Youngjae 28

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The entire gymnasium was filled with noise and everyone was walking around, looking down at the map, shouting when they saw people they knew and exclaiming at the surprises they found. It was the annual school fair and although you were never one for traditions, this once your friend insisted you went before you graduated.

            You had obliged, wanting to see what the hype was about. The biggest buzz this year was the booth which one of the more popular boys was head of. Every single girl and gay guy were excited because Yoo Youngjae had been chosen to head the kissing booth. The booth was known for its eccentric choices; last year the choice had been to kiss a duck. This time, everyone was fortunate that it was Youngjae who was chosen this time.

            “Do you want to go see the kissing booth?” Your friend tugged on your arm. You raised an eyebrow and shook your head.

            “Not really. I don’t want to queue in line for a boy who I have never spoken to before.”

            “Oh come on. You could have a number of choices. You can choose between having a peck on the cheek or seven minutes in Heaven.”

            “Seven minutes in Heaven?” you sputtered. “It’s bad enough that we have to endure one kiss for him? But You also have a choice to be stuck with him for seven whole minutes? Who knows what sort of STDs this boy may have.”

            Your friend laughed out loud. “He actually has never had a girlfriend. All those girls are all just there but I heard he’s never actually dated one of them.”

            You shrugged and continued to walk around the gymnasium. Everywhere there were sounds of people calling for people to their booths. There was laughter and you played games. You walked around, trying to ignore your friend’s pleas until finally you stopped in front of a large crowd.

            The crowd of girls were fighting to reach the front of the line and you saw the face of a bored boy sitting there. Your friend saw you standing there and excitedly went to sign you up. You stared at her. “Erase my name,” you ordered her.

            She shook her head. “You’re next. I signed you up for the seven minutes too. So you can enjoy and then thank me later.” She winked at you and waggled her fingers.

            You saw a girl leave and the sign in sheet picked up. From within the booth, you heard a soft voice call out your name. You walked in, flustered and unsure of what you would do. He sat there and you looked at him awkwardly.

            “So you signed up for the seven minutes?” His voice was flat and you could tell how bored he was.

            You looked at him. “My friend did.”

            He didn’t blink an eye. “Well, er, I guess if you like, I will go over there and kiss you? Or maybe you can come here?”

            “Why are you doing this?” you asked him. “You look so bored.”

            He looked surprised for a second. “Wait, do you not want to kiss me?”

            You shook your head. “Er, I don’t really want to know where exactly you lips have been. I’m kind of scared. But honestly, we can just talk.”

            He smiled. “Today’s actually my birthday. My friend signed me up for this. It really that I have to be stuck here.”

            Your mouth dropped open. “What the hell? Okay, no. I’ll stay here. You can go out there and enjoy the rest of your day. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize it was your birthday. Well, look on the bright side. At least you get to kiss a million pretty girls.”

            “Psh I don’t really want to kiss a million girls. I just want to kiss one girl.”

            You raised an eyebrow. “Okay, then go out there and kiss that one girl!”

            He sighed and pursed his lips into a pout. You giggled. Maybe he wasn’t so bad. He looked like a duck and was really actually quite cute. He sighed. “As if it’s that easy. She didn’t even sign up for my booth.”

            You rolled your eyes and pushed him out of his chair. “I’m right here. I’ll take over for you. I’ll disappoint those girls out there and hopefully none of the guys would want to sign up for this booth. You can keep the money you made.”

            He shook his head and smiled at you. You grinned back, happy to help him. “Thanks a million.”

            All the girls outside protested when they saw him climb out and you watched him shake his head apologetically and try to move out of the way. “Excuse me, excuse me,” he whispered.

            They took one look at you. “Why are you here?”

            You shrugged and casually applied lip gloss. “I guess the kissing booth director decided that they were going to use someone else. Would any of you ladies like to sign up?” They gave you a disgusted look and walked away, muttering their anger. You smirked and placed your foot up on the table. The signup sheet was there but you knew there would be no purpose. Once word spread that Youngjae had left, nobody would want to come.

            You reached into your bag and took out your book.

            “What are you doing?” your friend was furious. “I signed you up to make out with Youngjae, not to take over. Goodness, you should hear everyone cursing you out. They’re so angry. Their last chance, their only chance, and now it’s been taken away.”

            You smiled and waved. “Peace. This is what you get for sticking your nose into other people’s business.”

            At least half an hour passed where your booth was completely empty. Suddenly a shadow fell over you and you heard a familiar voice say, “Hmm, a pretty lady like yourself shouldn’t be so alone.”

            You looked up and saw Youngjae smiling at you. He held out a small cake and signed his name. Next to the time, he wrote, “however long it takes,” and climbed in. He closed the curtain and smiled at you.

            “However long it takes?” You asked him.

            He smiled. “Yes, however long it takes for you to agree to kiss me. It’s my birthday so be nice.” 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOO YOUNGJAE

You're finally a man~

Keke, this is for more years to come.

My poor edits :3