Chapter 9

No Words

The next day you ate lunch with Ljoe like usual. Ricky was stuck doing some work in one of his classes so you and Ljoe were alone. It was nice with just the two of you.

"Hey we're still going to the park after school right?"

"Yeah of course!" you said smiling at him.

Like always lunch seemed to go by too fast. You and Ljoe went to your classes. During class your mind kept drifting off. You couldn't help but think of Chunji but when Ljoe popped into your mind your heart beat accelerated.

After school had finished you went I your locker like normal to put away your books. Ljoe and Chunji came walking down the stairs. Ljoe came running over to you.

"Hey _____~"

"Hi Ljoe!" you smiled at him.

"You ready?"

"Yup lets go"

The two of you walked out of the building and out of the school gates. While you were walking to the park you passed by an ice cream shop.

"Ljoe-shi let's grab ice cream!" you said tugging on his arm.

"What?"

"Please~ look the shop looks so cute~!" you started to pull him towards the shop.

"Okay okay we can go" h chuckled.

You entered the little ice cream shop. You went up to the counter and looked at all the different flavors. This little shop had a lot of different flavors it was hard to choose.

'Omg there's mint chocolate chip... Oh wait they have chocolate chip cookie dough! Oh my they even have cookies 'n cream!'

"Which one are you going to get?" you turned to Ljoe.

"Um... I'm going to get chocolate. What are you going to get?"

"Okay, I'm going to get.... Um..... I'm going to get.... Coffee..."

"Are you sure?" he chuckled watching your conflicted expression.

"Yes I'm sure."

"Alright you order first" Ljoe said.

"Okay, can I have a single scoop coffee ice cream?"

"In a cup or a cone?" the lady behind the counter asked.

"Um cup please~"

"Would that be all for you?"

"Ye-"

"No can you add a single scoop of chocolate in a cup please" Ljoe cut you off.

"Sure that will be $4.50"

Ljoe pulled out his wallet and started to pull out his money. But you grabbed his hand and tried to push his money away so you could pay.

"Aniyo Ljoe-shi I can pay for my own. Besides it was my idea to come here anyway."

"I can't let you pay _____."

"Waeyo?!"

"Because what kind of man would I be if I let a woman pay for something?"

"A man who-"

"Nope you're not paying, here you go miss"

"Thank you sir here is your ice cream" she said sliding the two cups towards the two of you and put spoons in them.

"That's not fair Ljoe~" you whined grabbing your ice cream. He just laughed and followed you out of the shop.

You sat down on a bench outside. It was nice out the sun was shining brightly and there was a slight breeze. You ate you ice cream happily while Ljoe ate his as well. You looked over at his ice cream.

'Maybe I should have gotten vanilla or chocolate.'

"Do you want some?" he said holding out his cup to you.

"A-Aniyo it's ok hahaha I'm good with my coffee ice cream" you said taking a spoonful of ice cream and eating it, then over exaggerated how much you liked it. Ljoe laughed and ate his ice cream.

A little further down the street a guy had set up and started to play his guitar. Ljoe had left to throw away the trash. When he returned, you pulled him towards the street performer.

"Where are we going?" he asked chuckling running behind you.

"The street performer!" you said pointing to the guy playing a guitar. You two joined the crowd that had started to form around the man.

The street performer had just finished the song he was playing. You clapped along with everyone else. Then he started playing another song. The beat was familiar and you looked over at Ljoe. The expression on his face told you that this was one of his favorite songs. Then you remembered this was one of the songs he had played you when you first met.

From the corner of your eye you could see him bobbing his head to the beat and softly singing along with the street performer. You knew that the rap part was coming, and you also knew that Ljoe happened to be a good rapper. So you went behind Ljoe and pushed him into the middle of the circle where the performer was. He looked at you with wide eyes and started to walk back towards you.

"Aniyo~ rap! I know you love this song and you can rap really well."

The street performer also encouraged Ljoe to rap as well. You made your best pouting face begging him to rap. Finally he gave in and started rapping. Everyone around the place started clapping to the beat as Ljoe was rapping. You watched him and smiled.

When he finished rapping he came back to you. Everyone cheered and clapped for him even the performer. He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from the crowd. You laughed as he pulled you away.

"Wah~ Ljoe-ah~ everyone loved you! I told you are a great rapper!" you said lightly pushing his arm.

He started blushing at your compliment.

"Are you blushing?!"

"N-no!" he said covering his cheeks and walked in the direction of the park.

"You are blushing! Ah! Kyeopta~!" you ran after him and hugged his arm.

He smiled at you and then quickly looked away still determined to hide his pink cheeks.