Youngjae 42

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You both panted heavily as you tried to hike up one more mile. Youngjae squinted against the setting sun and collapsed on a nearby rock. “Can’t take it anymore,” he gasped. You took the opportunity to sit down too.

            “Why are we doing this?” you mumbled.

            He patted your shoulder wearily. “Because you love me and this is our honeymoon trip, courtesy of my members.”

            You gave him a nasty look, wincing as sweat dripped into your eyes. “When we go back you can tell them thanks but no thanks for the intense workout. What happened to the Bahamas or something?”

            Youngjae shrugged. “They’re guys. What did you expect?”

            “You should have let my friends plan this then!”

            Youngjae gave a nervous laugh. “Well, yeah. That sounds like a better idea.”

            You huffed and crossed your arms, wincing when you jabbed your blister. This one happened when you were trying to move up a narrow trail and had to jab your finger into the rock and sand over and over to help with your grip. This was nothing like the romantic, leuisreuly honeymoon you had always envisioned for yourself.

            Your newlywed husband leaned over and took your hand in his. “Hey, I’m sorry babe. I promise once we get back, we’re going to go on another honeymoon. This one, we’ll go to all the beautiful beaches and do everything except exert ourselves, okay?” He blew gently at the blister and took out the first aid kit.

            You rested your head on his lap. “I didn’t mean to be whiny. It’s just really tiring. I don’t want you having this lasting impression of me as this sweaty, dirty person. What if by the end of it, you decide that you regret marrying me?”

            Youngjae laughed out loud and kissed the ring on your finger. “As if. I bet this was all Daehyun’s fault. He’s just upset that I got married before he did. What a loser. This is his way of revenge I bet.”

            You giggled. “Daejae forever!”

            He scowled at you. “No. Never. Don’t even mention it. Come on, let’s see. According to this map, if we continue down this trail, we’ll find a rest stop. This place has a working bathroom, finally a legit bath, and food. Sounds good? We can sleep in an actual bed and not this stupid sleeping bag.” He aimed a hefty kick at the large green lump that he was in charge of carrying.

            You glanced over at the map and nodded. “Yes! Let’s go!”

            You stood up in a hurry and tripped over your large hiking boots. Both of you let out a yell and you started rolling down the trail. You toppled over rocks and tried to stop yourself, but you only pulled up the roots and grass you tried to hold onto.

            Youngjae was sliding down towards you, screaming your name. Your foot twisted and you landed into a large pit filled with nettles and vines. Your cheek was bleeding and a few of your nails had ripped off but you knew how fortunate you were to be alive.

            He finally reached you and crawled cautiously into the pit, avoiding the bright green plants. Youngjae held out a hand for you to take and he gently pulled you over to him. You landed on the wrong foot and nearly went down again but his firm grip kept you steady.

            “Careful,” he murmured. He made sure he had a hold on the rock before climbing out of the pit, ducking to avoid getting hit by branches. You clung onto him, trying not to cry. You didn’t want him to feel worse than he already did.

            Youngjae carried you back to the rock where all your belongings were. He set you down gently and your left ankle. “You must have twisted it. I can’t have you walk and I don’t want to take off your shoes either.” He reached for the canteen of water and poured some, gently wiping down your face. He applied medication and packed everything diligently.

            He squatted down in front of you. “Come on, honey, get on me.” He held onto your calves, making sure to not touch your ankle too much and used a string to pull along the rest of your things. The walk was long and you could feel him walk slower and slower. An hour passed before you finally reached the promised rest stop.

            Youngjae checked you in and requested for some medication. The owner of the inn was a smiling woman and she nodded. “Of course. I’m pretty certified when it comes to minor injuries.”

            Youngjae went down to get food and the woman slowly rolled up your pants. You gasped. Along your legs were long red gashes and blisters. You winced when she touched them and when you clutched your arms, you realized, they too had the same marks.

            She tsked and said, “I think you landed in poison ivy.”

            Youngjae came back in time to hear that and he stood next to you. “Will it go down? What if she’s allergic to it?”

            The woman chuckled. “This reaction already proves that she’s allergic. Don’t worry. I have ointment downstairs. Sit with her and take off her shoes. Her ankle will swell but wrap it tightly in this gauze. I’ll be right back.”

            You gasped wih pain as Youngjae untied your shoes and slid them off. Your ankles began to enlarge and you tried to ignore the puffiness. He kneaded it gently and started to wrap it in the white bandaid. “I’m so sorry.”

            His voice caught and you looked at him, diligently trying to help you. “Stop, Youngjae. Don’t cry. Think of this as an adventure. It’s just a little pain. I’ll get used to it.”

            “I shouldn’t have let you come.” His voice was hard and you knew he was blaming himself. You reached forward to touch a hand to his shoulder.

            “Stop it. It’s kind of fun and now you know what I’m made of, right? Besides, you’re going to have to help me in the showers.” You tugged on his cheeks, trying to get him to smile.

            Youngjae looked at you and you winked at him. “Don’t be a silly goose. It’s hard work hiking but I’m still having fun. I get to be alone with you, out in the wild. I like it.” Youngjae finally looked partiall appeased.

            “If you say so.”

            A few days later when your ankle was healed and the poison ivy had gone away, Youngjae walked into the room decked out completely in gear. He had a helmet and what looked like a gun. When he spoke his voice was muffled. “I am your knight in poison ivy armor. I’ll shoot whatever gets in our way with repellent and I will protect you from all harm.”

            You laughed out loud and kissed his cheek through the helmet. “You are the cutest knight in poison ivy armor I have ever met.”

 

:) ADJKGHADH OHMYGOSH YOO YOUNGJAE

♥ ♥ ♥ 

mr. fluffypants