Discovery Part 2

Hello! We are E-Motion! Yea, Yea!!

 

 

 

Nikki and Zelo sat at the ice cream shop in awkward silence, or at least for Zelo. He has never been around a quiet Nikki before and it was strange. He watched her every move, studying her. He could tell she was upset and feeling down.

 

“ Noona, how's your ice cream?” He tried to use aegyo. “ Zelo did a good job?”

 

She looked up at him, giving a small smile. “ Ne, you got my favorite ice cream. How'd you know?”

 

Zelo's face suddenly turned a bright red. “ I, uh, kinda looked it up.”

 

“ You know everyone's favorite?” She titled her head.

 

“ Um, no.” He looked flustered a looked down. “ Just yours. I wanted to know more about you.”

 

“ Really? Why?” She smiled teasingly. “ You my stalker?”

 

“ No!.. Maybe a fanboy.” He mutter the last part.

 

“ Same thing Jelly.” She pinched his cheeks teasingly, but her happy mood suddenly vanished when her phone began to ring.

 

A bright red umbrella
Wet and drenched clothes and sneakers
I turn off and turn on the boiler
Whatever I do, it doesn’t dry
Is that how I feel or is it not?
A confusing set of questions and answers

On a rainy day, I fell for you
We used to love each other so much
It didn’t seem like we had to do this
So my heart hurts so much (heart hurts)
(From the beginning, I held you in the left side of my heart and you thickly remain)

She slowly reach for her phone and pressed the talk button. “ Yeboseyo-”

 

“ Brittany, please listen.” JaHoon's voice erupted over the phone. “ I didn't mean to hurt you. Please hear me out, araso?”

 

Nikki was silent for a moment, thinking, before nodding. “ Araso. Try to make me understand.”

 

“ I really didn't mean to hurt you. I've been lonely lately. You've been so busy with your career and I know it's your dream to be a singer and rapper. I couldn't take you away from that and I felt empty. My heart felt empty with out you. I tried to fill it with another girl, and I know it was stupid.” He paused for a moment. “ I shouldn't have never done that. I'm a pabo, I know and I'm selfish. Please give me another chance. Saranghae Nikki. Mianhaeyo.”

 

She stared at the table for a while before she felt someone take her hand. She followed the others' hand to see Zelo there, mouthing ' Do what you think is right.'

 

She squeezed his hand and took a deep breath, silently. “ Mianhaeyo, oppa, but no.” She gulped,letting tears roll down her face.“ I've put all my trust in you and you broke it and shattered it. You were one of the few people I could trust and you- you did this. I will not hold any grudges, but we will not go out again. At most we can be friends.”

 

There was silence on the other and a soft sigh. “ I can live with that as long I don't lose you completely. I'll see you later then?”

 

“ Ne, bye.” With that she hung up and wiped the tears from my eyes. “ Zelo-ah?”

 

“ What is it noona?” Zelo rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, his voice soft and gentle.

 

“ Why are men like that?” She let the tears fall and her voice cracked, but she didn't care anymore. Her heart hurt. “ Why do they cheat? Why do they fake a love that is never going to happen? Wae?!”

 

Zelo stayed silent for a moment, thinking. He got to his feet and sat next to the crying girl. He pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back. “ I don't know. Guys are jerks, but you'll meet the right one soon enough. A guy who will love you and cherish the moments you've been together. One that won't cheat on you.” He smiled a little. “ That's when you'll know he's a real man. No matter what the age....But no old men araso? Like they can only be a little older than you. Not 40.”

 

She giggled a little and pushed back, giving a weak smile. “ I don't think I'll be in another relationship for a while or ever.”

 

“ Mwo?” Zelo asked, surprised. “Waeyo?!”

 

She smiled a little and looked out the window. “ Some people aren't meant for love. I'm one of them. My uncle's girlfriend told me once, ' Brittany, you are a strong, independent, young woman. You don't need a man because they will hold you back from what you want. You've been through that with your father, uncles, and brother. They ran your life and now you are going to work for yourself and be who you want to be. Don't let any man hold you back.'”

 

“ She sounds like a smart woman.”

 

“ She is. She was always so supportive of me. After every sports game she would complement me on how well I did, unlike the males in my family. She was very kind.” She nodded, but then the memory of what happened at the dorm popped in her head. “ Zelo-ah? So you and B.A.P. are aliens?”

 

Zelo froze for a moment before slightly nodding. “ Yes- well kinda. I'm not. I'm from here.”

 

“ Mwo?” She pulled away from the hug and raised an eyebrow. “ What do you mean?”

 

“ It's complicated.” He sighed, scratching his head.

 

“ Yeah, like being a white girl in an Asian band, who the group mates are all aliens, along with my favorite boy band isn't complicated.” She raised an eyebrow. “ I think I can follow or at least try.”

 

Zelo studied her before sighing. “ It was a few years ago. It was a normal day and I was walking home. My friends had to stay after school for detention for putting tacks on the teachers chair. They didn't rat me out so I didn't get in trouble.” He smiled a little at the memory before frowning. “ I was walking home and... some guys came out from a near by alley-”

 

A young Zelo was walking down the street, pulling on his jacket for warmth as his breath froze in the air. He mentally cursed himself for not wearing the thicker, warmer jacket he had at home. He looked up and stopped in his tracks as he saw two men step out from the alley ten feet away.

 

He watched as the men grinned a sickening smile at him. He shivered as they took a step towards him. He took a nervous step back and began to run the opposite way, back to school.

 

He heard quick foot steps behind him and he barely got ten feet from where he stood before before getting hit to the ground. He fell on his stomach, losing is breath as he made contact with the ground. He tried to crawl away, but one of the men grabbed him by his hood and yanked him up and slammed him into a wall.

 

The young black hair boy struggled to get away, but was punched in the gut, choking. The beating went on for five minutes, though it felt like hours, until one of them pulled a knife.

 

The was a sharp pain that pierced the young boy's body, but he couldn't scream. He became to cough blood uncontrollably and laid on his side, weak.

 

The two men grabbed his wallet and phone and ran off, leaving the dying boy.

 

Thinking he was going to die, he laid there limply. He coughed and closed his eyes. More foot steps came, but they became quicker and louder.

 

“ Hey, hey! Wake up!” A deep voice spoke, panicked.

 

Zelo weakly opened his eyes to see a muscular older man. His eyes knitted together as he examined the wound.

 

“ Do you want to live?” The man looked in the boy's eyes. “ I can help you, but you won't be the same. Do you trust me?”

 

Zelo, confused and dazed, stared at him with glassy eyes. His mind was in a jumble, but he knew one thing. He didn't want to die. He tried to speak, but he started to cough again. He nodded his head before passing out.

 

 

“ The next thing I remembered was waking up on a metal table and Yongguk hyung asleep on the sofa across the room.” Zelo looked out the window. “ He saved me. I'm not completely human anymore, but I am enough.”

 

Nikki shook her head in disbelief. “ I can't believe this.... My little Zelo put tacks on a teacher chair!?” She whacked him on the arm.

 

“ Yah! That's all you have to say?” Zelo frowned, blocking her 'attack' and grabbed her wrist gently.

 

Nikki thought about it and nodded, grinning. “ Yeah, pretty much.”

 

“ Noona!” Zelo whined, pouting cutely.

 

She gave a soft smile. “ I'm joking. I think your lucky to have your hyungs and I'm glad your hyungs came here.”

 

“ Why do you say that?”

 

“ Because if they weren't then I wouldn't have you as a friend.” She smiled sheepishly. “ Hey let's head back. I think the groups are getting worried.”

 

 

 

A/N

 

I am SO SO SO sorry for the late update. I got extremely ill and couldn't work on this much. I'm a little better but I'm going to the doctor soon because I've been sick since the Saturday before Christmas and my condition have gotten better but then worse so I'm seriously sorry! I'll try to work harder for you guys! Please forgive me? Well I'll try to update this weekend if I'm feeling any better. Byes for now!