Zelo 32

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

             Choi Junhong grew up in the lap of society. He was adored by his mother and spoiled by his father.

            Zelo grew up in the undergrounds. He was cared for by his hyungs and protected by his gang.

            Junhong waved good bye to his mom and walked out the door. He hoisted his bag over his shoulder and walked to the corner. The bus still has yet to come. He tapped his foot and started to practice his dance moves. He looked back every once in a while. If his mom saw him dancing to hip hop, she would faint. There was the bus. He stopped and waited for the doors to open before getting on.

            Zelo got off the bus and looked both ways. He clutched the straps of his bag tightly and walked cautiously. He had a pair of headphones but no music was playing. He was awaiting instructions from Yongguk-Hyung. He swallowed hard and pulled up the bandana higher over his chin. His foot tapped as he waited.

            “Zelo-ah, come back home.”

            He crossed the road and ducked between alleys. Once he turned the corner, he began to run.

            Junhong was stuck in traffic. He craned his head to see how far it would take to reach school. The bus was inching along. At last it arrived. He hopped off the bus and began to run.

            “See you guys. I gotta go to archery practice,” Junhong waved to his friends and walked behind the schoolyard to where their athlete practice fields were. He jogged to the archery arena and went to his locker to get his bow and arrows. His coach approached him as he started to set up.

            “Lower your arm a little, you want to support the bow and hold it up but not by straining your arms. Lower it just a fraction. Now keep your right hand steady. That’s it,” he applauded as Junhong made the adjustments. He aimed and pulled back the arrow, letting it fly. Once the arrow hit its mark his coach clapped him on the shoulder. “I think you’re ready for the championships.”

            “Put on your face mask. We won’t have this on the streets but you need training. Here, refill as fast as you can,” Yongguk ordered.

            Zelo’s fingers flew as he fumbled with the barrel of the gun and slid in new ammunition. “Very good. That only took you five seconds. Try to trim it to three. Now, stand with your legs a little further apart. You need to internalize this posture. In fights, it won’t be as easy. It won’t be this slow or methodical. You need to shield yourself and defend. Remember, the reason why we carry guns is to defend ourselves. Now aim for those bottles there. One after the other, go.”

            Zelo felt the momentum push him slightly backwards as he shot. The shattering of the glass grated in his ears but he did it and earned him a wide smile. “Good job, Zelo. But you need to still be careful when we go out.”

            Junhong got home and his mom welcomed him in. “The cook just finished dinner. Go take a shower and we’re going to eat. How much homework do you have?”

            “Not much. I finished most of it. Mom, I’m going out tonight. A bunch of us wanted to go watch a movie. Can I?”

            She chuckled. “Of course. Just make sure you bring your phone so we can call you.” He nodded and went upstairs.

            Dinner was his favorite. He had steak and fries and his favorite spinach casserole. He forked the food down and ate. Then, he changed out of his uniform into street clothes. He kissed his mom goodbye and nodded to his dad. “See you guys!”

            Zelo walked into their hideout and found his four other hyungs surrounding a piece of paper. Youngjae looked up and grinned. “Finally. You all set? Mastered the gun? We’re going to be meeting them here,” he pointed at an abandoned train station.

            “We’re going to give them the money but if anything funny goes on, we’re going to be prepared,” he stated grimly. “You ready for initiation?”

            Zelo nodded. “I guess so.”

            Junhong and his friends walked down to the train station.

            Zelo and his hyungs walked down to the train station. The people were already there. They got up and grinned. “Got the money?”

            Yongguk threw down the suitcase. “It’s all there. Get out and get the drugs out of our territory.”

            They grinned. “If ya say so.” They sent a henchman to pick up the suitcase. Zelo took a step back, watching them open the suitcase. They nodded satisfactorily. “Alright, peace.”

            Yongguk and his gang stood watching them when there was a sudden motion. One of them twirled around and fired. Yongguk felt the pain in his shoulder. Zelo pulled out his gun, mimicking his hyungs’ actions. His hands trembled but he fell into the stance Yongguk had taught him.

            He aimed and fired. The sound was even louder than it had been when he was shooting the glass bottles. Zelo watched as each of his hyungs went down one by one. There was a feeling of rage. He watched the blood pour out. His hands were shaking but he aimed again and again.

            There was a stab to his arm. He didn’t understand. He saw Yongguk down and charged forward. “Please, Hyung,” he begged. Zelo looked up and shot the enemy in the chest. He watched with grim satisfaction as blood spurted out.

            There was a flash and a rain of bullets came down on him. Zelo folded and fell backwards. The gun jerked in his hands twice and blood came out from his mouth. There was pain but only for a second.

            Junhong was declared a missing child.

            Zelo’s body was dragged off and thrown into a ditch. Yongguk’s body landing right on top of his.

 

requested by jjangqueen

It's a bit confusing but you guys can interpret it however you want. 

Welcome to Commander J's English class :P