Waking Up

The Innocent Gangster

I woke up to see the concerned face of Key staring straight back at me. Then, events of this morning came right back to mind. I instantly shot straight up.

"What happened?" I asked as I got up and rested myself against the headboard.

 

"You got assaulted by one of our worst enemies." he told me. Key just pushed me back against the pillows but I propped myself against my elbows. Key tried getting me to lay down but I resented. After multiple failed tries, he stopped.

 

"No I mean to Onew and Jaejoong." I said. Key looked at me and said,

 

"They are still here. I don't know who you want to talk to first but I think Jaejoong wants to see you.". I was silent for a second but then Key quickly said.

 

"I'll just send them in....." and he went out of the room. A minute later Jaejoong stormed in.

 

"Alex, I was so worried that I scared you!" He told me in relief. Jaejoong took my hand into his and started rubbing circles against my palm. I didn't say anything to him yet. 

 

"Why did he call you 'Wolf boy'?" I asked him. Jaejoong stopped what he was doing and he looked up. 

"He never called me that, Alex." He said and continued rubbing soothing patterns on my wrist. 

 

I scoffed and said

"Yes, he did. Seungri called you that almost three times." I said. The moment I said the name Seungri, Jaejoong stiffened up. 

"Don't say that name." He told me harshly. I was taken back. He never talked to me like that. How come Jaejoong is acting so rash? I quickly ripped my hand from his grip and hid under the blanket. Jaejoong is starting to scare me. When we were younger he was never like this. I hate this side of him.

"Jaejoong.... Why are you acting like this so suddenly?" I asked him from under the blankets. He looked up and I felt his jaw clench. 

"Why? Alex, you're asking me why I'm acting like this?! It's because, I am worried that someone is going to harm you! I don't want you to be turned into one of th-" but then he stopped. 

"I want to know that you're safe. I gave you my number, how come you're not texting me?" He asked changing the topic.  I softened a little at his reply. I slowly got out from under the covers. I looked at Jaejoong and said,

 

"I just don't have any time for this. I have schoolwork and all of this gang stuff. I can't even think of a cover for why you and I were in that ally together!" I told him exasperated. He slumped back down in his chair.

 

"I said that I saw you while you were walking back to school and you were getting attacked by...by... by it!" He said. 

"....... I can still smell him on you...." He said quietly. I looked up.

 

"What?" I said furrowing my eyebrows. He looked up and looked at me confused.

"What?" He asked.

I sighed and said it was nothing. Jaejoong hummed and took my hand back into his, rubbing circles around my hand. Then, he suddenly stopped. Jaejoong let go of my hand and he leaned back in his chair. Moments later, Onew came in.

 

"How are you feeling, Alex?" He asked. I looked up at him and saw worry all over his face.

 

"I'm fine." I mumbled. Onew sat down in the chair for my desk. I looked up at him and he said something else,

 

"Do you still want to go to school?". I looked at him like he was crazy. Then, I remembered that I had a huge math test 5 period. I silently gasped and I quickly got out of bed. I was still in my previous clothes so I just ran downstairs. I heard Onew and Jaejoong on my tail but I shoved my sneakers on and was about to open the door. But, a hand stopped me from doing so.

Onew's POV

 

Alex gasped and quickly got out of his bed. He ran out of the door and Jaejoong and I ran after him. Alex put his sneakers on and was about to open the door but I stopped him.

 

"Let me drive you." I told him as I took the car keys and got my shoes on. Then, Jaejoong cut in and said,

 

"No, let me do it." He grabbed his keys and put his own shoes on. I clenched my jaw.

 

"No I insisted" taking Alex's hand in my own while dragging him into the car. The, I felt Alex stop. When I looked behind us, I saw Jaejoong holding his other hand. I looked Jaejoong into the eyes and said,

 

"Let go, Dog." his eyes flashed with fury.

"Let go, Blood-er." He insulted. I glared at him and ripped Alex's hand from his grasp. 

"Come on, Alex. You don't need him to get to school." I said and lead him to the car. He opened the passenger side door and silently got in. I scowled as I started the engine. After a few moments of silence Alex spoke up. 

 

"How come you called Jaejoong a dog? And why did he call you a blood-er?" She stated. I looked at him and replied. 

"Pet names." I simply said. Alex let out long sigh and looked out the window.  After 10 minutes we arrived at her school. 

"Thanks for driving me." He told me and was about to climb out but I stopped him. 

 

"Alex, we have another mission tonight." I told him. He looked at me and said

 

"Why? Do I need to be a girl again?" He said annoyed. I shook my head and replied

 

"No.... This one is a lot bloodier. We are actually going to attack a different gang." Alex looked at me and said,

 

"Fine. See you tonight." And with that he got out of the car and was walking towards the school gates. Since they were already locked she threw her backpack over the gates and attempted to climb up. I thought she was going to fail but she actually succeeded in getting to the top. 

Alex's tummy was on the big cement gate but him long legs were still dangling from over the edge forming a right angle. I was about to go and help him but he managed to go and lift his right leg over and get his entire body over the gated to the school doors. 

But, the entire time I couldn't help thinking how small his was a guy. The way he moved his legs over the wall made his look nice. 

I shook my head and backed out into the street. The full moon must be near.... 

Alex's POV

I climbed over the gates with a little bit of trouble, but I got over it. I jumped back down and took my backpack. I walked towards the main doors and I came to my locker. I looked at the clock and saw that the next class was going to start in 2 minutes. I took my books and I walked to the bathroom to go and get a drink of water before going to my math class.

 

"Three, two, one." I said and the bell rang. Students came running out to leave the boring class and I smirked in victory. I walked to my next class and sat down in my seat near the back. After another three minutes the bell rang and the teacher began talking about the test. Moments later she passed the test out and I began. There were 50 questions but they were all pretty easy. Calculus is a piece of cake! 30 minutes later I finished my test and handed it in. Even though I heard people whispering about how I as a show-off, I didn't care. They were all stupid seniors that didn't even memorize the sevens times table.

 

I was reading my book when I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I turned towards the feeling and saw another class-mate. His name was Nam Jinyoung. He was one of the Kinkas of the school. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

 

"What, Birdbrain?" I asked annoyed. He looked at me desperately and said,

 

"Yah, help me with number 21!" He whisper yelled. I frowned and said,

 

"This is why you listen in class and not dream about girls. Just figure it out." I said and returned to my book. I heard him let out a growl and grumble about how inconsiderate first years are. 

 

"Ten minutes left, Class!" Ms.Jung said. She was a young teacher that had beautiful blond hair. She continued to her work at her desk. I breathed in and turned the page of my book. Then the bell rang and I took my books and went to my locker. I assumed that I was the only one that finished since Ms.Jung said that if you didn't finish, you need to stay behind. No one except me come out. I was busy in my train of thoughts that I ran into someone.

 

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed and helped her up. She dropped all of her books and her folders went flying. I picked them up while endlessly repeating that I was sorry about making her drop her books.

 

"It's fine. I should've been watching where I was going." She said and looked up. Her eyes widened and so did mine.

 

"Alex?" She asked and I was frozen on the spot.

 

"Yuri!" I said smiling. Then, a huge grin broke out on her face too.