Chapter 4

The Innocent Gangster

Alex POV

 

I woke Up the next morning in a place I was not familiar with. Oh wait, I'm a boy now... Oh well. I looked at the time and it was 7:00 am. Time for school. I got out of bed and picked out a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt to wear to school. Since I'm changing to a boy I need to register all over again. 
 
I looked into the mirror in my room. I guess I look presentable. I looked like a boy in other words. Then, I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face and mouth. When I came out I bumped into Onew,of all people.
 
"Where are you going?" He asked me with a frown. When I tried to look up at him, My eyes became level with is lips...My face quickly turned away and I think I blushed. He looked down on me and smirked.
 
"I said Where are you going." He told me again. This time it wasn't a question, It was a statement.
 
"School, I'll be back at around 2." I simply said and then grabbed my backpack from my room and walked downstairs.
When I when down I saw Taemin and Jonghyun already at the dining Table eating what looked like pancakes but I wasn't sure..
"Hi Alex!" Taemin yelled while stuffing his mouth with food. Jonghyun nodded and smiled at me.
"Hi guys." I said and started to put on my sneakers but then Taemin yelled my name.
 
"What?" I said while opening the door.
"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" He asked innocently. I thought for a little bit; I could just stop by Starbucks on my way and buy a coffee and cookie. I didn't need to eat with them.
 
"No, I can just stop by a store and buy something from there." I told him. I was just about to go out through the door but then Onew called my name. 
            "Alex!" He called "Eat here with us! Its free. You don't need to buy food when its right in front of you." He told me. I was about to refuse but then Taemin came and dragged me over to the table. HOW DID HE GET UP WHEN A SECOND AGO HE WAS STUFFING HIS FACE LIKE A PIG???!!!
 
 
"Ummm...Ok?" I said uncertain of what was happening to me. I was being dragged to eat when I had school In 1 hour. What could go wrong. I saw a plate in front of me and noticed everyone was looking at me. While slowly taking one pancake I started to get annoyed at them observing my every move.
"What?" I said annoyed. Onew and Jonghyun looked surprised and Taemin looked shocked.
"Is that all you're taking" Taemin asked worried. I nodded; I don't eat much so I wasn't going to take anything I wasn't going to finish.
 
"No wonder you're sooooooo small! If you had long hair I would have thought you were a girl!" Taemin told me.
My eyes got bigger. Did he find out I was a female? I shook the thought away and started to finish my food. Once I finished eating I looked at my watch, 7:50- WAIT 7:50! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!
I suddenly got out of my chair and put my plate in the sink. Everyone was looking at me in confusion. As I ran to the door I yelled out
"I'm late for school! I need to get there in ten minutes max!" Then as I was going through the door Onew called my name.
 
"Alex, I'll give you a ride!" He told me. I was about to refuse but then he said.
 
"I have a feeling school means alot to you. I'll drive you. What school do you go to?" He asked while getting out his keys and leading me to his car.
"Ummm Seoul High." I told him and got into his car.
"Ok buckle your seat belt because this is going to be a wild ride." he told me. I thought he was kidding but then he started speeding up. I looked at the speed limit, it was at 80. 
"Yah, slow down will you!" I snapped at him. He just smirked.
 
"Alex, You are a very interesting person." He told me. I gripped the seat and closed my eyes. In less than 5 minutes we arrived.
 
"Okay, here you are." He said. I mumbled a thanks and opened the door. 
"Wait Alex" he told me. I looked back over my shoulder.
"We are going to preform a killing today. We need you for it today. Make sure you are ready." He told me. I simply nodded and walked into the school.
 
I when into the office and registered again. They gave me a pass and I walked to first period. Durring that class I barly listened because a memory came back to me.
 
Flashback
 
No ones POV
 
12 year old Alex was quietly sitting on a swing in a park. She managed to escape the orphanage during Break time. She got slapped across he cheek for talking back and it was swollen. How she wished that she could find a friend in this world. Ever since her parents died, she had no one.
 
"What are you doing here alone?" She heard a voice say behind her. She quickly turned around and saw a boy-older than her around 20 looking at her with concerned eyes. 
 
"Why do you care." She snapped back. He raised his eyebrows at her and smiled. He took the swing next to her and said,
 
"Where are your Parents? Why are you here alone. This part of Seoul is not for kids like you.".
Alex looked at him painfully and managed to say,
 
"My parents are dead. They died a while ago. I need to live in this stupid orphanage because I'm the only one left. No aunts, uncle,godmother. Just me." I told him.
 
For a second he looked at me. I looked at him back my eyes met his and I held his gaze.
"My name is Jinki, what about you?" he asked.
"Alex." I replied. I knew he was a stranger but I didn't care. Something about him made me feel safe and protected.
 
"Well Alex, You seem like a cute girl, why are you her and not in the orphanage?" He asked. I frowned at him.
 
"I got slapped. Plus,its break I can stay her for 30 minutes." I told him.
 
"Slapped? Thats not right. Why would anyone slap a pretty girl like you?" He said.
 
"Thats what I ask myself every day, Why me." I said and I was about to get up and walk away from Jinki until he stopped me.
 
"Where are you going, Missy?" he asked me. I just stared at him, I wasn't used to getting this much attention at all since my mom and dad died...
 
"Back to the orphanage, duh" I told him. He smiled again, Stop smiling at me will you! I mentally screamed in my head. He was older than me by like 9 years! Such a weirdo!
 
Jinki POV
 
"Where are you going, Missy?" I asked her. She was a cute girl around 12. I could see that she felt uncomfortable talking to me, but I really liked her. I have visted plenty of orphanages in my time. All of the girls that were her age wore ty clothing and heavy make-up. Alex had on a simple outfit.
 
 
 
 
 
17496_01_l.jpg
 
tumblr_lqrckvCBLy1r1mcjgo1_500.png
 
I wanted her to stay. She looked like a very nice girl and I don't want her to go back to that orphanage where they hurt her. Alex also smelled really  nice, I think shes an -Ab. I smiled at her again and said,
 
"I still want to talk to you. Don't leave." 
Alex looked at me before sitting back down. I got up and started pushing her. She was very light for her age. 
 
" What do you want?" She asked. I smiled at her and stopped pushing her. I tagged her and ran away.
 
"TAG!" I yelled and ran away. I stopped by the slide and looked back over my shoulder. She was still by the swing but she had a gorgeous smile on her face! She started running towards me but I skillfully ran away. She continued chasing me and BOY WAS SHE FAST! Alex got me in no time. We continued until she needed to go. 
 
"Bye Jinki-ssi." Alex replied sad. I gave her a reassuring smile. 
 
"Call me oppa. If you come here tomorrow same time, you can." I told her. I swear her face lit up when I said that. I started to walk away and she yelled
 
"Bye oppa!"
 
END FLASHBACK
 
Every day. Every day I would go to the park to see him. He was my friend, someone I could trust....
 
"Ms.Park! Answer the question please!" The teacher yelled. I looked up and saw a complicated problem on the board. 
 
"25." I answered quickly. Then I dozed of into memories about Jinki and my parents...