Daehyun 28

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You rushed out of the house, pulling your sweater over your arms. You had to meet your little sister and she was going to be annoyed if you were late. Apparently, she had a great blind date set up for you and you “must show or else all sisterly affections would be finished.” Oh why did your alarm have to malfunction today of all days? You were tripping over your heels and trying to keep from dropping your keys.

            There was a loud screech and a blaring car horn as you accidently stumbled out onto the streets. You saw flashing headlights and closed your eyes, prepared for death. The screeching brakes grated your eardrums. You heard the tires squealing as the driver attempted to stop. A dew seconds later, you felt the force of metal plow into your leg and you were flying.

            The moment Daehyun turned the corner, he knew it was not his day. He had to hurry and go meet his friend. She had insisted he meet up with her and now he was going to be late. He had not only woken up late because of a broken alarm, but he couldn’t find the clothes he has set up the night before.

            It was also a new neighborhood, so he was unsure of how to drive to the café she had wanted to meet him at. He also had just gotten his license so he was a bit wobbly at the wheel. The moment he turned the corner, the tires had slipped and he lost control.

            Daehyun had enough common sense to step on the brakes but not before a figure ran out into the streets. Just his luck. He let out a string of curses and when he felt the impact of metal against body, his heart plummeted. He looked down and grimaced. Please, let her be okay. He cautiously got out of the car and tiptoed over to where his victim lay.

            You let out a tiny cough and were surprised that it didn’t hurt when you opened your eyes. You pushed yourself up and nearly keeled over in shock. There was a very handsome face next to yours and the person looked so panicked, you couldn’t help but wonder if something wrong had happened.

            “Are you okay?” the person was earnest. He clapped his hands before your face and waved his palm in circles. He held up two fingers. “How many fingers am I holding up?”

            This was all too much for you and you attempted to push his hands away. “I’m not dead, you know.” Then the car crash a few seconds ago hit your memory. “Wait, or am I?”

            The person’s face fell and he looked terrified. “Please tell me you’re not dead.”

            This was mind boggling and confusing at the same time. “Shouldn’t you know if I’m dead or not? You were the one who hit me.”

             “My name’s Daehyun and if you want to sue me, please don’t. I don’t think you’re dead because I’m talking to you but I’ll gladly take you to the hospital. Please, get in the car.”

            You glanced at the vehicle warily. “You just hit me with that thing. I highly doubt I’ll ever recover enough to get into the car with you.”

            He looked ashamed. “But I need to make sure that you’re okay! I can’t just hit you and run.”

            You giggled. Your head was starting to throb and you could feel the beginnings of a goose egg start to form. “On second thought, maybe I do need to get things checked out. I’m still a little groggy, and your responses to my statements are making me too giddy. This is not normal.”

            He looked a little confused and rubbed the nape of his neck. “Er, okay. I’ll drive really slowly, I promise. I’m just new to the neighborhood.”

            Your wit was slowly coming back and you shot him a look. “New to the neighborhood or just new to driving in general? Because nobody rounds a corner that fast. I swear, one minute the streets were empty, the next you were careening and sliding towards me.”

            Daehyun let out a nervous laugh. “Aha, I guess you caught me. I just got my license a few days ago.”

            You let out an incredulous yelp. “Just a few days ago and you already have an accident in your record? Oh boy.” You closed your eyes and he placed an arm around you so you could have some support. “I feel bad for all the pedestrians who happen to get in your way. I hope your driving career is illustrious and safe.”

            Daehyun bent and picked you up bridal style. “Okay, you’re babbling incoherently. I think that I have enough experience as a premed student to know that you may be suffering the aftershocks of a tiny concussion. We’re going to the hospital now, Miss.”

            You clung onto his neck. “You smell really good. Wow, I’m glad that the person who hit me is so good looking and nice smelling. I can sniff you all day. Wow,” you let out tiny giggles. “I feel like a princess being carried away by a prince. This must be my lucky day. If only-”

            He placed you into the passenger’s seat and suddenly your words escaped you. You froze and Daehyun stared at you. “Oh snap.” All your senses came rushing back to you and you tried to get out of the car. “My sister! I was supposed to meet her today. She’s going to be so mad at me. She told me no excuses.”

            He firmly closed the door and got into the driver’s seat. “I’ll take you to the hospital. You can call her from there. I’m sure she will understand.”

            “No, she won’t! She told me that she was setting me up with someone and that if I blew this date, she was going to skin me alive. Ouch!” You had accidently slammed your head back against the car seat.

            Daehyun pursed his lips. “If it matters to you this much, I guess I’ll have to take you to your sister first. We’ll explain then she can decide whether she wants to sue me or not.”

            You smiled at him gratefully. “Thanks. You don’t understand. She’s a total nutcase. My sister, but a total loon.”

            He grinned. “Just tell me where.” You took out your phone and showed him the directions. Just in case, you buckled your seat belt and was surprised to find the café was only a few blocks away.

            He got out with you and pushed you gently in to meet your fate. Your sister saw you and beelined straight over. “Finally!” Then her eyes fell on the person next to you. The two of them had dumbfounded looks on their faces. “This is your sister?” Daehyun asked at the same time she blurted, “You already know Daehyun?”

            You looked at the two of them and your sister took in your touching hands. She grinned triumphantly and waved her arms. “You need not explain anything. I should have known my matchmaking skills would transcend over time and distance. You didn’t even need me to formally introduce you two! Perfect!” She grinned widely at you and ruffled the back of your head, touching the lump that had been swelling over the past few minutes. “Good job sis. He must have really knocked you off your feet!”

 

mwahaha Daehyun request for kittygoesrawr

I hope you enjoy hon!

OMG IN A FEW MORE HOURS. AKHGADJKGHAD