Daehyun 32

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Daehyun groaned and threw an arm over you. “Can’t you take her?” he groaned.

            You smirked and pushed your husband away. “Nope, sorry. You donated the , you need to come along. Besides, she hasn’t seen you in weeks. You were always away. Time to spend quality time!”

            There was pattering of feet and then a squeal as your daughter launched herself onto your bed. “Daddy! No more hugging mommy. Let’s goooo, you promised,” she whined. Daehyun groaned and Jaylie sniffled. “Appa doesn’t want to be with me,” her voice wavered and you grinned underneath the blankets, knowing that your sly daughter had her tactics.

            Immediately, Daehyun shot up and hugged her. “Nope, I was just because my back hurts. Come on, mommy will make you breakfast while I go get ready. Do you want mommy to come along too?”

            You stiffened. You had wanted this entire day to yourself. You poked him, your action hidden by the blankets. He let out a yelp of pain and Jaylie furrowed her brows. “Come on, go get ready!” she demanded.

            Daehyun rolled you out of the bed and you shrieked when you fell onto the floor. “Go make breakfast for our daughter,” he stuck out his tongue and you grumbled, irritated at him.

            Your daughter bounded after you and you cheered up when she watched you make her breakfast. She swung her legs in the air and grinned. “I bet daddy’s still sleeping. Mommy, can we pour water on his head?” she suggested.

            You turned around and stared at your five year old in shock. She grinned, the gap between her teeth making her appear innocent. You grinned and winked conspiratorially at her. “I like the way you think. But only this once okay? You can’t do this to everyone. It’s only because daddy’s being lazy and needs to get up or else we’ll be late okay?” She nodded and you filled a cup with cold water.

            The two of you snuck up the stairs and you clapped a hand over your mouth. Jaylie imitated you, trying to stifle her giggles. You tipped the cup over his sleeping body and the trail of water dripped down his head.

            “Argh!” Daehyun shot up and groaned. He saw the two of you laughing and scowling. “I’m getting up.” As he passed you, he poked your ribs. “You owe me tonight,” he growled, narrowing his eyes at you. You stuck your tongue out at him and went to help Jaylie change.

            Daehyun was grumpy when the three of you got into the car. He was quiet and had brought his face mask. You were a bit regretful, afraid you had gone too far. To make it up to him, you entertained Jaylie during the car ride as she chattered away.

            He got out of the car wordlessly and you took Jaylie’s hand. “Come on, let’s go see what rides you want to go on.”

            Your daughter stopped walking and stared at her father. “Appa,” she tugged his hand softly, “what rides do you want to go on?”

            His eyes met yours and you could see him melt. He grinned and pulled down his face mask. “Which ones do you want to go on?”

            She pointed at the tallest ride there was. Daehyun gulped. You knew his fear for amusement rides. “Honey, I think you’re a little too young to go on those rides,” you told her.

            She pouted. “Daddy, go on it for me? Please? I want to know if I want to go on it when I’m older.”

            “It’s your day, sweetie. Shouldn’t you be the ones going on the rides?”

            But your daughter was adamant. She blinked and pulled down the corners of . “Please? I want you to try it. Tell me if it’s scary or not.”

            You were helpless and you could see Daehyun floundering. This was not his day. You placed a hand on your husband’s arm, trying to convey your sympathy. He glanced down at Jaylie. You could see that he was torn. Every father would want to please his child, and yet this was one of his biggest fears.

            He forced a bright smile. “Anything for you, Jaylie!”

            She grinned and clapped her hands. “Appa’s the best. Mommy, can we go on the merry-go-round and watch daddy from there?”

            Daehyun gamely saluted you as he went to stay in line. “Your knight will be back for you, my little princess!” he shouted to Jaylie as she waved happily back.

            You watched him very carefully, biting your lips out of nervousness. You teared up a bit, thinking about how brave your husband was to face his fears just to please his daughter. You saw Daehyun get onto the cart and saw him take a deep breath. He grabbed onto the hand bars and you saw his eyes widen as the ride started.

            He tucked his head down and you remembered a moment when the two of you were dating. He had been ashamed to show you that he was scared and had gamely gone on the ride. You were terrified and screamed, expecting him to laugh at you. However, you were shocked to see his entire face turn green and knew that he had just been lying to impress you.

            Now you wrung your hands, worried that he would get sick. He was getting older and this was not a safe ride for him to go on. Jaylie clapped. “I see him! His arms in the air! Mommy, look!” she scrambled on top of the moving horse and you held her down.

            You watched carefully and only let out a small sigh of relief when the ride came to an end and you saw Daehyun stagger off. He raised his hands in victory and gave an exhilarated whoop when Jaylie got off the ride and ran to hug him.

            “Daddy, you were perfect! Was it fun?”

            He nodded. “I’ll take you when you’re old enough. Now, do you want to go to the water rides?”

            Later, when Jaylie had ran ahead to get on line, you whispered to him, “Was it really that fun?”

            He scowled. “You really owe me tonight.”

 

requested by absolutebap and shadowkitsune13

I hope you guys enjoy~

I'm sorry to everyone who wanted a sequel for the Zelo. One, I don't really have time to deviate from the request list. Two, I ended it in what I thought was a pretty obvious manner. If you want to imagine that he eventually gets the girl, go ahead ^^ But I think I'm going to just have to shelve this and if any of you want a rated Zelo when requests are open, go ahead. Hopefully, he;ll be older then. OTL