B.A.P Special

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Yongguk found him curled on the steps, shivering and shaking. It was against the rules to bring anyone into their hideout but there was something vulnerable about the boy lying there. Yongguk leaned down and touched him. His skin was still slightly warm and he patted him awake.

            “Hey, kid, what are you doing here? Don’t you have ah ome to go back to?”

            The younger boy opened his eyes. “Er,” he let out a tiny groan and it was then that Yongguk could tell his arm was injured. Yongguk helped the boy to his feet and carried him in. The other group members were awake, and Himchan raised an eyebrow.

            “A stray?” he asked.

            “He’s half conscious and his arm looks like he’s been in a horrible fight. Daehyun, get our first aid kit.” The slight boy nodded and went to obey his hyung. Yongguk carefully placed the boy on the couch and knelt in front of him.

            Himchan brought over a plate of breakfast. “He looks dead on his feet.”

            He didn’t know what compelled him but Yongguk fed the boy slowly, treating him as his son, the way he treated the younger members. The boy gave a weak moan of thanks and ate the food gratefully.

            Daehyun came back with the kit and Yongguk personally applied the medicine and wrapped the boy’s arm in bandages. “What’s your name?”

            The four other boys crowded around as well, curious to meet the newcomer. “Youngjae,” he whispered.

            Yongguk’s heart softened. “Welcome to B.A.P, Youngjae.”

            For the next few weeks, Yongguk made sure to take good care of Youngjae. He sent Himchan and Daehyun out to run their errands and stayed home to train Youngjae. “We’re just five boys who have nowhere to go. We’re not exactly a gang, but we have certain skills and whenever anyone needs us, they’ll just contact us,” Yongguk explained.

            “Himchan is my lieutenant. He takes over when I am busy. Daehyun is our conman. He’s our best talker. Jongup is still learning and Zelo is a bit young but we’re training him. Once you get better, we can help you get on your feet as well.”

            Youngjae was thankful. One night during dinner, he looked around at the five of them. “Why do you guys trust me?”

            Himchan, the least trustful one, only shrugged. It was Daehyun who said, “Yongguk hyung can read people well. I trust whoever he trusts and he must because he brought you here. Besides, it’s nice to have someone my age. Tomorrow, we have a mission and you can come.”

            Youngjae smiled back. Daehyun’s enthusiasm was infectious. Yongguk leaned back and observed his makeshift family with satisfaction. He believed in trust and honesty and this was a good sign.

            The next day, Youngjae dressed with them. “I hope I don’t slow you guys down.”

            Daehyun shot him a grin as he pulled over a dark hoodie. “Nah, it’s easy. We just have to make sure we get the guy’s car keys. I’ll be the driver and when he gets out of the car, you can help distract him. Talk and think fast. Once I can successfully get the key and switch, we walk off towards the valet parking. You remember our route right? And I marked all the safety places for you too.”

            Youngjae nodded and the two set out. The mission was successful until the very end. Daehyun managed to fool the guy and Youngjae’s talking was fast. But at the last moment, when they were supposed to disappear from the parking lot, bodyguards came after them.

            “Go! I hope you memorized the map!” Daehyun shouted as he took off towards the northern intersection. He couldn’t look back to see whether Youngjae had successfully gotten away. When eh got back to the hideout, he gave Himchan the keys to manipulate but Yongguk looked worried.

            “Did Youngjae not come back with you?”

            The boys froze. Youngjae had the shorter route. He should have arrived before Daehyun. Yongguk and Jongup went outside to look when a car drove up to them and a heavyset man came up to them. He swung a bat and Jongup fell forward.

            “Hey!” Yongguk growled but the man tossed something at his feet before driving away again.     “Zelo! Help!” The two of them carried Jongup back in. Zelo picked up the tiny object and showed it to his hyung later after Jongup’s head had been bandaged.

            The five of them crowded around the laptop and a scratchy video came on. There was a shot of Youngjae, looking beaten up and bloody. Daehyun let out a groan. Yongguk’s heart clenched as on screen, he watched his new disciple being hit. There was a sign that they demanded $10 million US dollars.

            “Where are we going to find this money?” Himchan asked. Nobody once asked whether Youngjae was worth this. They had already included him in the family.

            Yongguk closed his eyes and thought. “Someone owes us a few favors. Himchan, we’re going to have to rob a bank. I’ll make sure I can get drivers who will look the other way. I’ll ask around to try to make a map. Our first step is to get the money. Daehyun, Jongup, take our reserve and go to you know who for the guns. We’re going to need backup. These guys are from the outskirts. They won’t play by our rules. In three days time, I’m going to have the entire map of the underground drawn out. Let’s go.”

            Himchan prepared the getaway truck and Daehyun and Jongup went to get the guns. The bank truck heist came off without a glitch. “Gather around. We’re going to meet them here,” Yongguk pointed at the place on the map. “We’re going to have to trust them to hand Youngjae over once they get the money. Tonight we’re going to count to make sure we have everything. Tomorrow, we go.”

            The five of them slept uneasily that night. Yongguk stayed up, staring at the cross he had around his neck. Although he had no choice but to work the underground, he had made a promise that he would only harm when he need to and to protect everyone as long as he could get his job done. He closed his eyes, uneasy about letting Zelo out on such a dangerous mission.

            There was a shuffle and Himchan placed his hand on his shoulder. “I believe in you,” he said simply and that reassurance was all Yongguk needed. He smiled at his best friend and finally closed his eyes. All would be better when Youngjae came back.

            Yongguk dreamt that they shot him. He dreamt that there was a fight. He could picture the blood squirt from Youngjae’s body as vividly as he could hear the gunshots. He saw Daehyun fall, Jongup collapse, Zelo’s scream of pain and felt a million shards rip through his own body. Himchan’s cry of anger and everything was dark and then there was only shallow breathing.

            Yongguk’s eyes flew open and Zelo stood over him. “Hyung, you were . Are you okay?”

            He grabbed his chest and didn’t feel blood and sighed. “Just a dream. Zelo, I don’t want you there today.”

            The youngest shook his hair out of his eyes. “I have to. Hyung, you always taught me that family was the most important. How can I give Youngjae hyung up?”

            Yongguk reached out for the boy he had watched grow up and held him close. “Stay behind me and if anything happens, run,” he murmured.

            The entire team was a bundle of nerves. They consulted the map one more time and descended the underground station. The other gang was there. “We’re here. Here’s the money.” Yongguk dropped the heavy suitcase onto the floor.

            The thugs examined it and then nodded. They pushed Youngjae forward. Yongguk’s heart hurt. The boy had scars all over his face and blood ran from his mouth. “You’re safe now,” Yongguk whispered as he held Youngjae to him. “You’re back to family.”

            “Put up your arms or else we shoot! Drop all your weapons! Drop them!” a voice came over the radio and Yongguk obeyed without thinking. He turned and saw an entire team of police rush down. There was chaos as the gang picked up their guns and laughed.

            Yongguk tried to move to the side but a voice stopped him. “Give it up, Yongguk. Your days in the underground are over.” He whipped his head to stare at Youngjae.

            There was a smirk on his face and Youngjae held out a shiny badge. “Private Investigator, head of the security department, Yoo Youngjae, at your service. Don’t think about picking up your gun. You’re surrounded completely. If you give in quietly, nobody gets hurt.”

            Blood roared in Yongguk’s ears. He heard scruffling as the others tried to get away from the policemen’s grasps. Himchan let out an angry scream. “You traitor!”

            Youngjae smirked again and raised his right hand in salute. “I guess when they say there is an honor code in the mob, there must have been some truth. Otherwise how else could I have known you were going to come?” Then he turned to Yongguk. “Every plan you have made for the past month has been recorded.” He stepped up to him and plucked a microscopic recorder off of Yongguk’s shirt collar.

            “Sorry, hyung. Family means everything but not when it comes to keeping our nation safe. I appreciate your care. If you weren’t my mission, I may even be sorry to watch you go.” He gave another salute and walked away. Yongguk watched him go, never to see him turn back again.

 

This is entirely based off the music video.

I just tried to add more emotion? I hope you guys like it! 

AP Calc tomorrow omg