Jongup 30

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Oh, look he’s hot. Who? Yo, why is that new kid here? I heard he’s from a family of psychopaths. I heard he got kicked out for harassing a girl. Oh really? I thought it was because he had a relationship with his teacher. He’s not even good looking. Oh, I wonder if he likes girls like me.

            All the words swirled in his head but he didn’t react. His face remained impassive. He slid into his seat and dumped his bag next to him. There was one thing that caught his attention, however. He stared at the back of her head and wondered what exactly was going on in her mind.

            Jongup could read people’s minds only when they were thinking about him. So far he’s had a taste of all his classmates’ voices but hers he has yet to hear. He stared at her and wondered if she even knew he existed.

            Suddenly she turned to stare at him and from her he felt an overwhelming feeling come from her. He still couldn’t hear her voice. Why was that? Surely she must be thinking about him now. He stared back. If she was going to be his subject, his reason for being sent to earth, then surely she shouldn’t be such a secret.

            He placed his chin on his hands and stared at her. “Mr. Moon?”

            He jerked to attention. “Yes, sir?”

            “Do you care to explain to us why exactly the acceleration is as is?”

            He answered with proficiency. He had learned back on his planet the ways of Earth. Immediately the noise started to buzz as the students began to be interested in him once more. He blocked them out and tried to hone in on her. But all the voices he heard he recognized. There was no new voice. He sighed in frustration.

            That night, he went back home and walked in front of his communication portal. “Sir, can you explain to me please what my job here is?”

            “The girl. Keep her safe.”

            That was it. Communication ended. He groaned. How vague could the instructions be? What danger was she in?

            He made it a point to talk to her. The next day, he sat in the empty seat next to her. She didn’t look at him once. But he started to pick up a pattern. When she thought about him, or when he thought she was thinking about him, her waves let off heat which his sensors picked up. He stared at her as she wrote down notes. He observed her. What dangers could she face?

            He tried to talk to her but she was only polite, never initiating anything beyond what he tried. It was quite frustrating. Jongup observed the other earthlings and decided to try a trick. He passed her a note.

            She didn’t look at it. He nudged her and stared pointedly at the piece of paper on her notebook. She sighed and unfolded it. He had written a simple greeting. The corner of lifted and he knew that he had made some leeway. But she didn’t bother responding. He poked her again, indicating that he wanted a response.

            She scribbled a simple hello and pushed the paper back to him. One day, Jongup stayed late after school. He decided he might as well wait for her. She had an after school activity. He lurked around the tree when he saw her walk out. He followed at a distance.

            She stepped off the curb and he heard a car come by. But her headphones were in and it was apparent she had no clue. He moved towards her, and threw her out of the way. She stared at him as her headphones fell out of her ears. “Oh, I didn’t see you.”

            He nodded. “You need to be careful. You don’t know what can happen.” Suddenly the car came speeding back and this time Jongup grabbed her and pulled her across the street. “Someone has it bad for you,” he said, panting.

            The girl looked at him. “How much do you know?” Her eyes were blazing now.

            “What do you mean?”

            “You come from nowhere and all of a suddenly, I’m your number one target? There are tons of other girls who want you, but you don’t pay them a single mind. What are you up to? How much do you know?”

            “Know about what?” he had to keep his mission a secret.

            “You know that they want to kidnap me. I don’t know who sent you but I don’t care. I don’t need you.” She pushed him away and started running.

            Jongup shook his head and appeared beside her again. “Why are you so suspicious? Why do you think that someone had sent me?”

            “There are always bodyguards and none of them have worked. If you must know, I’ve nearly died at least ten times even with them around.” She walked away and this time Jongup let her go.

            But he stayed by her side. Slowly, they formed a friendship. But if he ever hinted that she needed help, or tried to touch upon the subject of her enemies, she would turn quiet and there was nothing he could do to get her to speak again. He still couldn’t read her mind but heard the rumors everyone was saying.

            He wants to be with that loser. I think it’s such a waste that he wants to be with someone like her. Gross, she couldn’t even keep her previous boyfriend. What in the world is that new boy doing?

            But as the month he was allocated came to an end, he didn’t know what to do anymore. She obviously didn’t want his help. He couldn’t stay here; he had to leave. He knew that would be giving up on his mission but there wasn’t much he could do at this rate. If she ever got an inkling of what his real mission was, he would be disposed of.

            That night, Jongup stood in front of the portal. He took a deep breath. His time was up. He started to walk into it. The light shone on him and suddenly, he heard someone call his name. He looked up and forgot to turn off the portal. He stood underneath the bright light.

            “Are you human?” she blurted out.

            He was surprised by her question and shook his head. Now that he was going to leave, surely the truth wouldn’t hurt. She smiled and he took a step back, hitting against the magnetic force.

            She stepped into the circle and he stared. Nobody but a Mato could enter the force without being liquefied. She grinned. “Have you ever wondered why you couldn’t read my mind?”

            This surprised him even more. She laughed and tapped his temple. “Yes, silly. I know your powers. In fact, I know everything about you. I know all about you, because I requested you. Have you ever heard about the legend of the king’s daughter? I’m the daughter. And the kidnappers would be the people you’re working with. They thought this would be the perfect opportunity to bring me back but I know better. I would take away one of their own and keep you. I happen to know you’re valued. And I guess, you’re going to have to stay here on Earth with me now.”

            Jongup’s mouth fell open and she pulled him away from the portal. “Once it leaves, you can never go back.” He watched the beam retract itself and the portal disappear. He turned to her.

“Why?”

She shrugged. “They wanted power and knew that if they could have me, they would. Why do you think they started the organization? All the agents had the same mission. To come get me. Wonder why you’ve been sworn to keep things secret? So none of you would ever figure out what their goal is.”

“But you didn’t keep any of them.”

            At this she smiled. “That’s because I like you. You’re different. The others repulsed me. But you, I enjoyed having tail me.”

            “So you’re not in any danger?”

            “Not until the next agent shows up. And then I would have you by my side.”

            He stared at her. Jongup thought about what he had left on the planet. Nothing. He was an orphan. He looked at the girl who was watching him expectantly. He smiled. “You’re going to be safe now.”

            She tiptoed up and gently pressed her lips against his. “The only danger I’m facing now is falling in love with you.”

 

requested by greasydae anon 

ehh not really sure how this turned out

didn't have a plot, just rambled, deviated

sorry D: 

keke wow 200th story ^^

here's to many more to go XD