Yongguk 20

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “What do you say to a hot date?” Youngjae grinned at you. “Let this matchmaker take you along a romantic ride of your life.”

            You wrinkled your nose. “No? Don’t be dumb. I’m happy being single.”

            “Being single means just being boyfriendless for a while. You, on the other hand, are bordering forever alone. Have you ever gone past a second date?”

            “Once. That kid you recommended. The one from Busan. I think we went on a third date before I realized he didn’t talk enough to keep me entertained.”        

            Youngjae sighed. “Why do I bother with you? Well, I’m telling you, this guy I picked for you? Perfect! He’s amazing, two years older, it’s fantastic. You’ll love him. I’d date him except I’m not gay and I have a girlfriend I love very much.”

            “You’re like my mother! Every day, she’s nagging me. ‘Found a boyfriend yet?’ ‘Where’s Mister Perfect?’ She’s intolerable, poking her nose in my business.”

            Youngjae shrugged. “Well, just dress nicely. Here’s the address, I promise you, he won’t be late. You’ll totally fall in love. But one question, you like the shy, manly types right?”

            You nodded, a little scared at what Youngjae had planned. He nodded. “Alright then. You’re all set!”

            You glanced down at the address and saw the name of one of the fanciest restaurants in the city. If this was another rich boy, you will scream. Maybe it’s a little idealistic and romantic of you, but you liked to think of the boys you dated as hard-working, ones who weren’t born with silver spoons in their mouths. It made them seem all the more capable when they succeeded. Much more male.

            You sighed. Just this one more time. Maybe it was inevitable. You were meant to be forever alone, like Youngjae said, or have to settle. And nobody wanted to settle. You picked out a simple dress and decided to put some effort into not making your hair appear limp and drab. You slipped on heels and Youngjae was waiting in front.

            “What? You can’t be my date, are you?” You glared at him suspiciously.

            “No. I have LiLi. Anyway, just driving you. I’ll be your chauffeur for the night.”

            You slid in the car and he looked over at you quickly. “You don’t want some rich pretty boy right?”

            You glared at him. “Are you setting me up with a hobo?”

            Youngjae chuckled and shook his head. “I think he’ll be honest with you. Whatever. Just have fun.” He pulled up to the restaurant. “I’ll wait here. If it’s going well, I should know and I’ll leave. He can take you home. Oh, his name is Yongguk, Bang Yongguk. Have fun!”

            He pushed you out of the car and you stumbled a bit on your heels. You awkwardly pushed open the door. When you showed her your reservation, the hostess led you to a table for two. He wasn’t there. Hm, Youngjae had said he wouldn’t be late.

            Yongguk’s phone rang with a text and he wiped his hands on the dish towel. He bit his lips when he realized the time. “Oh shoot, I think she’s here already.”

            The guy next to him smiled. “Go, knock the girl dead okay? You deserve someone nice.” He smiled encouragingly at Yongguk and the young man bowed.

            “Thank you.” He pushed his way out of the kitchen and took off the kitchen uniform. Underneath, he had on a bow and a vest. The hostess pinched his cheeks as he passed and Yongguk spied a girl sitting at a table. Her hair covered her face but the way her head was tilted towards the window was picturesque.

            He was nervous, unsure of how to proceed. Her head turned and he saw eyes sparkling with mischief, but a little clouded by what seemed to be worry at the moment. Humor it was. He walked up to the table. “Hello, Miss. How may I take your order?”

            You jumped when you heard the deep voice speak from next to you. The guy standing by your table was extremely good looking. He had full lips and hair that swept over his forehead. He was smiling and it was a gummy smile.

            “Just kidding. Hello, I’m Bang Yongguk. I heard a lot about you from Youngjae.”

            You smiled and extended a hand, telling you your name. “Sorry I was a bit late. I was working back in the kitchen.”

            Your smile wavered, unsure whether he was joking or not. Yongguk’s face fell. “Wait, I was too honest, wasn’t I?” So he wasn’t lying. You shook your head mutely. “No, oh, darn.” He groaned and he genuinely looked as if he had messed up.

            “Hey, it’s okay. I think that’s pretty cool. I really admire guys who work and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.”

            He seemed to relax a bit and winked. “Oh. I can guarantee my hands aren’t dirty. They’re stuck for three hours every night under a hot basin of soapy water. But it must be weird. Most people don’t really have dates where they work. My coworkers are all staring.”

            You glanced around and saw the host was craning her neck to watch you two. She caught Yongguk’s eye and gave him a discreet thumbs up and he groaned. “They’re embarrassing. It’s almost like being surrounded by nosey mothers.” He was smiling shyly and that did it. You fell for him hard.

            “They really seem to care about you, though. I think I see the cook motioning for you to hurry up and order. He’s mouthing crazy words at you.”

            Yongguk turned around and narrowed his eyes. He mouthed something back and turned to you. “He’s telling me that our dinner is ready. Do you want to eat?”

            You nodded and immediately, the doors to the kitchen swung open. Steaming plates were passed out and the head chef bowed. “Enjoy, my lady.” Turning to Yongguk, he scolded almost like a father, “You take good care of this nice young lady.”

            Your date blushed and he divided the pasta onto your plate, adding sauce on the side with extreme care. You liked watching him work. He broke apart a piece of garlic bread and spread on butter for you. The more he took over, the deeper you were falling. You were a crazy romantic.

            Yongguk looked up. “I hope you enjoy.” He picked up a forkful of the pasta and held it up to your mouth. You ate it and nodded.

            “This is delicious. The people here really take care of you.”

            “Well, they’re one of the only family I have. My parents passed away when I was young. I basically grew up on my own. But more about that later, want some bread?”

            You were surprised, and more than a little flattered that he would share such intimate information with you. He cocked his head back towards the kitchen. “Oh look, they’re gossiping now. Embarrassing, I tell you.”

            You leaned in and winked at him. “Then we should give them something gossip about.” You really needed to thank Youngjae for this. 

 

plot requested ^^

WHEE for something fluffy and GAH YONGGUK

the ending is a bit choppy but I didn't want to go into a whole spiel so it may be a tad abrupt :/