Zelo 22

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Argh! If you don’t go on the ride with me, I’m going to haunt you forever!” Zelo threatened. You waved your fingers at him and shook your head.

            “That threat would work, but I like you too much. You can feel free to haunt me after you die. I swear, the air pressure is going to make your head explode.”

            Zelo rolled his eyes and beckoned to you. “Come on! You’re being so melodramatic right now. You won’t die and the death rate is only one in five hundred thousand. I’ll be right down there to catch you. You’ll be fine.”

            You squeaked. “You’re going before me? So you’re going to leave me alone all the way up there?” you pointed a shaking finger at the towering apparatus.

            “Well, we can’t both go at the same time. That would be too dangerous.”

            You felt tears well up in your eyes. You hated heights with a passion. You had been a little kid when you accidently fell out of the window of your three story home. Luckily for you there were bushes to cushion your fall or you wouldn’t be here today. You tugged on Zelo’s sleeve and he looked at you.

            “Come on, the aegyo isn’t going to work. I really want to do this. It’ll be a great experience! When I jump I get to scream your name and it’ll be fun. Please? It’s my birthday,” he cajoled.

            You bit your lip, debating whether to tell him the truth or not. He looked at you earnestly and his eyes rounded. You knew he had been looking forward to this and you had promised that you would go along with whatever he had wanted to do.

            “You promised,” he whined.

            You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. “Fine. But I’m going first. That way if I die, my death will be on your conscience.”

            He grinned broadly and kissed you. “You’re the best, babe. It’ll be so much fun! I’ll hold you until we reach the top okay?” You got up shakily and still debated about whether you should tell him or not. He skipped happily and the two of you took the elevator to the top.

            Zelo turned you so your back was to the glass walls and hugged you to his chest so you wouldn’t have to look at the rapidly rising view. You trembled and he hugged you tighter. He sang softly in your ear and you tried to calm down. All you could remember was the tug as gravity pulled you from the ledge and the pain of the scratches later.

            You let out a tiny scared moan and Zelo looked at you. The elevator was still rising. “Are you this scared?” he asked. You nodded and he let out a tiny sigh and you knew what he was going to say. “Let’s go back down.”

            You shook your head. It would be so unfair if you backed out now. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “Make up your mind. You’re shaking. I can feel you. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize how scared you are. And now I’m offering you a way out and you won’t take it.”

            Your eyes filled with tears and you felt the elevator had stopped. You looked behind Zelo to see and saw that he pressed the stop button. “I don’t want to ruin your birthday,” you whispered.

            His eyes softened and he took his hand off the button and swept your hair behind your ear. “Babe, it’s okay. If you’re scared, I won’t force you. You can take the elevator back down and I’ll go back up later. You can wait for me from the ground.”

            You shook your head. “I need to conquer my fears.”

            He pursed his lips and stared at you. “Is there something you aren’t telling me?”

            You stared at his chest as you told him about what happened to you when you were a kid. When you got to the part about falling off the ledge and tumbling onto the bushes, Zelo hugged you and kissed the top of your head. “Bah, you should have told me earlier.”

            You wrapped your arms around him and breathed in his comforting scent. “It’s okay. I guess I can’t be scared forever.” The elevator dinged indicating that the two of you had arrived. Now your nerves came back.

            Zelo gripped your hand and led you down the platform. The workers grinned. They recognized from your knocking knees and the comforting touches Zelo kept giving you that you were one of the scared ones. “Don’t worry, honey, you’re perfectly safe,” they smiled at you kindly.

            Zelo pulled you aside and he placed his fingers near his eyes and made a monster face. “Argh, I am the Zelo monster. If your fear dares come out, I will scare it away, rawr!” You giggled and pushed him away.

            “So embarrassing,” you muttered. He grinned and kissed you until you pounded on his chest to get him off. “The workers are watching,” you hissed.

            He blinked at you innocently. “Yeah, what if one of us don’t make it then wouldn’t you regret not kissing me one more time?”

            You bravely walked towards the harness and they strapped you in. You gulped and peered down. Zelo took your hand and walked with you to the edge and kissed your temple. “I’ll see you down there.”

            You shut your eyes and tried not to hyperventilate. The workers gave you the signal and you jumped. The air surged towards you and just like you remembered, gravity was pulling you. You bit on your tongue to resist the urge to scream. You could hear Zelo calling out encouragements and before you knew it, the rope stopped uncoiling and you were slowly spinning towards the landing platform.

            Once you had your bearings, you looked up. Zelo waved happily at you and jumped. “I love you!” he shouted at the top of his lungs and you laughed at his attempt to make a heart in midair.

            Minutes later when he joined you, he slung an arm over your shoulder and you leaned in. “Did you have a good birthday?”

            He nodded. “Yes, and thank you for overcoming your fears for me.”

 

requested by MusicChibi

OMG I CANNOT STOP REBLOGGIGN DAEHYUN AND JUST EVERYONE AT GDA AND URG

okay

gotta go study for calc again....

Last final and then second term senior

we outtie :P