Daehyun 46

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

             It was poetry recital week. Each of you had to write something and share it with the class. Your foot bounced anxiously. You had your poem in your hand. The words had been chosen with care and you had, in a burst of courage, decided to share it with the class. But you were also scared. What if it was too obvious? What if he knew you were talking about him?

            The teacher called your name from the roster and you shot up. For a second, you faced the class and swallowed. You avoided looking at that one corner where he was sitting. You held the paper in front of your face and mumbled the title.

            “Repeat please,” the teacher asked.

            “My poem is called, “What I Like About A Boy.”

Your eyes and how expressive they are.

Your eyes and the million words you can say with them without ever having to open your mouth.

Your mouth and the words that come out of them.

Your mouth and what it can do with mine, what you can whisper in my ears.

That smile.

That beautiful smile that tugs on your cheeks, that lifts your eyes, brings a shine to your eyes.

Your laughter.

As you scrunch your face and fold your lithe body upon itself and roar.

That sound.

Your voice which can sing anything imaginable, which you use to tease me, to weave spells for me to listen to.

Your fingers and how they tap against the desk when you’re thinking.

Your hands and the times when you would hold me, accidentally, protectively and the thrill I get.

The way you would tease me. The way you would poke fun at me.

The way you make a fool of yourself.

The fact that you won’t ever find yourself attractive.

The reason why you work so hard.

I’ve seen your heart

And I like everything about you.”

            You quickly sat down and buried your face in your hands. People around you clapped and your ears burned. Thank goodness you had avoided looking at him. That would have given everything away. In your panic, you had skipped a couple of lines but that was okay because those were more intimate, more telling memories you didn’t want to share.

            A chair scraped backwards and someone cleared his voice. Your heart pounded. It was the very voice you had exalted in your poem.

            “I’m going next. It’s called, “You.”

You and all the details that comes with you

The infintesimally small details and the overall you

When you tilt your head and smile at me, my heart

Can you hear it pounding?

When you squint and look at me in confusion,

I want to be the answer to all your questions.

When you’re not looking, I stare at my hoodie on you,

The sleeves ridiculously long, and your fingers barely poking out.

When you’re angry and try to hold it in

When you take a deep breath, I’m all yours.

If you cry, my heart,

Can you heart it breaking?

How can someone so short, so short you only brush my chin,

Have so much power over me?

If you’re happy and laughing,

I can close my eyes and listen to you forever.

When you’re in a tirade,

I sit back, admire your flawless logic, smile when you run out of steam.

If you ever want me to do anything,

I’ll put up a fight, but it’s just so you can beg and whine.

Because it’s you.

Because you’re cute.

Because I’m in love with you.

Because you’re you.”

            “Oh my gosh, Daehyun, I had no idea you were such a romantic,” his friend laughed. You peeked up at him and saw that he was staring right at you. Your mouth fell open. Why won’t he look away? Look away, you thought.

            Daehyun still didn’t sit down. He took a deep breath and left his seat, and started towards you. You squirmed in your seat. “Just go out already!” the same boy shouted as the bell rang and everyone packed up to go. You breathed a sigh of relief. At least you were saved, somewhat.

            Daehyun took your hands in his. “Go out with me?”

            You took a deep breath. When you stared at him, all your playfulness came back. “Silly. What if I was talking about Youngjae?”

            For a heartbeat, Daehyun paled. “W-what?” he sputtered.

            That was when you laughed and threw your arms around him. “Idiot. As if.” And you kissed his nose in another of bravery.

 

requested by leehyunjaeBAP

I changed it up a bit >< sorry~

Gah. Haven't written poetry in a long time. i promise it's not normally this bad

ajkgha 

any ELFs? i need a group hug. yeye ♥