Yongguk 9 Part 1

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “What’s your B? I will confront and fight for the souls in this street. What’s you’re a? The starting point of a new revolution, stop me if you can. What’s your P? An evil DNA, virus, infected all our warriors. Once again, what’s the name of the game? B.A.P. Everyone stand up.”

            The entire club exploded into cheers. You made your way to the front and your friend tugged on your arm. “That guy is Bang Yongguk. He’s an underground artist and super good at rapping. That segment we just heard? All him.”

            You looked at the guy in the dark hoodie and nodded in appreciation. His face was turned but his voice was deep and held emotion. You liked the slightly raspy undertones when he rapped and his speed and precision was incredible.

            “Who’s next? Who else wants to go against Yongguk?” the DJ asked, trying to rile up the crowd.

            It was only now that he finally turned and you saw his face. He looked nothing like what you expected. Rather than having a hard and angry face, he had oversized glasses that made you wonder if they were prescribed or just for sure and a very attractive face. He had full lips and his hair was dyed blonde.

            A tall, young boy walked to the center and lifted his arms in the air, pumping for encouragement. “Yo, this is Zelo in the house.” The music turned up and he grabbed a microphone before starting to spew out, “I throw a punch for you, those who are thirsty for a long fight, everyone’s different, everyone takes sides, and those words are just words of ignorant people. Since the words that echo in my heart are different from yours, I’m ignoring your words, your senseless language nobody gets. Rest in peace, this prayer’s for the warriors.”

            His young body was shaking and his head was twisting side to side as he gasped for breath. He rapped at an inhuman speed and you watched as Yongguk raised his microphone to respond. His response was at a slower pace but the words were even more forceful and it was clear who won. Zelo bowed to his hyung and everyone clapped.         

            “We have time for one more round, come on!”

            Yongguk clapped to the beat and looked around, waiting for someone to come up and challenge him. Your friend nudged you. “You should do it. You’re pretty good at rapping.”

            You looked at him and waited. Nobody, it seems, wanted to challenge him. So you stepped up, happy to volunteer. The crowd clapped, eager to see a female go against him. Murmurs of admiration sounded and you took the microphone.

            Yongguk bowed to you and you nodded, acknowledging him. “Let’s go for a more romantic feel shall we?” The music came on slower and Yongguk started to smile. He had a nice smile. It was a shy smile and you could see his gums.

            “In case anyone recognizes us, we can’t walk comfortably in the streets of Gangnam. Only the neon signs and streetlights in the dark night are blessing our relationship, making my heart ache. In front of many people, I can’t express my greetings or a single word to you, making me anxious. We are trapped in a box called reason, rather than a box called emotion.”

            You knew the song and smiled, happy that you could respond. “It’s hard to talk on the phone with you every day. We secretly talk through texting as I cautiously look around me. Instead of saying I love you, saying I miss you is more often in our conversation so my heart hurts.”

            The club seemed to fade away and it was just you and Yongguk rapping to one another. His energy was focused and his gaze was trained on you. Your body was tingling as you responded, trying to remain concentrated but he was just too distracting. You kept your ground as he switched tempo.

            “You want to be your own character in a sad melodrama. But no matter how much you try, we can’t be. You’re so fake it’s so obvious. When I imagine other guys comforting you and hugging you, it disgusts me. Laughter just escapes and everyday I’m in an argument that leaves me breathless. You’re just so very selfish and I’m all good without you girl. Thanks to you, the memories that turned dirty are erased in tattoo.”

            You took a deep breath and decided to be different. You continued singing instead. Your voice belted out the chorus and hit all the high notes that left the entire audience dumbstruck. Yongguk lowered his microphone and clapped. The entire club exploded into applause and you bowed, shyly tucking your hair behind your ear.

            Yongguk walked up to you and handed you his mic, a sign of surrender and he gently picked your arm up. “This lady has rendered me completely helpless. I bow to your talent.”

            You laughed and shook your head. “It’s really nothing. Your rapping is amazing.” The two of you bowed to one another and you started to leave and melt back into the crowd. By now everyone was starting to dance, with the excitement over and he grabbed your arm.

            “I’d be honored if you give me this one dance. Blow me away with your dance skills as well?”

            You smiled demurely. “I can’t dance.”

            He grinned. “Then I guess you can keep me company and I can try to convince you to go on a date with me.” He winked.

 

plot requested 

all translations are from various websites