Zelo 36

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Zelo chewed happily, completely absorbed in his own little world. He blinked a little as the frozen fruit slid down his throat a bit too quickly and once recovered, continued to eat. You turned the corner and stared at him. Of course. Why were you not surprised?

            “Choi Junhong!” you stomped your foot. “Are you eating those frozen fruits again?”

            He looked at you guiltily and gave a weak smile, swallowing quickly and chewing. The food caused two chipmunk cheeks to appear.

            “It’s my favorite,” he mumbled as he took another bite, savoring the flavor. Frozen fruits were like sorbet but with more flavor.

            You stared at the fruit. “Banana again? This is like your twelfth frozen banana. I swear, you’re turning into a monkey.”

            He scratched under his arms and hopped up and down in a silly manner. “I’m your monkey! Your pet monkey!”

            You ducked to avoid him as he came towards you. You couldn’t help smiling. Even though he sometimes irritated the daylights out of you, he could still make you laugh.

            Zelo let out a small laugh too, seeing your smile. He nudged you. “Come on, don’t deny you didn’t like the frozen strawberry. You were really happy when I gave you the one with chocolate inside.”

            Immediately you glared at him. You poked his forehead, going on your tiptoes to do it. “Junhong, if you ever chip your tooth trying to bite into one of those hard chunks, or suffer from brain freeze, I’m just going to sit here and laugh and say I told you so.”

            He shifted and pouted. “You’re denying me from my favorite dessert though. And it’s perfectly healthy.” He laughed and patted your arm. “Don’t worry about me. I’m strong. My teeth are made of steel and I don’t even know what brain freeze is.”

            You scoffed and nodded at him. “Whatever you say, mister.” You crossed your arms and walked out of the room, leaving him to continue eating.

            Zelo ate happily, glad to be left to his own devices. He loved you but sometimes, you really sounded like his mother. Heck, not even his mother cared that he ate so many fruits. She encouraged it. He just wished you didn’t nag so much. 

            He wandered over to the kitchen provided by the company and took out another banana. His stomach rumbled a little and he couldn’t wait for the photoshoot to end so he could go home and eat a proper meal.

            “Zelo, it’s almost your turn!” the photographers called.

            He nodded and hurriedly scarfed down the banana. Halfway through, he felt his vision swim and there was an odd sensation in his brain. He almost choked on the banana and winced in discomfort. Zelo unsteadily walked to a chair and sat himself down, trying to chew slowly and digest. His temples throbbed and he felt sheepish. Here was the brain freeze she had foreseen.

            “Zelo! Come on, get your photos done so we can go buy your girlfriend a cake!” It was Youngjae. The headache came on stronger. Zelo held up a hand, indicating that he wanted a moment to himself.

            Youngjae watched him weirdly, and looked at the fruit in his hand. A wicked grin spread across his face. “Brain freeze finally?” Zelo stuck out his tongue and waited until he felt the blood begin to flow again.    

            He swallowed and looked at him. “No wonder she came today! She probably was expecting me to do something! Urgh.” He slapped his forehead and stared at the remainder of the banana. He stuffed it hurriedly in his mouth; his love for it overcoming the brain freeze that was rapidly becoming a distant memory. He chewed hurriedly and Youngjae pulled on his chipmunk cheeks.

            “Come on. Let’s go take your photo.”

            Zelo hurriedly finished his shoot but it dragged on. He was antsy for the rest of the night and the photographers scolded him a couple of times. He glanced at the time. Darn, it was already one in the morning. She’s going to kill him. Where was he going to find a cake at this time?

            He glanced in the fridge and came up with a brilliant idea. He grabbed all the rest of the frozen fruits and carefully placed them side by side, using oranges, apples and strawberries to make a heart. He then put bananas to make the arrow. He carefully packed his masterpiece into  a box and carried it out reverently.

            “What’s in that?” Daehyun asked him.

            “Drop me home today. I have to give this to someone.” The driver took Zelo back home and he hopped out of the car, promising to see the members tomorrow.

            He glanced up at her bedroom and saw the lights still on. She was probably upset. He bent down slowly and picked up a small pebble and took aim, making sure not to drop the precious cargo.

            There was a soft ping and you looked down your window. Junhong was standing there, holding a box. You shushed him when you saw that he was about to scream something and ran down the stairs, trying to not wake your parents.

            “What are you doing here?” you hissed.

            “Happy birthday, jagi. I’m sorry the photoshoot took longer than I thought.”

            You looked at him. “My birthday passed already.”

            He grinned. “Not in America it didn’t!” You stared at him and he handed you the box. “Open it.”

            You lifted the covers and saw what it was. Your mouth thinned but the thought was really too precious. “And here,” he held out a small box for you to take. Inside was a bracelet with a banana charm. You rolled your eyes. Of course.

            “Happy birthday,” he said again and leaned in to kiss you. 

 

Sorry, I had a headache and this took a while ;;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CUTEDWAEJAE ♥ I hope you had a good one~

And this is also a Zelo for mynameisjess