Himchan 34

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            There was an ugly splat and I heard mommy sigh. I giggled and continued to focus on turning the batter. I used the spoon mommy handed me and continued churning. I heard a small giggle and mommy gently slap Hana’s .

            “Hana, go to play in the living room. Mommy’s too busy right now.”

            She squealed and I turned around. Ouch. The entire wall was covered in pink icing. “Hana! We have to get daddy’s birthday party ready! I worked hard on that icing! Mommy! I worked hard on that!” I was furious. Why did she always have to ruin everything? I grabbed my mom’s hand and she squatted down.

            “Himjong, I know. But Hana’s still small. Be nice to your sister. She was just trying to help.”

            I fumed and aimed a kick in her direction. “I don’t want her help! She’s always causing trouble.”

            Hana, knowing how angry I am, started to cry. I crossed my arms and turned away. Hmmph, let her know how mad I am at her. My arms hurt from mixing all the icing. There was a small shuffle and I heard a tiny noise behind me.

            “Oppa,” there was a baby hand on my thigh. “Oppa, showy,” she smiled at me and her tooth poked out. She slid her face over my leg and peeked up at me, twisting her head. She rubbed her face into my stomach and head butted me.

            My face cracked. “Alright, alright. Stop it. I’m going to do work. And this time, you don’t touch!”

            She grabbed onto my hand and I stood up. “Mom, tell me what else to do?”

            She laughed and placed the icing again. “I guess we’ll redo this. I’ll keep your sister busy. She has another role to do. When you’re done, call for me okay?”

            I saluted her. “Yes, mom!”

            From the kitchen, I heard my mom and Hana. Hana was shrieking in happiness. “Baby girl, you’re going to have to dress up. Does baby like to dress up?”

            There was a rustle of paper and I quickly finished the icing. When I was done, I ran out to the living room. My mom was pulling a red dress over Hana. There was a stripe running down her front and mom pulled a ribbon through her hair.

            “Yay, aren’t you daddy’s little present now?”

            “Pwe-shen,” she tried out the word and clapped her hands.

            “Mom, the icing’s done.” She looked up and smiled.          

            “Good boy. Come on. Stay here and watch Hana. I’m going to finish the rest of the cake. Oh, put on your clothes! Leave the cap for me.”

            I picked up the pile of clothes and pulled the sweater over my head. I also had a stripe down my front. I opened my arms and admired the two ribbons that went across me. Hana clapped her hands and pointed at me. “Pwe-shen,” she said again.

            I heard mom close the oven door and then come out. “Himjongie, come on. Let’s put on your cap!” She took out a square cap with a bow on top. “Let’s prepare two beautiful presents for your daddy.” I stood still and she placed the cap on my head, putting in place with bobby pins.

            “Dad will be home soon so when he comes in, you’re going to stand in a line and sing the birthday song to him okay?”

            We nodded and she held up her arms. “Okay kids, start singing!”

            I started singing and Hana clapped her hands to the beat. When we finished, mom beamed and patted our cheeks. “Aigoo, daddy will be so sur-”

            “Honey, I’m back!” We jumped a mile. Hana turned around and started running.

            “Daddy!”

            I ran after her. “Come back, Hana!” But she was already out the door and daddy picked her up.

            “Why does my princess look so pretty?”

            I stood in front of them and I saw his face break into a larger smile. “Is this a walking present I see? And oh, I’m hugging my present right now!”

            “Happy birthday, daddy!” I shouted.

            My mom walked up and kissed him on the cheek. “Happy birthday, Himchan.”

            He laughed and pulled us all in for a hug. “Ah, this is the best day ever. They threw me a party at work and I come home to find my three favorite people waiting for me.” He lifted me on one arm and took us into the living room. “I’m the luckiest man alive.”

            Mom went into the kitchen and walked out with the cake. She placed it down on the table and clapped her hands. We started to sing and our dad cheered us on. Hana dug her finger into the cake and I watched in horror.

            “Hana, no!” But it was too late. She dabbed three dots two on his cheeks on one on his nose.

            “Wah! Pwe-shen!” she screamed.

            Daddy took out his phone and held Hana in his lap. “Say chest baby girl!” 

 

Happy Birthday HImchan ♥