Zelo 12

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, baby Zelo, happy birthday to you!” you sang into the phone.

            On the other line, the younger boy groaned. “It’s six in the morning, Noona.”

            You snorted. “And you don’t normally get up earlier for schedules? I’m sorry.”

            “Yeah, but I need sleep. We have a meet later and the fans would be throwing me a birthday party. It’s a long day ahead. You’ll be there right?”

            “Actually. About that. I called to tell you I can’t make it to your birthday party. I have work.

            “What? But that’s not fair. I already told you this so many times in advance. You told me you cleared your schedule just for me.” You could hear the beginnings of a pout. “I’m your only brother.”

            “I know, dear. But you have your other members to help you celebrate. You’ll be fine! Besides you’ll be holding the fan meet. The fans will definitely cheer you on. I’ll swing by tomorrow okay?”

            “I’m going to tell Daehyun to break up with you,” he threatened.

            You laughed at his childishness. “I don’t believe you’re turning sixteen, Junhong. Happy birthday okay? And I’ll talk to you later.” You hung up and giggled to yourself.

            As if you were going to miss your little brother’s birthday. It was his first birthday after debut and you knew that the fans were already pouring in love. In fact, you had helped to organize an event on Facebook called “Zelo’s Super Sixteen.” To your delight, fans from all over the globe poured in their efforts.

            Zelo had asked you months in advance. You already had a plan but agreed to be there because you knew he would never leave you alone. Even though he wouldn’t say it outright, you knew your little brother really cared if you were there. You didn’t mean to torture him, per se, but you also had to plan the after party.

            The fan meet was held at a nearby college and the party was to be held at the company. You waited in your car until you saw B.A.P.’s van drive away. Perfect. Secret came out to help you unpack. You bustled around; making sure that the food was all in order. You had stayed up most of the night making all of Zelo’s favorite food.

            The steak was tightly wrapped in aluminum and Tupperware. You had marinated it with his favorite sauce and added eggs on the side. He was a growing boy and needed to eat rice. So you made his favorite sushi sticky rice. Lots of it, enough for the six boys to eat to their hearts’ content. You also had a beautifully stacked plate of cherry tomatoes for him.

            The fans had sent in self made videos, beautiful things that took your breath away. Graphic talents, posters and also banners were sent through the mail. You teared slightly when you realized that this was your brother’s dream. It had always been his dream to be a known artist, and now here he was. With his talent, it was no surprise Zelo was one of the youngest idols in the industry.

            The Secret members helped to put up balloons and banners. Green and blue was strewn everywhere. Your phone beeped with a text. It was from Zelo.

            He had included a picture of himself. He was wearing glasses and had his hand on his chin. Noona~ The fans was so nice to me! It’s a great celebration, but wish you were here >< But I’m still happy!

            You smiled. Only Zelo. He would pretend like he wasn’t affected. You set out the cake you made for him. It was of Totomato. You had taken baking classes months before just to ensure that you could make something of this caliber. You took out icing and added his name on it, proud of your finishing touch.

            Hey babe. The fan meet is over. We’ll be driving back to the company soon. Our baby maknae’s upset. He’s been crying for his Noona ever since the fans left ^^ You’re cruel. – kisses Daehyunnie

            Your heart constricted. Zelo crying always made you hurt. But you were determined that your surprise was not ruined. Your little brother liked to think he was tough, but inside he was soft and super sensitive.

            You bounced on your feet, eager for him to get back. The rest of TS Entertainment gathered and you turned off the lights. Hyosung was peering outside the window.

            “I see the van!”

            You waited. Footsteps came closer and you could still hear sniffling.

            “Don’t cry, Junhong, it’s your birthday. You’re one step closer to being a man.” Himchan was comforting his youngest. You blinked back tears. A man. He was still a little boy in your eyes.

            The members, in on the surprise, opened the door slowly, giving you all time to prepare. Sunhwa snapped on the lights and you ran into Zelo’s arms. His tears were stopped by his shock. “N-noona?”

            You kissed his cheek and popped a cherry tomato in his mouth. “Happy birthday, baby brother.” 

 

Quick random drabble for my baby brother

HUUUUU

I forgot to update this OTL