Jongup 34

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Jonghae dragged his mom’s hand and pushed with his chubby legs to the front of the large venue. “Appa! Want to see,” he urged his mom, placing his thumb in his mouth and pushing forward. She laughed and accommodated her enthusiastic son by walking faster.

            “Okay, okay, but daddy’s busy.” She looked at the long line of fans in front of her Jongup. He was busy signing and accepting their checks for donations. She smiled. It was good of him to be working so hard for a charity. Besides him, his other members were also convincing fans to help donate to UNICEF.

            Jonghae stopped because a fan had just blocked his view of his father. His chin quivered and he looked around, confused. “Daddy?” he asked. His tiny voice held a hint of fear and he clutched onto his mother’s thumb for reassurance. “Where?” He continued to turn this way and that, trying to find his dad, whom has disappeared.

            She bent and lifted him into her arms. “Right there,” she pointed through the gaps. He craned his neck and smiled, with his front teeth barely in. “Appa!” he shrieked, causing everyone in the large theater to turn around.

            The fans sighed and took pictures of Jonghae. His mother shielded him and they respectfully placed their cameras away but continued to coo over the drooling toddler. Jongup looked up and grinned broadly. He held out both arms for Jonghae and his son squirmed his way across the table and settled in his father’s lap.

            His wife walked behind the table to assist with the staff in getting ready the powerpoint presentations.  Jongup continued to sign the fans’ CDs and Jonghae waved his arms around, causing some of his signatures to go awry. Jongup heaved his son over to the left so to avoid his right arm.

            Jonghae twisted his head left and right and from behind his father, he spied the multiple balloons and gasped. “Appa,” he slapped his hand against Jongup’s arm, trying to call for his attention. “Kerropi?” He asked.

            Jongup turned to look at the balloons and saw the frog character his son was obsessed with. “Yep, would you like to play with him?” Jonghae nodded and Jongup released him on the floor. The toddler crawled and pulled himself towards the balloon before grabbing onto the string and lowering the balloon towards him.

            The little boy amused himself by smashing his palms against the balloon, watching the frog’s face deflate and inflate again. He laughed and experimentally placed the string in his mouth and gnawed on it. Within seconds, the toy was lifted away and a strand of saliva stretched from the balloon’s ribbon to Jonghae’s mouth.

            He blinked and looked up to see Jongup frowning at him. “Jonghae! Don’t ever put random objects in your mouth.” Jongup heaved and picked him up into his arms. He bounced his son and lightly scolded him. “You can choke and the string is dirty. Nasty, nasty,” he rubbed his nose against Jonghae’s soft baby skin.

            The child squealed in delight and Jongup lifted him in the air and turned him in circles. “Whee! Supermen don’t eat everything they see, okay?”

            An announcement came on, telling the members to take their seats. Jongup carried his son back to his place on the stage. They played the video and Jonghae watched as pictures of unfortunate kids flashed on the screen. He leaned forward, and was fascinated by the different hyungs and noonas who appeared.

            At the end, the members stood up one by one and made a speech for the non-profit organization. When it was Jongup’s turn, he walked to the center of the stage, and held Jonghae.

            “I want to thank everyone who came today. Although we said it was a fanmeet, I know that a lot of Babys also came because they knew that we were doing this for a greater good too. Ever since debut, B.A.P has been trying our best to use our status as idols to try and make an impact. Throughout the years we have donated to various charities, and our fans have also donated in our name. Today, we gather again to help UNICEF help children in developing countries.”

            He looked at Jonghae and smiled gently. His son was blinking from the flashing cameras and had hid his face in his chest. He hugged him tighter to him. “I’m standing up here as a father. As a father, I know how precious human life can be and I know that I will, as a parent, use the best of my ability to make sure my child has every possible opportunity to succeed. I know I am not alone in this. I love Jonghae.” At the mention of his name, the boy looked up and blew a raspberry against Jongup’s neck. “I love my son and I am aware of how lucky I am to be able to provide what I can for him.

            But, unfortunately, a lot of parents in other countries don’t have this luxury. They work hard to earn their wages and then have to be as frugal as possible to save for their children. Even then, conditions are not always satisfactory and their kids may still not get the proper nutrition or the education they need. Today, we have teamed up with UNICEF to make sure that we can help raise money to provide malaria vaccinations, fresh water and a backpack filled with supplies for these unfortunate kids. I know B.A.P is not alone, because we also have Babys supporting our cause. Thank you.”

            When Jongup sat down, he had tears in his eyes. Jonghae had grabbed the balloon on the way back to the seat and was happily tilting his head back to watch the frog’s head bob up and down. At that moment, his life was innocent and filled with trivial happiness. Jongup kissed his son’s forehead. “I am very lucky,” he whispered.

 

Daddy Jongup requested by iwllbeyourlucifer

the storyline was inspired by MusicChibi

I wanted to try something a little different today~