Yongguk 59

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            It was the oldest story in the book. Your mother had taken it upon herself to find you a husband. It didn’t matter to her that maybe this was the modern ages and people simply did not do that anymore. Nor did it bother her that you had a long life to live and probably didn’t want to get married while still in college.

            She had a friend from way back during her wild college days and that friend has a son. It was the same trajectory, the same story. Your mother had met said son and fallen so in love with him, she insisted that her daughter “absolutely marry this splendid young man.” Her words precisely.

            You were adamantly against meeting this so-called “handsome angel from the heavens.” Just the way your mother described him made you cringe. This was coming from the woman who admired Ranbit Kapoor.

            You hesitated to meet this person she was talking about. “Mom, do we really have to go see him?”

            Your mother turned around and flashed you the widest smile she could muster. Creepy. “Of course not, honey. He’s coming here.

            “Here?”

            “Yes, in about,” she glanced at the clock, “Fifteen more minutes! Get dressed and get excited. This is the best day of your life.” You highly doubted that but who were you to defy your mother? She walked over and pointed up the stairs. “Go. Wear that classy dress I bought you. I don’t want you looking like a slob.” You winced. Nice, mom.

            You stayed in your room, debating whether to comb your hair. You knew your mom was going to give you to him regardless of whether you wanted to or not so you might as well have a good impression. The doorbell that rang throughout the house scared you.

            “Come in! Come in!” you heard your mother’s chipper voice very clearly.

            There was another high pitched squeal and then a voice so deep you could not believe it comes from someone your mother would profess to be “angel on earth.” This was more like scary trucker guy from the gas station down the block.

            Your mom called your name and you came down, taking your time. If he had any type of facial hair or blemish, you were going to kill her. You nearly tripped when you saw him. He was smiling, holding out a large Winnie the Pooh. You could already make out his lean body and the tapered, waist and slim fingers.

            You unconsciously let out a low whistle. Well hot damn. Your mother finally got something right. You stopped in front of him and he handed you the bear. He just held it out in front of you and couldn’t stop smiling. You stared at his gummy smile.

            “Take it! Don’t be rude,” your mom hissed.

            You took the stuffed toy dumbly and he clapped his hands a little out of embarrassment. Gosh, stop smiling. His smile was making you want to smile and you did not want your mother to know she was right.

            “Hi, I’m Yongguk.” He stretched out a hand and when you took it, he pulled you into him slowly and planted a kiss right on your hand. Your internal organs were screaming. You jerked your hand away too quickly to be called flustered and mumbled something incoherently. He didn’t even look offended. He just rubbed the back of his head and continued smiling. You glanced down at the stuffed animal in your arms. Gosh darn it, that thing was grinning at you too.

            How you went from that day to the day of your wedding was a mystery. Your mom fluffed down your dress and dabbed at her eyes. “You’re going to love him.” You groaned. The wedding had been planned pretty quickly and the two of you were still awkward with one another. You reached for your bouquet only to have your dad hand you the Pooh bear instead.

            You raised an eyebrow and he shrugged. “Your mom told me so.”

            You took the bear from him and you heard the wedding march begin. The walk down the aisle was a long one and when you were finally standing next to Yongguk, you realized that he had a stuffed Tigger in his hands. He was grinning from ear to ear and the entire audience let out a collective aww.    

            He took your hand in his and you avoided looking at him. He looked so good in a suit. The two of you exchanged vows and when you closed your eyes, preparing for the kiss, you felt him tug Winnie from your hands instead. He wrapped Tigger around it and then leaned down to kiss you. As you parted, he whispered, “Just like these two right now, I want to hold you forever.”

            It was a good thing he was next to you or else you would have swooned and fainted. You bit your lip and met his gaze. You barely knew him and yet he was looking at you sincerely. He gave you another of his shy smiles.

            “I know I may not be your ideal husband or something, but I’m going to try my best to make you happy,” he promised. He tucked your hand into his elbow and led you through the crowd.

            That night, you carefully placed the two stuffed animals on the dresser. You had changed already on the way to the hotel and you were completely nervous. You heard Yongguk shuffling and squeezed your eyes tightly. You were too embarrassed to see him any degree of clotheless.

            The bed sank under his weight and you opened one eye. Yongguk smiled at you. “Hey, what are you so nervous about? We can just talk tonight. You can get to learn more about me. My mom’s been spamming me about stories when you were younger. I feel like I almost know you already. But let’s talk tonight.”

            “T-talk?” You stared at him. This wasn’t normal, right?

            “Yeah, have a conversation. You know, use our mouths to communicate?” As you were watching his full lips move, you had other thoughts you wanted to communicate but you shook your head, dismissing them. He was offering you a way out.

            He took your hand and played with it. You were mesmerized with his fingers. It took another second until you blurted, “So care to explain the Tigger obsession? I heard about it.”

            Yongguk blushed and began to talk.

 

this is for b2ng ♥