Youngjae 4

B.A.P. Oneshots

To your left, you saw a bouquet of red roses and to your right was a giant teddy bear holding a box of chocolates. To any other outsider, it would seem as if you were the luckiest girl alive. Two very attractive boys stood by your side and held out their offerings.         

            But to anyone who knew the truth, underneath their smiles, they were shooting deadly stares at one another and you were in distress. You weren’t looking at any of them and were instead trying not to care. The longer they stood there, the worst you felt and you turned to look at both of them. “I don’t want it. You either both let me accept it or I won’t take any of it.”

            They scowled and let you take it. One of them leaned down and kissed you on the cheek while the other, not to be outdone, kissed the back of your hand and you looked down at your desk, waiting for them to leave. The bell rang and they made their way to their seats.

            You bit the inside of your cheek and tried to blink back tears. Daehyun and Youngjae used to be best friends until you moved into the neighborhood. The two of them had noticed you and both, wanting the approval of your older brother, Bang Yongguk, had vied for your attention. You knew they both genuinely liked you but this had caused a huge rift between the two of them.

            Youngjae was actually the one to catch your eye, but Daehyun treated you almost as well. It didn’t matter to you, however, you just hated to watch them fight. People who knew them before you did tell you that they were inseparable and they blamed you for their dislike for one another. You stared at the two gifts on your desk and prayed that this would soon end.

            As was custom, when time rolled around for the Valentine’s Day dance, the two of them asked you. However, due to poor timing, they happened to ask at the same time. You stood between them and were ready to turn them both down when you heard your brother’s voice behind you.

            “Why don’t the two of you fight for her?” he drawled.

            You shook your head in protest but Yongguk gave a short laugh. “Sis, you don’t want them to forever be fighting for you do you? Besides, I know who you’re sweet on. It’s about time you either show it or we fight.”

            You looked at Daehyun and saw the apprehension on his face as he realized that he had a fifty-fifty chance of being the one you liked and your heart broke. Every time you were sad, he helped you. You peeked at Youngjae who looked just as stricken and you wanted to reassure him. But then you thought of Daehyun and Yongguk was right. The fairest way was a fight.

            You didn’t look at either of them as you whispered, “I won’t say.”

            Yongguk looked triumphant. “Then boys, we fight. I’ll see you on the courtyard after school today. I don’t need a crowd but if you want to air your public shame, be my guest.” He grabbed you by the hand and you avoided both their gazes.

            You were a coward and a terrible person. It would make life easier if you could just tell Daehyun to give up and have all this be avoided but you couldn’t stand to see the disappointment in his face. You’d rather have him win and be made to date him than to hurt either of them.

            Your brother smirked at you. “You really enjoy the attention don’t you, my little sister?” He had a mocking tone to his voice and you shook your head.

            “I hate it. I wish they would stop.”

            Amusement tinged his words. “It all ends today.”

            After school, Yongguk dragged you to the courtyard. Word must have somehow spread because a small crowd had gathered around the two boys and they were circling one another. Each of them had brought along their own teams and had painted on war paint. Daehyun circled Youngjae stealthily while the latter bounced on his feet, waiting for a chance to attack.

            “Fight! Fight! Fight!” the crowd chanted and you cringed at the savagery. You hid your face behind Yongguk’s arm and tried not to cry.

            The first punch was swung and you saw Daehyun bend over backwards to avoid it. At the same time, he lashed out with a kick and Youngjae jumped over it. So far, nobody has landed a punch and you were relieved. But this cat and mouse game would not last long and you knew it.

            Sure enough, Youngjae swung a fist at Daehyun and he sidestepped too slowly, getting hit on the left ear. Daehyun retaliated, and soon both of them had bloody lips and were pretty scuffled. Yongguk looked at you.

            “Still want this to go on?”

            You shook your head and he called out. “You guys can stop now. My little sister here can’t bear to see the two of you continue this way. I’m going to make life easier for you by saying that she likes Youngjae.”

            There was a silence and you looked down. You didn’t want to see Daehyun’s pain. Youngjae came up to you and hugged you, whispering consolations to you, telling you to not fret, that he was here for you. You clung onto him and tried not to ruin his shirt.

            It didn’t matter who won. To you, it still seemed as if they had both lost

 

Plot requested (Ending specified as part of request)

OMG. I had complete writer's block. I had this whole idea for a gang fight and stuff but it never came. I wish I can redo this because this story was utter crap, if you'll excuse my language. I really apologize. AND THE ENDING. OTL. I understand if you hate me forever.