Chapter 3

The Innocent Gangster

 

He led me to my room and then left. My room was pretty cool. It had a queen sized bed, a closet, and a desk, and TV. 

"Ok, here is your room. If you need anything, just come down." Key said with a smile.

 

Sitting on my bed, my hands traveled to the long necklace that went right above my belly button. It's not the one my mom gave me..... It was from my first love........

FLASHBACK. 

we were at the secret pound he found. I was sitting underneath the cool shade of a big willow tree, startled when hands came around my waist pulling me into his lap. My back was against his chest, soaking up the warmth he gave me. 

"Alex....." he cooed in my ear letting his breath tickle my ear. His left hand in my hair playing with my locks. 

"Hmph?" I answered picking up his hand and playing with his fingers.

"Today is a VERY special day. Do you know what?" I could sense a smile in his tone of voice. 

"Hmm... Don't tell me" I said pretending like I didn't know; "Veterans Day?- insert frowning from mystery man- I smiled. " The day you met me!" I said feeling him smile.

"Of course! Now close your eyes!" he commanded. I did and I could feel him moving slightly. "Okay. Open......" he said into my ear. I opened my eyes and a silver necklace appeared in front of my eyes it was a heart and when I opened it, it said "You are never alone... I'm always with you no matter what happens..

love,

JJ

Then, on the other half of the opened heart there was a mirror. Lifting it up, I could new his chin resting on my shoulder. 

"Wow....." I managed to say. 

"Put it on." he said. When I hesitated, he took it from my hands and put it on me. 

"It's too long." I said and then frowned. It went below my belly button. 

"You'll grow." he said​ while pulling himself against the tree and putting me in a much more  comfortable position. 

"I love you Alex. Don't ever leave me." he said into my ear gazing at me lovingly. 

"I'd never do that, Jaejoong......." 

END FLASHBACK

I was trembling after that memory came to mind. He told me he loved me, but a month later he was gone......tears threatened to fall down but I held back. I have never cried since i saw my parents die and I wasn't going to start now.

I took a deep breathe and took off my backpack. I started to unpack belongings. 

 

When I was done, I had nothing else to do so I went back down stairs.  I didn't know anyone besides Key and the devil so I thought it was worth a try. 

Walking down, I saw that everyone was in the same place they were before I went upstairs. I saw that the only empty seat was next to a boy with yellow streaks and Dino features. Even though he looked intimidating, he was short and no one can resist my glare...

I took the seat and he watched me sit besides him. He started to smirk at me and I shot him a glare. 

"What?" I said finally annoyed at him staring and smirking at me

"Aren't you way too young to be in a gang." He finally said. 

"Aren't you too short to be a guy?" I shot back. I was confused, why is he smirking at me when he should quiver away and die?

"Feisty! Onew likes them hot." he said. "Too bad you are a guy, or else you two would all ready be down in his room and dirty.." he said evilly. But, what did he mean by dirty?

 

"You smell nice too......." He whispered to himself but I still heard it and ignored the comment. 

"I'm Jonghyun." He said sticking his hand out. 

"I'm Alex." I said to him. Shaking his hand slightly trying to push aside all the thoughts coming to my brain of the stuff Jonghyun said. 

Then, another boy who resembled a mushroom came up to me and sat down next to me. 

"Hello Alex!! I'm Taemin! You remind me of my sister so I'm going to make sure your safe!" He said smiling and excitedly. Geez, he looks mean and cold but boy! He acts like a 5 year old. 

"Hello Taemin! Thanks for the compliment, I think ." I replied back smiling. He reminded me of my friend Yuri. She was so hyper and couldn't be calmed down, but she was always there for me. 

Another boy also came up. He was the one that answered the door. And the devil Onew.....

"Hello, I'm Minho.  You can come to for anything you need help with." He said with a deep voice and smiled. Why is everyone smiling at me? Do they recognize me?! 

"Hello, Alex I'm Onew. I'm the leader and the oldest. Come to me for help." He winked. I blushed and I didn't know what to do. 

I bowed to them and went back upstairs. Changing into pajamas I saw it was 10 pm. I have school tomorrow so I should go and sleep. My mind drifted back to the times my mom and dad would always tell me education was what mattered. But now here I am, in the home of a murderer.

Flashback 

"Mommy what's happening! What are those sounds!" 6 year old Alex asked her mom. They were in Alex's bedroom and her mom was with her. But her dad was downstairs, and gunshots could be heard...

"Alex, stay up her! Don't come down until someone tells you to!" Her mother told her quickly. 

"But Mommy! What if you don't come back?!" Alex asked frightened. Her mother stopped in her tracks and took off the necklace she was wearing."Keep this and I am always with you." Her mother said and handed it to her. 

Then, with one final look at her daughter, Alex's mother ran through the door into the gun shots and yelling. 

"Mom?......." Alex said to herself. She wasn't going to leave her mother and father there even if they said not to. Quickly but softly, Alex walked down the stairs and hid on the Hallway away from sight. But she could clearly see what was happening.

"This is my last question! Is it going to be you or your daughter?!"An unknown man said to her parents with a gun in his hand pointed towards her mom and dad; Alex gasped. 

"Us..." They said at the same time. The man smirked and pulled the trigger. It hid her mother in the chest and her dad in the tummy. 

"Mommy! Daddy!" Alex cried. Tears stinging her eyes as she ran to them. Not caring if the murderer saw her. 

"." He swore under his breath. But when Alex reached her mom and dad, it was too late. They were gone.

"You killed my family!" Alex yelled at the man. He just shrugged and started to walks way. The person that was with him nudged him and said

"Onew, don't you think she is a problem? She saw your face." Onew? So that's his name

"No, she fine. Only six years anyway. What will she remember?" He said back walking through the door. The other boy gave her a pitiful glance and walked out. 

Minutes later the police came. They investigated but they were never found. She was sent to an orphanage where she met he love. She thought everything was alright until he left.

End Flashback

"Why did you do it, Onew?" Alex mutters under her breath before going to sleep