Jongup 41

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You had to learn the tango, fast. The other day, you had lied to the boy you liked and told him that you could dance the tango just to impress him. Little did you know he was a master tango dancer and he asked you to dance with him. What were you going to do? You decided to go to the school’s best dancer and begged him.

            Jongup looked up from his homework. “You want me to teach you tango? Well okay, I guess. Is there a dance coming up that I don’t know about?” He was friendly and you liked his smile.

            “Not really. It’s kind of a stupid story actually.” You rubbed your neck awkwardly. “I sort of toldthisguythatIcantango but I really can’t.” He blinked a bit, trying to decipher your mumbled words. Then he burst into laughter before stifling it.

            “Oh, I’m sorry. Well that’s a pretty legitmite reason. I’ll help you.” You thanked him profusely. “Is tomorrow in the dance studio good?” You nodded and he waved at you. “See you!”

            You skipped home, feeling profusely relieved. All you had to do was take a couple of lessons with Jongup and then you can feel like a pro. You hummed to yourself. It would be fun to finally be able to impress your crush for once. You’ve liked him for a long time from afar and this took great courage. You looked at his picture on your phone and whispered, “Jongup, you better help me get him.”

            The next day after school you met Jongup at the dance studio. He looked at you with his mouth open. “Wait, you can’t wear heels! You’re just a beginner. We need to start from the very beginning.”

            You looked at him. “What’s wrong with this? I need to dance in heels eventually.”

            “Yes, but not now. Take them off, and come. I’m going to show you the girl’s moves and you have to do is mirror me.” He bounced up and down and grinned shyly. “Wow, nobody has ever asked me to teach them the tango. It’s always breakdancing. Okay, let’s go.”

            He held your arms up in the proper position. “Okay, the tango is pretty cool. It’s dramatic. So the basic first steps is the guy will be facing you. And he will walk front but you’ll worry about that later. They’re leading so you just follow. You need to take three steps back, starting with your left foot. Then you move to the right and close the step. Think of it like this, T-A-N-GO. The last two steps are connected. Follow me.”

            You watched Jongup smoothly glide across the wooden floors and mimicked his actions, feeling super clumsy next to him. He nodded, satisfied. “Okay, we’re going to have to work together for the next few moves. I can teach you the corte. It’s really pretty. You just step forward with your left foot and then step back, take the two finishing steps. Here, I’ll be your partner.”

            He took your hands and held you up. You rested your hand on his bicep delicately, feeling the muscle underneath your fingers. He held you firmly and pulled you forward. You moved effortlessly and he pushed you back easily. You felt as if your feet were doing the moves but Jongup was really controlling you. He had a strong grip on your back and you moved into the basic step with ease.

            Jongup clapped. “Alright! You must know the promenade. It’s a bit complicated. But it’s basically a turn. We’re going to have to do this at least twice to get back into the line of dance. Tango is danced generally in a wide circle but since it’ll just be the two of you, it shouldn’t be a problem.” He showed you the steps and it took you a couple of tries.

            “Do you want to take a break? We can continue this tomorrow?”

            You glanced at the clock, amazed at how quickly the time passed. “Wow, I guess so. Thanks Jongup. That was so much fun.”

            He nodded his head. “Anytime. Do you need me to take you back home? Do you live nearby?”

            You shook your head. “It’s okay. My brother’s waiting outside anyway.”

            “Alright, then see you tomorrow!”

            You went home and practiced the steps by yourself. When your brother walked in on you, you pulled him in to use as a partner. He lacked the leading ability and stepped on your foot a couple of times. You scowled. “Useless.” And proceeded to continue practicing by yourself.

            The next day, you found Jongup jumping in front of the mirrors, dancing freely to a song on his iPod. You watched him for a while before he realized you were there. “Hey! Okay, I’m going to test you. Then we can learn the scorpion promenade and then the fan.”

            He played a dramatic song and held you in his arms again. “Remember, you need to look off my right shoulder. I wasn’t kidding when I said this was a passionate dance. It’s all about frame and form,” he instructed.

            When the song finished, he bowed to you. “Alright, scorpion is super easy. It’s like the promenade except we’re going to walk four steps, inside foot, outside foot.” He marched you out towards the middle of the floor and then lifted your arm. “Now we turn and walk back four steps. Inside, outside.” You giggled.

            “This is like when the music swells right?”

            Jongup nodded. “You have a great ear then! Yes! But it’s up to the guy so you better hope that partner of yours can predict when something dramatic is happening. This is a great move. The fan is kind of hard. You basically step out into promenade, walk a few steps, let go, fan out. Then,” and he did the rest of the footwork to show you.

            Your mouth fell. “Ah, maybe I can skip that?”

            Jongup shook his head. “You can’t! It’s the best move and if you cant’ do it, he’ll know for sure you don’t know how to dance the tango anyway.”

            You couldn’t stop your words. “But he already knows!” you blurted out.

            Your teacher stopped in his tracks and his mouth formed an O. “He already knows?” Jongup looked like a lost puppy as he repeated your words.

            You nodded and stared at your feet. “Er, there is no other guy. I just wantedachancetotalktoyou.”

            “Repeat that please?”

            “I just wanted a, aish, never mind.”

            Jongup laughed and started to jump up and down, hyper as anything. “You’re going to need to stop talking so fast but I heard what you said. Ah! I feel like it’s my dream come true too,” he turned red and stopped jumping to look at you. “I guess I can say the feeling’s mutual?”

 

requested by MusicChibi ^^

sorry if you guys got a little lost, just picture the gist of it :D