Jongup 12

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Hey, be my girlfriend?” The boy in front of you rubbed his nape bashfully. His had soft puppy eyes and his lips were pressed together. Almost as if hammering in the final nail of the coffin, he smiled. His smile was endearing and shy at the same time. You melted.

            You thought back to what had occurred over the past three months to bring you to this point. You had started out being neighbors with Jongup. For years he had lived next door and you never really took notice of him. You went to the same school but he never stood out.

            He probably worked with you as your chemistry lab partner one term and you remembered him sitting in your classes. But for the most part, he was a blur and you didn’t pay him much thought. It was a huge announcement to your school when the principal came on the loudspeakers on day.

            “Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to come to you today and say that one of our students has been recognized for his talents. Moon Jongup has been training with TS Entertainment for the past two years. Just yesterday, he was informed that he would be having his debut within the next week. We are all very proud of him. He will continue his studies here so if you see Mr. Moon, wish him the best of luck!”

            Everyone turned to stare at Jongup. He sheepishly pulled up his hood and waved meekly. You shrugged. Good for him. Immediately, girls started running over to him. “You’re so talented. I knew you were going to do well.”

            You gave them looks of disgust. Jongup looked up then and almost in a split second of camaraderie, gave you a ‘help me’ look. But the moment was ruined as more classmates swarmed to congratulate him.

            When his group finally had their debut, you were curious. You downloaded the album when it was first released and was surprised to hear that they had amazing vocals and a great rapping team. When the music video came out a few hours later, you were impressed.

            The band was fierce. They were different from other boy groups and had a music style that suited your taste. You watched mainly for Jongup. The entire group was blonde. That aspect in itself made you want to laugh. It was really difficult to tell a lot of them apart. But Jongup’s dancing was good. You nodded to yourself. Years of b-boying with the other guys really paid off.

            Then another member caught you eye. He was one of the singers. He had an interesting haircut and when he sang, he oozed an impossible charisma. You liked his hair and you definitely liked his face. You giggled to yourself and went to search up B.A.P.

            The fierce rapper was Bang Yongguk. The curly haired kid was actually younger than you thought he was. The other two you could not tell apart. You skipped past Jongup’s profile. Yoo Youngjae. So that was who he was. He had a bit of baby fat on his cheeks and you read his profile, eager to absorb more about him. He was type AB blood, just like you and you laughed. He was the smart one, and you were considered smart. This was perfect.

            You put Warrior on replay the entire night and shivered whenever his voice came on. This was true bias material. You hugged yourself. Your neighbor really was lucky to be able to work with such a great person.

            The next morning you woke up and heard a knock on your door. Your mom opened it and you heard her exclaim, “Jongup!” You sat up, confused. Jongup? What was he doing here?

            Muffled voices and you padded out the door to eavesdrop. “Why don’t you stay for breakfast?” your mother asked.

            You heard him politely decline. “Thank you, ahjumma, but no. I have to go to practice.”

            “I knew you since you were little. Good luck and make sure you take rests and eat okay? I’ll be sure to tell her. She’ll be thrilled, I’m sure. I heard your album floating in a loop all last night.” You blushed. She was embarrassing.

            He chuckled. “Really? I’m glad I can give her these then. Have a good day!”

            You made sure to wait until the door was firmly shut and your mother had gone back to the kitchen to come out of your room. You pretended everything was fine.

            “Oh! Sweetie, Jongup left tickets for you on the counter.”

            “T-tickets? For what?”

            “Their debut stage! It’s tomorrow and he knew that attendance would be hard. So he was kind enough to bring over two tickets. You can bring a friend!”

            “He did that?”

            Your mom cast you a knowing glance. “The poor dear’s been over so many times, asking if you were home and you never were. Personally, I think he comes over purposely when he knows you’re unavailable because he’s too shy to see you.”

            “Many times? What?” The tickets were out of your mind by then.

            Your mom chuckled. “Of course! I think he’s always been a bit soft for you. But don’t listen to an old lady’s ramblings. Take the tickets. Oh! He also gave you a pass for the backstage.”

            You looked at Jongup, who was still waiting patiently for an answer. He still had the tentative smile on his face. The same smile he had when you first met him backstage during his debut.

            The stage had been amazing. The dancing was fierce and you loved every minute of it. You were also excited to go backstage to meet your bias. The boys of B.A.P. greeted you graciously and only Jongup lingered. Up close, Youngjae was even better looking. But when another girl walked in and he kissed her, you knew he was off limits, reserved purely as bias.

            Jongup had been shy and had given you the same look when you thanked him. Afterwards, he offered to take you home. You found that he was great to talk to. You oozed enthusiasm and praise and he was extremely humble about it. As you neared home, he stopped you.

            “Er, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out one day after school?” You had agreed. And that was all you’ve done. For three months, you watched him train, seen him stay up late to prepare for his new album and supported him. Even though he treated you purely as a friend, you could feel yourself falling for him.

            So when he asks you this question, you knew your answer. You grin and at him and nod. “Yes, Jongup. I’d be honored to.” 

 

plot requested by beingalazyass