind of kimchi that we eat at home,” Changmin said and laughed at himself. He eventually picked the kimchi and headed to the counter. The cashier gasped loudly when she saw Changmin, and left the counter abruptly, leaving Changmin by himself, chuckling in embarrassment.

Another cashier walked in and greeted Changmin, and apologized for the trouble.

“I’m sorry, but I need some medicine for cold,” Changmin told the cashier and she nodded, taking the medicine and handed it at him.

“Is this everything?” She asked.

“Ne,” Changmin said politely. After paying, he went back to their house. The owner has left the house, so that they could film it comfortably.

“Oh, you’re here,” Seunghee greeted him, walking down the stairs. She wore a smile on her face, and it brightened her appearance although she was very pale.

“Are you feeling fine?” Changmin asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, what did you buy?” Seunghee asked as she followed Changmin into the kitchen.

“I’m going to make porridge for you, so you go take a rest first,” Changmin said as he placed down the groceries. Seunghee looked at him sceptically.

“Can you cook?” Seunghee asked and Changmin glared at his wife playfully. “Since this isn’t our house, I’m very worried,” Seunghee added and Changmin chortled.

“Just sit there and watch TV or something.” Changmin ordered and gently pushed Seunghee’s delicate body.

“Arasso, arasso,” Seunghee finally gave in and sat on the couch at the living room. She would try to look at the kitchen to see if her husband was doing alright.

“Have you taken your medicine?” Changmin asked.

“Yes, sir,” Seunghee replied playfully. A loud clank was heard and Seunghee instantly got up from the couch and ran to the kitchen, making her feeling dizzy a little.

“Yah, why are you so stubborn?” Changmin asked, annoyed and worried. He was so worried when he saw Seunghee ran to the kitchen and caught her holding her head. He led her to the dining table and pulled a chair for her. “Do you need some medicine?” He asked worriedly and Seunghee nodded.

Seunghee was genuinely touched when Changmin handed her the pill and the water. After making sure Seunghee has taken the medicine, he gave her a light massage on the shoulders.

“I’m fine, you should go back to your cooking,” Seunghee said and Changmin nodded although he still hasn’t left her side yet.

“Just sit here, okay?”

“Okay,” Seunghee replied and leaned against the chair. She massaged her head while watching Changmin cooked.

“I should do the cooking first, right?” Changmin muttered to himself. “Or do I do the porridge first?”

After a while, Seunghee walked into the kitchen and Changmin gave her a pointed look for her to sit back at the living room or the dining table.

“Oppa, I’m fine,” Seunghee said using aegyo and ‘oppa’ and Changmin bit his cheek so he wouldn’t smile. “I just want to help.”

“No, no, no, missy, you go back to where you are,” he said sternly and Seunghee laughed.

“Eh? You bought octopus!” Seunghee said cheerfully, her eyes lit up at the sight of her favourite food.

“You like it right?” Changmin asked nervously. He sighed in relief when Seunghee nodded excitedly.

“I’m craving for it right now,” Seunghee told. “Should I cut the fruits?” Seunghee wondered and Changmin sighed, defeated by Seunghee’s stubbornness.

“Why are you so…” he sighed and checked on the porridge while Seunghee just laughed. She washed the persimmons and pulled out a knife. “Be careful with that,” Changmin said sharply and Seunghee pouted.

“I’m not a child…” Seunghee whined and Changmin glared at her so she would stop retorting back.

“You are sick. I’ll take a chair for you,” Changmin told and took the chair from dining table and placed it down for Seunghee to sit while cutting the fruits.

“I feel like a queen,” Seunghee said and giggled when Changmin shot her a glare. Changmin seemed to be so uptight that it bothered Seunghee, and she didn’t know how to make him at ease.

“How spicy do you like it to be?” Changmin asked, referring to the octopus.

“I don’t mind,” Seunghee replied while peeling the persimmon. Seunghee turned to look at Changmin when he didn’t reply. A smile played on her lips when she saw how concentrated her husband was.

“Do you need help?” Seunghee asked, walking over to Changmin.

“Yah, you, sit there!” Changmin ordered like a dictator and Seunghee pouted.

“I don’t want too…” Seunghee pulled her aegyo and Changmin huffed, turning his attention back to the frying pan, so he wouldn’t fall for it. “It smells good,” Seunghee complimented and Changmin grinned.

“I told you I can cook,” Changmin said smugly and Seunghee chuckled.

“The porridge is ready!” Seunghee said excitedly and went to the pot.

“Yah, don’t! Just let me,” Changmin insisted and Seunghee shot a glare at him.

“I’m perfectly fine!” She snapped and both of them were staring down at each other before Changmin finally gave in. He really didn’t understand why Seunghee was being so stubborn. Seunghee smirked lightly as she put the porridge into the bowls, and placed them on the table.

~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*

Seunghee: I felt like I was troubling him. He’s very busy and he must be tired, but he was doing everything for me. [Sighs] I really don’t want to tire him out.

Changmin: I don’t know women. Why is she like that? I feel like tying her down on the chair. [Shakes his head] She really needs to listen to her husband.

She said she didn’t want to trouble you.

Changmin: She’s sick, aigoo…I, as her husband, need to take care of her…[Sighs]

~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

Changmin made sure the octopus was ready and transferred them into the plate while Seunghee was frying the meat. Once he was done, he brought the fruits to the table and would occasionally look at Seunghee to make sure she was fine.

Once everything was ready, the couple finally sat down and applauded at their first homemade meal together.

“Is it good?” Changmin asked as Seunghee chewed the octopus leg. “Is it too spicy?” He asked again.

Seunghee bobbed her head and gave him a thumbs-up. “It’s really good, oppa, you really did well,” Seunghee complimented and Changmin’s ears turned red.

“Since when are you calling me oppa, hmm?” He asked and Seunghee gave him a playful wink.

“I thought you would like it, but Changmin-ah sounds fine to me too,” Seunghee sang.  

“Eat,” Changmin changed the topic, and placed another octopus leg in her plate.

“Don’t you like octopus too?” Seunghee asked and Changmin snorted.

“I like everything,” he replied.

“Really? You don’t have anything that you dislike?” Seunghee asked in amazement.

“Hmm…nope, I really like everything,” Changmin confessed and Seunghee laughed.

“Thank you for the food, oppa,” she added and Changmin smiled. “Here,” Seunghee said, holding the octopus for him and Changmin ate it happily.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update~ I just got the opportunity to write yesterday since I kept going out with my cousins (every day for five days). I received my results three days ago and got straight A’s! If I didn’t, I might not be able to update ever again ><

Hope you like it!