Yongguk 16

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You stared at yourself in the mirror, looking for wrinkles, signs that you were getting older. Nope, none. You stretched your forehead, looking for creases. You sighed. Aging was never a good thing. You reached for the bottle of concealer when your boyfriend walked into the room.

            “What are you up to?” He asked, clearly still sleepy.

            “Oh, I didn’t realize you were up. Do you still see the wrinkles here? I think I saw some when I woke up in the morning.”

            He tossed you a disinterested glance. “They’re crease marks from your pillow, silly.”

            “Ya, Bang Yongguk! That was mean!”

            He chuckled and kissed your temple. “Hush. You look fine. I need to go get ready. The boys are probably all at practice now. I’ll see you tonight okay?”

            He walked to the door and when he turned around, you waited. Your heart soared and you felt hope. Maybe he did remember. But then he just said, “Do you have any letters you want me to drop off while I’m walking there?”

            Your face fell. Of course he didn’t. “No, I’ll be fine. I’m meeting the girls later anyway.”

            He waved shortly. “Have fun!” he called before sauntering down the stairs.

            You picked up the concealer and stared at your eye circles in the mirror.  When you were in high school, they were considered attractive because they welled up against your eyes when you smiled. But now, they were just there. Baggy and falling. Dark and calling attention to your face.

            Life was hard now that you were officially twenty-two. You hated to be vain but when your boyfriend looked as good as he did, it was a miracle your self-esteem hadn’t been shot to death since day one. You sighed and stood up. At least your best friends’ haven’t forgotten your birthday.

            “What? No! He must be waiting or something.”

            “Yeah, there’s no way he would forget.”

            “He’s never forgotten before, right?”

            You were bombarded by their squeals of disbelief. “We’ve been together five years already. He’s never forgotten once. Just a few months ago, he was saying how pretty soon I would be an actual adult.”

            Your best friend shivered. “Oh. That sounds bad. I don’t think he’s the type to though. Yongguk has always been pretty sweet. Maybe he’s too preoccupied with his comeback?”

            “To forget his girlfriend’s birthday? Never!” Your cousin patted your arm. “Give him until tonight. If he still doesn’t remember, call unni and I will do something about it.”

            You shrugged. “I mean, it’s not that big a deal is it? At least I still have you guys.”

            But the truth was, it was a big deal. You’ve always been a little kid. You loved birthdays as much as you loved Christmas and to you, birthdays were more important than anniversaries. Anniversaries were created, but birthdays were set in stone. Every year, you planned Yongguk’s birthday well in advance. His presents were ready several months before his birthday and the parties were coordinated with almost half a year to spare.

            As a guy, you didn’t expect him to do too much. He didn’t throw large bashes but it didn’t matter. All he had to do was remember. Years past, he would wake up in the morning, kiss you and wish you a happy birthday. The situation would vary but he almost always made sure to let you know he remembered. This year, he hadn’t even mentioned it once.

            It was dumb to be so depressed but you felt a bit lost. Was this how marriages went? In the beginning, it was all romance and roses and everything was perfect. But as the years wore on, they started taking one another for granted and no effort was put in? You tried to stop thinking about it. It was painful to think of the two of you ever separating.

            You waited for a text, a phone call, anything but he was silent. You sighed. Whatever. There was no use wallowing in self-pity. It was time you had a look at the manuscripts your editor had sent you anyway. The story was about a woman whose husband had prepared her a final party before she died. You were in tears by the end of chapter four.

            The doorbell rang and you wiped the tears away. Your friends stood on the porch. “Yongguk’s not back?”

            You shook your head and they squeezed themselves in. “Alright, guess we’ll have to keep you company.” They brought over a movie and you found yourself laughing at their comments.

            Suddenly the lights went off and you yelped. “What happened?”

            There were suddenly party sounds and someone started blasting music. You glanced around and slowly the lights came back on. Your friends were throwing glitter around you saw Yongguk standing in the doorway. s were behind him, the source of the noise.

            He held out a cake and smiled, almost triumphantly. “Hey, baby, happy birthday.” You stood, speechless and he held out the cake.

            “If you don’t want it, I’ll take it,” Daehyun warned. Your cousin took the cake from him and you stared at Yongguk.

            “I didn’t realize you-”

            “Remembered?” he finished for you. “There was no way I would ever forget my jagi’s birthday. You just get more beautiful with age, darling.”

            Amidst the hoots and the hollers, Yongguk leaned down to kiss you. “We’ll wait until they leave for me to give you my present.”

 

plot requested 

ohmygosh

what is this. Tumblr's down... XD But I liked writing this. YONGGUK SO CUTE.