Zelo 30

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Your knees were trembling. You waited for the snowlift to come and took a deep breath. You hopped a little, only to have to jump out of the way. You had acted too slowly and the snowlift came and went. Zelo stomped his foot from all the way up the trail.

            “Come on up here!” he called down. “I’m going to be seventy by the time you get up here at this rate!”

            You frowned and blinked back the flurry of snow that landed in your eyes. You had to be brave. Your knees bent and you hopped on awkwardly, landing just on the edge of the bench. The lift kept moving and you shimmied yourself so that you were seated and held on to the safety bar.

            Your foot jangled nervously as you approached. Zelo held out a hand and helped you off, steadying you as you straightened. He wrapped an arm protectively over your puffy coat and led you slowly towards the start of the trail. “Look, we’re not too high up,” he consoled you. 

            You peered down and gulped. “Not so high? You must be insane. How high is high?”

            He grinned and pointed at the black diamond trails further away. “Those are wicked. But we’re just going to do some basic snowboarding.”

            You looked at him. “Zelo, what are you wearing?”

            The tips of his ears went redder than it had been, quite a feat considering how cold it was. He stammered slightly. “Er, hyung thought it was quite a fashion statement.” You laughed and shook your head.

            “Hey! If you’re laughing about what I wear, I’ll laugh if you fall,” he threatened. This sobered you immediately and you stopped.

            “Okay, demonstrate please.”

            He hopped onto his board as easily as he does with his skateboard. He twisted his hips slightly at different angles and went down with his arms outstretched. He skidded to a stop at a tiny hump and picked his board up. “Come, I’ll hold you as you go down and then I’ll teach you more techniques there.”

            You were nervous as he took your hand in his. You gripped his tightly but he forced you to let go. “If you hold onto me, you won’t be able to balance. This isn’t like ice skating, you need to use the air to help you as well.”

            Your arms were trembling as you tried to maneuver your way down the way he had. Zelo’s hands left you and you panicked, nearly falling over but he caught you by the waist and the two of you skid to a sharp break when the hill flattened out.

            “Don’t do that! I thought you were going to let go of me!”

            He sighed. “I can’t hold onto you forever and we were coming to a stop. I didn’t want to be pulled by you. Don’t panic.” He adjusted your feet. “Alright, first thing we have to work on is stance. You have to have your knees directly over your feet.” He demonstrated.

            “Now what?” You looked up at him and laughed. The wind had blown his overly long scarf into his face and he was struggling with it. “Zee, you really didn’t have to go through all that fashion trouble, you know. You look so uncomfortable.”

            He scowled. “Who said? I’m perfectly happy and super warm.”

            You nodded. “Mhm, okay. What’s next, teacher?”

            “You spread your legs and keep spreading them until you feel strained them move back to the last comfortable position you were in.”

            You started to inch along the board, and he laughed. “It’s not so hard. Don’t look like you have to concentrate so hard.”

            You scowled at him. “I have shorter legs than you okay. It’s kinda hard.”

            “Alright. Next we’re going to move onto focusing on falling. I’ll have you tilt over in different directions so you can practice falling. Don’t look at me like that!” he protested. “I landed flat in my face and had a mouthful of snow once.”

            You looked at him nervously and Zelo pushed you over. You let out a tiny shriek and landed with a mouthful of snow. You sputtered and sat up. “My teeth hurt!”

            He plopped down next to you. “Oh no, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize. But you’re going to get used to it. Sometimes you fall when you least expect it.”

            You fisted some snow and threw it in his face. “Blah! What if I landed on my ?”

            “Well, you need to try to make sure your legs are splayed and that you try to break your fall. Two sprained ankles are always better than a hurt tailbone.”

            He gave you a helping hand up and dusted off your coat. “Okay, now, you’re going to have to learn how to fall from the side. Try to keep your hand out when you fall but do not land on your palms. Try to fall with your head on your arm. Protect all vital organs.”

            You stared at him. “You’re so serious about this. Be a little more fun.”

            “I don’t play around with your life,” he said simply before smiling at you and biting the ends of his scarf.

            Zelo pulled you up to a higher incline and pushed you gently down. “Okay, now place your weight a little to the left and fall off. Cover your head!” You landed as he told you to and he clapped his hands. “You’re quite talented at falling,” he grinned.

            He spent the rest of the day teaching you how to curve your body and control where you’re going. You twisted and fell until your body hurt. When it became darker, you clung onto him. “Zelo, I’m tired.”

            He looked at you. “You’re freezing!” He unwrapped his scarf and placed it around your neck, wincing as the biting air bit into his now exposed skin. He held your hand and helped you onto your board. “Okay. Let’s have a trial run and go all the way down.”

            He waited until you were on your way before he followed suit. You turned a bit and waved happily at him until your board hit the end and you tripped and fell off, landing with your head on your arms, just like he had taught you.

 

requested by waffyeols

sighs, so the girl who's causing all the drama lost all credibility and I basically just knocked her down in the lunchroom

lovely. I hate having to have this high school experience so petty ;; 

OMG BUT I GOT DAEHYUN'S POSTCARD 

ADGKLHADGHADJKH

PERFECTION