Daehyun 37

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You weaved through the crowded tables and sighed. Nobody should be allowed to work on Lunar New Year; it was such a hassle and practically away all holiday spirit. But your parents had asked that you helped out at their restaurant, and you obeyed. The only bright side was that your boyfriend had offered to come by with his family. It was no sacrifice on his part; he loved to eat.

            The restaurant was packed with families who wanted to eat out and you were dead on your feet. Another three hours and it was your family’s turn to rest up and have your own reunion dinner. You walked over to a newly seated table and smiled at the people sitting there.

            “How may I help you?” The woman asked for a menu and you handed them over. There was a rush of cold wind and you looked up to see your boyfriend’s family walk in.

            Daehyun grinned and winked at you, smiling happily. You greeted his parents and his brother. You led them to a table and Daehyun sidled over and kissed your cheek. “You look very hot with traditional clothes on. New Year hanbok?”

            A smirk tugged on his lips. “You do know they’re your future in-laws, right?”

            His brother heard and gave you a huge thumbs up. “I’ll be the first to say my congratulations then!”

            You scowled at him and pushed him into the chair. Your mother looked up sharply. “Treat the customers with respect!” she scolded. You muttered, “Not this one.”

            But his parents took it all in good humor and you placed the menus down in front of them. You walked away to serve another table and Daehyun poked your back. This time the patron was a young man, not many years older than you. He was leaning back lazily in the chair, tapping his fingers on the table.

“Welcome sir. Here’s a menu and I’ll be back with some tea.”

            He smiled at you. “Thank you, Miss. I look forward to your return.” You raised an eyebrow slightly at his weird diction but thought nothing of it. You had more tables to serve. Your brother swerved around you, holding large trays of food over his head.

            “Move, you’re in my way,” he groused. You tapped his cheek, proud of him. Your little brother may be a head taller than you, but you still had authority to embarrass him in public whenever you found necessary. You moved on to clear away tables and went back to the man in the corner with his tea.

            He had not touched the menu and had been instead watching you move around the kitchen. “Helping your parents out?” he asked kindly. You nodded.

            “Do you know what you would like?”

            His eyes never left yours as he said, “Depends on what’s on the menu.” Somehow his words made you shudder but you forced yourself to be courteous.

            “Well, I’ll be back. The menu’s right here.”

            You saw Daehyun’s hand in the air and sighed. You walked over to him. “Yes? What would you like to order?”

            You were polite as you took his parents’ orders and he pulled you onto his lap. “Give me the best things on the menu please. Is there a special for the boyfriend?”

            You stood up and snorted. “You’ll have to try the new dish my mom was making then. We also have ribs and fish is for sure. I’ll have mom make your favorite chicken dish too?”

            He smiled broadly. “This is why I’m dating you. This girl,” he announced to his family, “knows all of my tastes.”

            “It’s not hard, you like everything.”

            You were grinning as you handed the Jungs’ orders to the cook but your smile fell slightly as you realized you now had to go back to the creepy guy’s table. You dragged your brother who was serving the nearby table with you. “Take care of him?”

            He shook his head, a little apologetic. You had told him a little of what had happened. “Sorry, sis, mom needs me to serve three more tables.”

            You sighed and let him go. “Fine, fine.” He shrugged again and walked away.

            “How may I help you?”

            The man looked at you and smiled. He had a nice smile, you suppose. “I’d love to know if you’re on the menu?”

            Your eyes bulged. “E-excuse me, what?” You asked stupidly. The color rose in your cheeks. “I think I heard you wrong.”

            “I asked if pork was on the menu.” You nodded, wondering how you could have possibly heard so wrong. “Good, I’ll have that, and whatever specials this pretty young lady decides to order for me.”

            “Huh?” you looked around for the young lady he was referring to.

            “I meant you, hon. It must be hard to work all day, especially wearing that hanbok. Goodness, my sister always complained about it when she had to wear it. Said it was hard to work properly. You’re really pretty, you know. Any new wishes for the new year?” he was getting very verbose.

            You nodded dumbly and your mom gestured for you to communicate with the customer. “Ah, er, I guess I just want to continue to do well in school and to be filial to my parents.”

            Suddenly, a hand touched your waist. You looked up and saw Daehyun. He had gotten up from his table and was next to you. The customer’s face glowered slightly. “And you are?”

            Daehyun looked at him. You stepped on his foot, reminding him not to offend the customer. “Funny, I was going to ask who you were.”

            “I was having a fine conversation with this young lady. And I believe you’re touching her quite inappropriately.”

            “Ironic,” Daehyun drawled. “Considering how she’s my girlfriend and you were the one verbally harassing her.”

            The man looked imperious. “A man cannot hold an innocent conversation with a pretty lady?” You saw Daehyun’s face turn and quickly pushed him away.

            “Go back to your seat. I got this.” Turning to the seated man, you spoke in a professional manner. “How may I help you?”

            “I gave my order,” he said surly, still scowling at Daehyun. You walked into the kitchen and when you came back, was surprised to see that your boyfriend was once more sitting at the table. He leaned back slightly and popped in the complementary peanuts into his mouth. You rolled your eyes. Even when being your knight, he had to be eating.

            You walked over cautiously with the food. You placed the dishes in front of the customer and shot daggers at Daehyun. He ignored you. “So, like I said, the next time you try to hit on my girlfriend, remember that I’ll be watching.”

            The person opposite him actually managed to look scared. This surprised you. Daehyun was far from scary. He only nodded at you as he accepted his food and Daehyun got up, placing a hand protectively on your back.

            Your boyfriend steered you back to his table and forced you to sit down. “The restaurant is less busy now. You can sit with us.”

            You leaned in and asked, “What did you say to him?”

            “Oh, nothing. Just that maybe I’m the son of a terrible mafia boss and he wouldn’t want to mess with me. Just a cheery thought for New Year’s.”

            You stared at him in disbelief. “What?” he asked you innocently and reached across you to grab the chicken that had arrived. “Let me feed you.”

 

requested by May anon

OH MY HEART

This is probably one of the longest XD

got carried away

新年快乐! Happy New Year~ Monkey Emoticons