Yongguk 10

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            He was there again. You smiled to yourself and pushed open the door, letting the warm coffee smell embrace you. You ordered your usual hot chocolate and took it to your regular seat by the window. Against the beige walls, you saw another regular, absorbed in thought.

            The person was sitting on the floor, with what looked like a music score notebook in his hand. He had on headphones and occasionally nodded his head to the inaudible beat. His full lips moved every once in a while and you watched him, utterly absorbed, totally fascinated.

            For months, you’ve been watching him quietly and noticing that he always seemed to be there before you were and left long after your allotted time was up. He was beautiful from what you could see of him. He had a look of concentration on his face and he scribbled furiously with his pencil. His fingers were long and slim and when he touched his headphones, you saw just how slender they were. You watched his tongue slip out as he furrowed his brows and erased at the paper, delicately blowing the eraser shavings off.

            You looked down at the hot chocolate on your table and decided to order another one. When you did, you looked at him again. He had closed his eyes and was swaying slowly to a beat. Your heart thudded. There was an undeniable attraction to him. You knew it must be stalkerish of you to observe him from afar for so long. It was time to work up the courage. You walked over to him and shakingly, spoke, “Hey.” It took you several times until he looked up and he was startled, pleasantly so, to see you standing before him.

            “I just wanted to give you this,” you held out the steaming cup of hot chocolate and nearly dropped it as his fingers brushed against yours as he accepted the gift, giving you an alarmingly cute gummy smile. He was flawless. You admired his outfit, liking the all black ensemble. He had on jeans and a black t-shirt along with a black beanie. He looked a lot like a romantic artist.

            He patted the floor next to him, inviting you to invade his space. You sat down a bit awkwardly and he took off the headphones. “Thank you.” His voice was deep and a bit soft. You glanced at his notebook before looking away, a bit embarrassed and he chuckled.

            “You can look. It’s not a big secret. I’m a musician. I mainly rap but I also like composing. Would you like to take a look?”

            You blushed. “I’m illiterate when it comes to anything musical. My teacher once accused me of being tone deaf. I don’t think I would be able to properly appreciate anyway.”

            He moved closer next to you and you could feel his body heat next to yours. He smelled nice. His aftershave wasn’t super strong and he smelled a lot like a minty mix of lotion and baby powder. “You smell good,” you blurted out and covered your mouth. Why didn’t you think before you spoke?

            He glanced at you and once more his gums poked out as he tried to hide a smile this time. “Do I really? Thank you.” There was a twinkle in his eye as he showed you his notebook.

            “Better yet, would you like to listen to what I composed? I have a bit of it recorded and I’ve been playing it on my iPod for a while. It’s purely instrumental. The lyrics are here if you want to follow.”

            Gently, he swept back your hair and placed the large white headphones over your ears. They were too big and he adjusted them with patience. You cracked a bashful grin as he clicked play. A sad melody played and you found your heart breaking. The music was hauntingly beautiful and he was watching you intently, waiting for a reaction.

            You read over the lyrics, trying to see how they would fit and when the song was over, you handed the notebook back to him. You asked him shyly, “Is it possible for you to perform it for me?”

            The other customers were leaving. It was almost night. You had to go home or else your roommate would probably freak, but it didn’t matter. The person next to you nodded. “Yes. Can I have the headphones back? I need the rhythm in my ear.”

            You watched, entranced, as he tilted his head back and started rapping. His voice was soft and the words, the lyrics and the message, got across clearly. His hands came up to make motions as he lost himself in the song. When he stopped, he took off the headphones and looked at you. “What do you think?”

            You had tears in your eyes and reached up to wipe them away. “That was beautiful. The way you described the scene in the coffee shop and the mysterious girl by the window is just so heart breaking. Why wouldn’t he just work up the courage to talk to her?” You paused and your brain finally processed what you were saying.

            He was blushing now, and tapped gently against the paper, trying to not look at you. You stared at him until he looked up. “My name is Bang Yongguk. I think it’s about time I work up the courage to talk to you.” Your heart exploded into flutters as you realized that he was talking about you.

            Yongguk stood up and held out a hand for you to take. “It’s getting late. How about we talk more as I walk you home?” 

 

plot and picture requested

@__@ that picture of Gukkie

so pretty his fingers

omg his fingers