Himchan 6

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You were rushing to get to work. This day just wasn’t working out for you. First, you had forgotten to reset your alarm so it woke you at three a.m. rather than the regular, more appropriate hour of six. You had woken up, grumpy as anything and groggily set the alarm, all the while cursing the lost minutes of sleep. When you have reset the alarm, you slept right through it. You woke up at seven and were disoriented for a moment, thinking you still had two hours to get to work. That was, of course, until you looked at the clock and realized that the meeting started at eight and you only had less than an hour.

            Your heels had miraculously gone missing sometime in the night, and you could only pray your German shepherd hadn’t gotten to it. You brushed your teeth in a hurried manner and had no time to pull your hair back. Whatever, a few quick tugs with your fingers should be good enough.

            You slipped on a suit jacket and struggled to pull it over your bracelet but a thread caught onto the metal and came unraveled. You let out a stream of curses and closed your eyes. “Three, two, one,” you counted aloud and finally calmed down significantly enough to find another suit jacket. You glanced at the clock and all panic came back again. You now officially had twenty-three minutes.

            A quick glance into the mirror told you that the dark circles under your eyes needed to be fixed. You held your breath as you rapidly applied concealer, patting it down to mix with your skin tone. You stabbed yourself in the eye a couple of times applying eye liner and nearly cried when you made a stray mark. You dabbed at the offending line with makeup remover and quickly swiped lip balm. 

            As you race down the stairs barefoot, you find your heels by the front door. You must have been trying to be responsible and had prepared extra early. You slipped them on, and tottered out the door, only sparing seconds to lock it. Luckily for you, the office building wasn’t too far away or else you would be screwed.

            You held tightly onto your briefcase and ran. For the two months you have been working at the office, you never once met the boss. It was slightly nerve-wrecking, considering how he was going to sit in on your presentation of your latest sales. You mentally checked to see if you had placed all your files in your briefcase when you remembered your USB drive.

            There was a moment of acute panic as you contemplated running back home but time was ticking. You power walked down the streets and out of the housing area, onto the big boulevard, thinking. It was lucky you had thought to e-mail the information to you. Maybe you can scroll through your phone as you present.

            That problem solved, you had to focus on getting there in one piece. It was crowded. Naturally, it was rush hour and everyone else was trying to get to work, but you were really trying to get to work. You had to be there. You saw a gap between the mass of people and ran for it.

            There was tremendous pushing and shoving as people tried to get on the bus or walk past the other, each having a different destination in mind. You checked your watch. Eleven minutes. You had made good time getting out of the house. The building was three blocks away.

            The heels hurt but you couldn’t risk bending over to take it off and getting trampled by the crowd. Finally the traffic light gods helped you. The sign changed to go and you ran for it. You raced between the people and held your briefcase to your chest, totally conscious that you were about to fall right out of your tank top. When you got to the other side, you slowed to a brisk walk, smoothing back your hair and adjusting your appearance. One block down. Two more to go.

            Your eyes were not focused as you walked and you bumped into someone, nearly sending the latter sprawling. You shot a quick, “sorry,” over your shoulder and proceeded to keep walking. You had nine minutes.

            Himchan was walking on the streets and from afar, he saw a girl pummeling towards him. She was running across the street, with a look of determination and he saw a flash of her heels. His amusement turned to admiration. He had never seen a female run so effectively with those deathtraps on.

            She slowed to a power walk as she neared him but he could tell she wasn’t paying attention. Himchan looked her over and nodded appreciatively. His eyes travelled down her figure and soon his admiration was for more than her skills and her obvious determination. She had some nice assets too.

            In his state of admiring her, she bumped right into him and nearly knocked him over. She didn’t look back, only shouting an apology. Her voice was hot, was his first thought. Himchan picked himself up and made up his mind. She was running to make the light. He ran after her.

            To outsiders who had no idea what was going on, they assumed it was some sort of an assault race. Some muttered to themselves as they watched the handsome man run after the pretty girl. “What is going on? Isn’t it too early in the morning for a couple to be fighting?”

            “Wait!” Himchan was calling but the noise of the morning traffic drowned him out.

            She got to the other side and he was stuck with the red light. Himchan bounced up and down, anxiously watching where she had gone. When the light turned to go, he sprinted after her. She was walking so it was easy to catch up. That was, until she reached the next light and nearly got hit by an oncoming car. Once more, they were separated by a block.

            He watched her slow down and smooth her hair and knew that her destination must be close. He took the opportunity to use the muscles earned from swimming and powered after her. Before she could walk into a building, he ran to block the doorway. Himchan doubled over, trying to catch his breath.

            You were about to enter the building with five minutes left when suddenly a figure zoomed in front of you. He doubled over and you looked at him, anxiously. “Do you want me to call an ambulance?” you asked.

            He waved his hand no and looked up. He was very good looking, obviously your age but dressed like a student. He had a varsity sports jacket on and tousled hair. Obviously having regained his composure, he spoke. “Hey, lady. I noticed you from down those streets. Here’s my number, I’d like to talk to you sometime.”

            You gave him a weird look. “Look, I have a meeting to go to. It’s right upstairs and I have,” you checked your watch. “Three minutes. I need to go.”

            He glanced at the building. “You work for BAPMusic don’t you?”

            You nodded. “Yes and I have a meeting with the boss. Bye.”          

            You tried to sidestep him but he blocked your way. “Give me a name at least! And take my number!” He waved the paper in front of you insistently.

            In the interest of time, you grabbed the paper and told him your name before running into the building. As you ascended up the stairs, you thought about him and shook your head. “What a weirdo.”

            Due to magnificent timing, you slid into your seat and was just setting up the laptop when your boss came in. He was on his phone.

            “Late? I don’t see anyone late. She’s here already. What? Kim Himchan, I’m not giving you my employee’s number!” he snapped into the phone and ended the call, looking up sheepishly at you.

            “Sorry, my son was under the impression that I was a matchmaker.” 

 

plot requested by waffyeols 

I love this girl and her ideas. Really.

AND for MusicChibi, I added a sprinkle of GreasyChan ^^