Jongup 7

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You looked out the window nervously and fixed your skirt. You pulled it down before pulling it back up a little more. You weren’t sure what style Jongup would like. It was your first date and you didn’t want to leave a bad impression. You actually wanted to keep your first boyfriend.

            You saw his car pull up and your mother walked in. “Make sure he drives safely and come back home at a decent hour,” she warned. You nodded and waved goodbye, already opening the front door.

            He was there. He wore a fitted leather jacket and held out two bouquets of flowers. You looked at them with surprise and he smiled. “Hello,” he bowed to your mother and held out the larger of the two. “I knew such a pretty girl would have a gorgeous mother.” Your mom blushed and waved his words away.

            “Stop it. There is a rule against flattering aging mothers.”

            He beamed at her and gave you the remaining set of flowers. “Put this in and I’ll take you out.” You left the flowers with your mom and the two of you waved to her as you got into his car.

            “I really hope you don’t mind the stereotypical dinner date. When I asked you out, my only goal was to get you to say yes. I honestly had no idea where we would g.” He smiled bashfully and tapped the steering wheel.

            You giggled. He was as insecure as you were. “It’s fine, don’t stress yourself out. I’m not picky.”

            He brightened. “Okay. You look nice,” he casually commented as he started up the car. You looked down at your lap. “The skirt really suits you. It’s the perfect length and I like the blue stripes.”

            You looked at his profile and saw that every few minutes, his eyes would flicker to you and he would grin. The two of you pulled up at a small diner and you walked in, glad that he hadn’t thought to take you to someplace fancy.

            “I’m sorry this probably isn’t like a grand restaurant, but I know the lady who works here and I figured you would like the more home-made style of food.”

            He gripped your hand as you walked in and the soft orange lights made you feel completely comfortable. A very attractive middle-aged woman stood behind the counter and she lit up when Jongup walked in.

            “Jongie! Let your aunty hug you!” she skidded towards you but stopped when she saw his hands entwined with yours and raised a mischievous eyebrow. “Better not make the girlfriend jealous, never mind. I’ll hug you instead.” She turned towards you and hugged you. “You’re very lucky to have Jongup,” she whispered in your ear.

            Straightening, she boomed out loud, “Jongup, you take care of this lady very well, you hear?” He promised and she sat you in a booth overlooking the outside. The building was slightly elevated so you could see the people below walking home after a day out and the heaters were on, enveloping you in a warm air.

            “I like to get her burgers and chocolate cake. What do you want?”
            You flipped through the menu. “Can I have just the fish sticks?”

            His nose wrinkled. “Don’t tell me you’re one of those girls who eat very little when they’re out on a date. I hate those types.”

            You shook your head. “Oh no. My mom made me eat something before we left.”

            And so he ordered and as you were waiting for the food, he pelted you with questions about your personal life.

            You laughed after he had asked when you had your first kiss. “Is this some version of the Spanish Inquisition?”

            Jongup looked offended. “I just wanted to have a feel of your background. Besides, the Spanish Inquisition was a mean bunch of people torturing their victims. Do you feel tortured?” He looked up at you with puppy eyes.

            The lady set the food between you, breaking the moment and Jongup immediately reached for a fish stick. He cut it in half and blew on it to let it cool before dumping it in tartar sauce. “Say ah,” he commanded and placed the delicious morsel in your mouth.

            He watched. “Is it good?” You nodded. Honestly, you had thought your mother made the best fish sticks until you had this. He grinned and proceeded to feed you more.

            “What about your food?” you protested.

            He gave a jerk of his head. “Not a big deal. I’m a fast eater.” And it was true. When you were done, he grabbed the burger and wolfed it back within two minutes, leaving you wide eyed. He gave a toothy grin. “Let’s go.”
            The two of you bowed to the lady and he drove to a studio. You gave him a curious look and he led you in. “Come on.”

            The room was dark but you could hear music pulsing through the building. There were a lot of narrow aisles and hallways before you reached a practice room. He took off the leather jacket and was left in a wifebeater. “Watch me.”

            He turned up the stereo and a hip hop beat started to play and he started to dance. His moves were impossible to repeat and you watched him spin with ease. He got up without assistance, showing off his flexibility.

            You watched as he spun on his head and his arms and legs were in a blur. By the time the music ended, you were in absolute awe and clapped your hands enthusiastically. “You’re so talented!”

            Jongup smiled at you, slightly out of breath. “I was hoping to show you what you could have for a boyfriend. Will you consider going out with me again after school tomorrow?”

            You nodded and he picked you up, spinning you around in the room. 

 

plot and picture request