Jongup 5

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “And so why did the angel not cross the road?” Your friends shrugged, unamused by your awful attempt at humor. “Because she was scared of going to the other side!” There was a silence and you pouted. “Come on guys! How do you expect me to win the talent show if you’re not going to encourage me and give me responses?” You stomped your foot.

            Your best friend gave you a pained look. “Er, yeah. About that. Why don’t you just go with dance? Sweetheart, humor isn’t your strong suit.”

            You crossed your eyes at her. “You’re so mean! I can’t sing nor dance nor play an instrument. What else do you expect me to do?”

            The talent show was in two days. If you didn’t win, there was no way your crush would ever notice you. You sighed and picked up your bookbag. “I’m just going to go home okay guys? Maybe I can figure out some funny parody and do it. See ya.”

            You started home and muttered different jokes to yourself. You hit on a particular one and was happy because it actually sounded funny. You repeated it again and louder and you heard someone laugh behind you.

            You whipped around and saw your crush walking behind you. Jongup had taken off his earphones and was laughing. Your heart thudded rapidly. He was so cute when he laughed. His head was thrown back and his mouth widened to show off all his perfect teeth.

            “Oh my goodness. Say that one again. That was so funny! You’re a natural.”

            You turned red and he walked into step with you. “H-how long have you been listening?”

            He shrugged. “Long enough to know that if that’s your routine for the talent show, then you can just win! Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever met such a funny girl before. Before when you were talking in that mock deep voice, I had a hard time trying to control my laughter.”

            You grinned and held your head down so he wouldn’t see. “You really think so?”

            He nodded. “Yeah. The humor award definitely goes to you. I’m sort of hoping to win the dance award but there’s that new kid Zelo and he’s pretty good. I wonder if he’s trying out for both rap and dance.”

            You were a bit shocked that he was talking in such an easy manner with you. The two of you had been in the same class since fifth grade and you started liking him when he was your partner in monitoring the bathrooms. He was always really funny but he didn’t talk to you much then and when the two of you changed positions, you stopped talking altogether.

            In middle school and now in high school, you ran in different circles. He had his friends, you had yours. Once in a while, you would nod and acknowledge one another but that was about it. On your part, however, there was a burning crush on him. Obviously, you’ve never told him how you felt about him because that would be embarrassing.

            You had your head down and were concentrated on hearing him ramble on about how you would win and you suddenly tripped. His arms came out to pick you up before you hit the ground. But your bookbag was too heavy and the weight tipped the two of you over.

            Jongup landed on top of you on the ground and for an embarrassing twenty seconds, the two of you just stared at one another and didn’t speak. Then he started laughing again. “Your facial expressions! I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be. Are you hurt first of all?” His eyebrows knitted together as he gave you a hand to stand up.

            He leaned down and brushed grass off the back of your jeans and you blushed at having him care for you. “Are you hurt? I really hope not. I’m sorry. But I was just going to suggest that for tomorrow you tell a really funny story and pull faces. Because your faces are really good! So much expressions.”

            “You think? I was planning on telling a story that would incorporate all the jokes I had before.”

            His eyes lit up. “Yes! Do it. I would be so happy if you won.”

            This offhand compliment surprised you. The two of you weren’t even considered friends and you took a deep breath. “Hey, Jongup, why are we talking now?”

            His eyebrows raised. “Is this another joke of yours? Er because we have mouths and we can speak?”

            You shook your head. “No, it’s just we’ve known each other for seven years and I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to you for more than ten minutes at a time.”

            “Oooohhh, you mean that.” He was silent for a while and you were scared that you had alienated him. “Well,” he shuffled his feet nervously. “I’ve always liked you and I guess I thought you were funny and great to talk to but the thing was every time I tried to say something, I was scared I wouldn’t be funny enough. I mean, you’re humorous and I’m kind of just a bit quiet.”

            You laughed out loud, this time at his expression. He looked slightly embarrassed but more pained at the confession. “Was that confession so hard you have to look like you’re about to die?” You punched him on the arm. “I never talked to you for the same reason! I thought you would think the moment I opened my mouth that I was some sort of freak.”

            Jongup’s face morphed into one of horror. “Freak? No. Maybe an alien, and with those humor skills you have, definitely a clown. But a freak? Never.” The two of you laughed, and you saw that you were at your front door.

            “Good luck on the talent show and I’ll see you.”

            He held your arm. “Whoa, we just confessed to one another and you’re just going to go home? I need to book you for a date. After the talent show. Whether we win or not. Promise?”

            You pulled a pained face similar to the one he had on. “Maybe. If my friends don’t kill me for tickling their funny bone too much.” 

 

Fluff For: 4evaSONELF1509 

I'm sorry sweetie. I've been out the whole day and my brain is fried. But I wanted to update your request and here it is. I promise your next ones will be bettter. Mianhe~