Jongup 9

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            There was a ripping cry throughout the house and you shot out of bed. The baby. You groaned; this was the fifth time all night you’ve been woken up by his screams. You shuffled out of bed when you realized that the crying had stopped. Did he choke? The door to your room opened slowly and Jongup peered in.

            “I got it, babe. Go back to sleep.” You smiled to yourself and hugged the blanket to you, thanking your husband.

When you woke up to check on them, you saw that Jongup had fallen asleep with the baby in his arms. You decided to leave him alone and took the baby away from him, loving the relaxing feeling of being given the luxury to sleep in. This was certainly not the case a few months ago.

            A few months ago, Jongup was a lost puppy, drowning in the responsibilities of fatherhood. In stark contrast with gender roles, you had found him sometimes crying out of frustration. But he asked for advice from his friends and slowly began to make strides in becoming the perfect daddy to Jonghae.

            As you took the baby away, Jongup’s eyes opened and he stretched, rubbing his cramped biceps. When he saw you standing before him, he stood up. “Let me take the baby. It’s okay.” You shook your head.

            “Thanks for letting me sleep in. Just super tired and you made me feel so much better. That’s all I need. You, can go and take care of yourself. Go sleep on the bed. You’ve been cramped here all night. I can do it but you’re much taller than me, yeobo.”

            Jongup shook his head. “Go back to bed and leave Jonghae to me. I’ll be alright.” He placed the baby in his crib and pushed you back towards your shared room. He tucked you into bed, blankets and all, before shuffling to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Months of minimal sleep took its toll and you fell asleep.

            Jongup tiptoed out of the room and went downstairs, swinging by the nursery to pick Jonghae. “Come on, let’s surprise mommy with breakfast.” Years of living in the dorms had taught him some cooking skills.

            He swung his babbling son onto his high chair and strapped him in. Jongup sat in front of him with a bowl of applesauce and started to feed the child, letting him digest and gum his way through the mush. Since Jonghae was teething, after he was done eating, Jongup gave him a pretzel-shaped teething ring to gnaw on. With the baby full and content, the dad turned his attention to brunch for his wife.

            He knew you liked to have a small sandwich and it’s been a while since you sat down to properly make one. Jongup got out the ingredients and spread it on the counter. Jonghae started to coo and dropped his teething ring on the floor.

            Jongup bent to pick it up only to have the baby throw down his rattle as well. “Shh,” his father warned. “If umma wakes up, the surprise is ruined.” He went to the sink to wash the ring and used a clip and string to make sure it was attached to the bib, preventing any more accidents.

            Jongup sliced the bread and toasted it carefully, not letting it burn. He melted a layer of cheese on top and deftly sliced tomatoes. Jonghae clapped his hands when he saw the cheese and Jongup shredded some and fed it to him. He watched his son mash the food in his mouth for a few minutes, smiling and drooling all over his chin. Jongup dabbed the saliva away and went back to making thin slices of meat. He added some smoked salmon, knowing you especially liked it.

            The sandwich done, Jongup went to make a steaming cup of tea. While the water was boiling, Jongup pretended to play Chopsticks with his son, only to have the infant grab his fingers and shake them, giggling with enthusiasm. Jonghae was a happy child. The kettle whistled and he went to make the tea.

            Jongup sliced a kiwi and decided to take a half for himself. Jonghae watched his daddy eat and Jongup placed a spoonful of the green fruit in his mouth. The baby shrieked, unused to the slightly sour taste and Jongup shushed him.

            “Mommy’s still sleeping. How about we have a banana?” Jonghae loved bananas and started babbling when he saw the yellow peel coming his way.

            “Om appgoo no,” he was mumbling away, clearly excited.

            Jongup ripped away the peel and used a spoon to cut away a small part of the banana and mushed it with his fingers to allow the baby to eat it easier. Jonghae leaned forward eagerly and soon finished half of the banana before shaking his head no.

            His father stood up and finished slicing grapefruit and oranges. When the food was done, Jongup placed the tea into a thermos and placed all the food into a basket. “Normally, daddy would use a tray, but because he has to hold you too, he has to bring a picnic basket,” he explained to Jonghae who was watching.

            Jongup released his son and scooped him up with his left arm before picking up the basket and walking upstairs. You were still sleeping softly so Jongup set the basket down on the dresser and unleashed Jonghae.

            Your baby patted your face until you woke up and you smiled up at the two of them. Jongup lifted you bridal style into the bathroom. “Sleeping beauty needs to brush her teeth now. I spent a lot of time making that breakfast. You’re going to have to eat well!”

            You didn’t register his words and brushed your teeth, walking back out to see that an entire meal was set before you. Jongup sat on the bed, cross-legged, holding Jonghae to him and beamed at you.

            “Look, Hae, umma’s here! Let’s watch her eat the food we prepared for her okay?”

            Tears smarted in your eyes. “Jongie, why are you so perfect?” you sniffled. You leaned down to kiss your son on the cheek and your husband on the lips. You crawled in next to them and picked up the sandwich, smiling. “I have the best family ever.” 

 

Daddy Jongup for 4evaSONELF1509

I hope to hear from you baby ^^ I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THIS.