Yongguk 50

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Yongguk twirled the pen in his fingers. He scratched some words on the paper and looked at it. Not too bad. Three quarters of a page isn’t too bad a progress considering how distracted he was. He sighed and blew air from his lips. All this work was too much. His eyes landed on his phone. It has yet to light up with a single text the entire day. All his friends were probably hard at work on their essays as well.

            Yongguk wrote another paragraph and picked up his phone. He twirled it in his fingers, wondering who to text, who to call, who would respond? He grinned. Today was the day to be evil. He was going to dial a random phone call and pretend that he had misdialed.

            He punched in a random sequence of numbers and crossed his fingers, praying he would get somebody without a sense of humor. When one was bored, pissing a person off would be the best thing to alleviate boredom.

            He held the phone to his ear and waited. The phone rang and rang. “Hello?” Yongguk did a silent victory dance. It was a female.

            “Hi, is this Mr. Cho?”

            “Er, no? Maybe you got the wrong number.”

            “Wait! But I really need to know how to contact this Mr. Cho.”

            She was starting to get impatient but she liked this guy’s voice. It was deep and soothing. “I’m sorry. Maybe you can check the number again. See if you misdialed. Have a good day.”

            Yongguk sighed in disappointment when she hung up. He shrugged. He had time. Time to try again! He redialed her number. “Hello? Mr. Cho?”

            “Look, you already called. It’s not the right number.”

            “Oh,” Yongguk forced himself to sound disappointed. “You see, I’m applying to university and Mr. Cho said he would help me get through the application. He’s one of those guidance teachers in the newspapers. And if I can’t reach him, I won’t be able to go to college.” He doodled a random picture on the essay he was writing.

            She laughed. “Oh, I can help you I guess since you’re probably going to keep calling back. You just pull up your application. Are you there yet?”

            He held the phone to his shoulder and pulled up the page. He could get work done like this. Yongguk nodded. “Oh oops, I just nodded. But then I realized you probably won’t see it. Silly me.”

            “Oh I do that all the time! I’m always like nodding and realizing they were still waiting for a response. Alright, sign in and all that. What do you need help with?”

            He looked at the blank screen in front of him with all the boxes still waiting to be filled. “Everything. I didn’t start really.”

            She clucked her tongue. “Are you one of those procrastinators?”

            “You got that right. I mean, Mr. Cho, you know, was going to help me and all that.”

            “Right, right. Okay, so fill it in and tell me what you need help with.”

            Yongguk idly tapped in the information. “So, why do we have to tell them about our hobbies?”

            “It’s so they can see what talents and interests you have.”

            “Well, singing, basketball, rapping, music, chess,” he droned.

            “Chess?” she sounded incredulous.

            Yongguk leaned back in his chair. “What?” he was slightly offended. “What’s wrong with chess?”

            She giggled. “I don’t know. A procrastinator like you doesn’t seem to be the type to be into chess or something.”

            “Well, Miss, I’ll have you know that I’m quite a champion. Alright. Time to write about one of my favorite past times. Should I write about chess?”

            “Actually, write about rapping. That sounds cooler. Are you applying to music school?”

            “How’d you know?”

            “Just a guess because your interests are geared towards that.”

            Yongguk typed and talked back and forth with her. Just as he clicked the submit button he admitted, “I would probably never have gotten that done without you.”

            “Well, I’m your replacement Mr. Cho.”

            “Mr. Cho? Oh right, him. I guess I won’t be needing him any time soom.”

            She laughed quietly. “Good luck on acceptances!” She hung up. It was only afterwards that Yongguk realized he hadn’t asked for her name. He contemplated calling her back. But he stopped himself. That would be too stalkerish. He placed his phone down, finished his essay and went outside. Time to buy himself a celebratory drink.

            He pumped his fist in the air, excited to be outside after being stuck in the house for two days. His parents had kept him in until he finished all his applications. “Yeah, freedom finally.”

            The girl walking in front of him turned around. She was really pretty. She raised her eyebrows. “Wait, can you say something again?”

            He was shocked by the odd request. “Er, why?”

            “Did you finish your college applications?” she blurted.

            Yongguk’s mouth fell open. “Wait, you were the one I called?” His heart started to beat faster. Fate. This must be it.

            She grinned. “Yeah! And I went to look for a Mr. Cho but I didn’t find him. But I guess as long as I could help. Where are you going?” She waited for him to fall in step with her.

            Yongguk couldn’t hold back his smile. “You know, there really wasn’t a Mr. Cho. I just randomly called a number, liked your voice and called back.” He lowered his cap to hide his embarrassment.

            She threw back her head and laughed. “I kept talking to you because I liked your voice. I had a feeling you were bluffing but hey, nice to meet you.” She told him his name.

            “And I’m Yongguk,” he shook her hand and continued to hold it. “Where are you headed? Do you want to take a stroll around the park?”

 

requested by leeminhyun13

Enjoy guys :D It's a busy week for me and there's so much going on ;;