Yongguk 42

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Hey, Yongguk,” you did a tiny twirl to let the skirt of your minidress fly. Your husband looked torn between appreciating the view of your legs and protective exasperation. Your bottom lip quivered just a bit. “You don’t like it?”

            He immediately became alarmed and moved towards you. “No! That wasn’t why I, no, you look fantastic. A little too fantastic. Lady, you’re about to be a mother. Can we not have random strangers checking you out?”

            At these words, you giggled, batting your eyelashes a little coquettishly. You ran your hand down his arm. “Is Gukkie jealous?”

            He coughed and rubbed the side of his nose in an embarrassed manner. “Your stomach makes the dress so much shorter.” He tugged down the hem of the dress, trying to get it to reach your knees but it remained stubbornly at midthigh.

            You laughed and pushed him away. “I’ll be fine! It’s just a party and I’ll have you next to me. No one would dare approach me with big bad you around.”

            Yongguk drove carefully to your friend’s house. She, too, came running out with her stomach high in front of her. The two of you had promised that if she had a daughter, your two children would be getting married. “You made it, and whoa. Va-va-voom! What is this dress?” She turned to your husband. “You let her out of the house like that? I invited a bunch of lonely bachelors to this party you know.” Yongguk looked honestly worried and you patted his cheek.

            “Silly. As if these young ones would want an old lady like me.” But Yongguk remained protectively at your side the entire time. You laughed and mingled with your friends and your previous classmates. They exclaimed over your ring and whispered how hot your husband was. Most of them had met Yongguk at your wedding but they liked to tease.

            The party served as a double baby shower of sorts. Your friend had planned everything but had included both male and female. Some of the bachelors had, as she promised, flirted a little with you, but they backed away when they saw Yongguk coming.

            One of your friends approached you when the band started playing. “Dear Missus, may I have this dance?”

            You accepted his hand gallantly and he pressed as close as your pregnant stomach would allow him to. You giggled. “You’re being downright mean. You know Yongguk would probably have a fit.”

            He looked over your shoulder and barely suppressed a grin. “He’s absolutely livid. I think he’s trying to decide whether to come over here right now or be polite and wait until the song ends.”

            The song was ending. You pressed your cheek against his and patted his arm. “Say hello to your fiancée for me.”

            He winked and let you go. “Don’t tell your husband that.”

            You waltzed back to Yongguk and settled yourself in his arms, your own raised in dance position. “Dance with me, baby?”

            He glared at the retreating back of your previous partner. “Who was he?”

            You laughed. “Yongguk, look at me. I’m married. I’m pregnant. Don’t worry about me. II belong to you, okay? He’s engaged. Now will you dance with me, or are you going to leave me looking stupid?”

            He danced with you a little awkwardly, swaying adorably to the music. You smiled at him, content to stare at him. Your friends were right. He really was hot. You leaned your cheek on his chest, content. Suddenly, you felt a weird gush down your legs and inhaled sharply. Trying to keep calm, you whispered to Yongguk, “I think my water broke.”

            He worked fast. He told your friend and carried you bridal style to the car. You gripped the car handle tightly and took deep breaths. In through your nose, out through your mouth. The pains were coming. Your palms started to sweat. Yongguk glanced at you quickly and pressed on the accelerator.

            There was something wrong. When he took you into the hospital, Yongguk felt his arm grow wet. He looked down when you were rolled in and let out a shout. You were bleeding. The nurses were already asking doctors to come in.

            “Mrs. Bang?” You nodded a little. “You’re having some bleeding. I’m afraid this is hemorrhaging in the placenta. It may have been ripped away from the uterine wall. Luckily, your baby seems to want to come out so we may not have to worry too much. We may have to perform a C-section to prevent too much bleeding.”

            His words were a haze in your mind. You only nodded, your hands gripping the bed sheets tightly. All you could focus on was the pain. The nurses placed a mask over you and you passed out.

            Sometime later, you came to. The pain was gone and you felt weirdly empty. You opened your eyes and heard a strange cooing sound. It was both familiar and strange at once. You turned your head and saw your husband muttering a weird language to a bundle in his hands.

            “Hey, hand him over,” you pretended to snarl. Yongguk looked up and smiled widely.

            “You’re awake!” You tried to sit up but he rushed to lay you back down. “Here, hold him. Isn’t Yongwon perfect? Don’t move too much. The doctors said too much movement may induce the bleeding.”

            “What happened?”

            He kissed your forehead. “The placenta dislocated but we were able to stop the bleeding. You’ll be fine, sweetheart. Look, Yongwon’s hungry.” And it was true. Your baby had started crying.

            You glared at Yongguk and pointed a finger out the door. “Out. I need private time to feed him.”

            He raised an eyebrow. “It’s not anything I haven’t seen before.”

            You stuck out your tongue. “I need time to whisper all his daddy’s secrets to him before you can interfere. I need to get acquainted with my son. For all the time you spent with him, who knows. He still needs to be a mommy’s boy.”

            Yongguk laughed out loud and lifted your chin, kissing you. He pulled away after Yongwon let out another cry. “Okay, but he’ll always know that I’m the one who held him first.” 

 

requested 

sighs, Yonggukkie ♥