Youngjae 44

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Watching him on stage, singing and dancing always made you happy. He was fulfilling his dream. But watching him from below, surrounded by his fangirls, always made you feel inadequate. Why was it that he was so perfect and you… just weren’t?

            You had told yourself a million times that being this insecure was bad for you and you accepted it. You’ve always known that Youngjae was going to be someone famous and, being a fan yourself, you know how fangirls can be. But sometimes you wished he could be more ordinary.

            “But I am,” he so often insisted.

            You plucked at the hair gel residue in his hair and wiped off some of the remaining eyeliner. “Yeah, I’m sure. Most guys don’t have to put on makeup. And most guys don’t make girls have hot fantasies about them.”

            He would often roll his eyes at your comments and pat your cheek. “It’s okay. I’ll always be your fluffy,” he grinned, using a nickname you had given him predebut.

            You huffed. “Even now, they’re taking that nickname away from me. I know they call you the Fluffy Princess.”

            Youngjae pouted and slid over to you. “Don’t think about it too much. I’m still yours right?”

            Sometimes his answers would assuage you but sometimes they would only make you more agitated as you wonder how much of his words do he really mean. You always felt like a bum next to him. If only he could just turn into a total bum, you wouldn’t feel so bad dating him.

            It was bad enough that people judged. You knew they looked at you and wondered just how in the world you could have landed Youngjae. He was smarter than you, more talented and attracted girls the way honey attracted flies. You must have gotten really lucky when he chose to date you over all the other girls.

            Granted, Youngjae predebut was a little chubby, a little snarky but he was definitely way adorable and that was what made you like him. But now, a year of hard work and training had worked wonders on him, the way puberty had on Zelo.

            You went with him to a show and immediately, the crowd roared. “Yoo Youngjae! Yoo Youngjae!” they screamed.

           You moved closer to him, shrinking in a little as he waved. He took your hand in his and they screamed again. You wanted to hide. Why couldn’t you have gone in through the backdoor? Youngjae blew kisses and you heard cameras clicking away. You bit your lip and was relieved to see the doors to the studio.

            At the last moment, someone shouted, “Why are you with her, Oppa? Marry me!”

            Youngjae’s face shut down a little and he tugged you closer to him. When you got into the dressing room, the rest of s greeted you happily and you nodded a little. Yongguk sensed the tension between the two of you and raised an eyebrow.

            He swung next to you and sat down. “So, how’s my little sister-in-law doing?” he joked around.

            You swatted his arm away. “Stop it. And don’t call me that.”

            “Uh oh, did you and our brainbox have a fight?”

            “Not really,” you mumbled.

            Yongguk tugged on your cheeks. “Then tell oppa what happened?”

            You tilted your head back and sighed deeply. “I don’t know what I’m with Youngjae. He’s so perfect, and I’m just… not. All the fans think so too.”

            His face darkened. “I don’t like that you’re putting yourself down like this. You are just as perfect as Youngjae. Hush, and as for the fans, don’t listen to them. Most Babys are very supportive. As long as you are confident, then they will support you.”

            You nodded slowly, wanting to believe him. “I hope so.”

            Suddenly there was a burst of noise behind you and you turned around. Youngjae had squirted red hair dye all over his hair and had some running down his face. He was dressed in a black and white polka-dotted shirt with red striped pants.

            “I’ll be performing in these today,” he announced.

            The rest of you gaped at him and Chocolate heaved a heavy sigh. “W-why?” you asked him, not sure if you wanted to hear the answer.

            Youngjae grinned broadly. “I’ll wear this and show them that if they think you look hideous, they should look at me again. And you’re going to be up there with me. I’m not scared of going onstage looking like an idiot, not when I have a beautiful girl by my side.”

            Yongguk gave an approving nod and you blushed, throwing an arm over your face. “Way to make a statement,” you mumbled.

            He walked over to you and added on a clown’s nose. “Awnigh,” he said in a nasally voice. “Coshtume compnete.”

 

Five more chapters left!!!

I'll be opening requested June 1st and also marking this complete and opening up the second shop, so please anticipate :D