Himchan 15

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Guys, you can stop looking for the turkey now. Children? We have to go to grandma’s house soon. Mommy will not be pleased if we’re late.” Himchan called from the front lawn. He really regretted letting them wander off in the large playground. The playground was fairly small and he had searched in most of the crevices.

            “Have you seen my son and daughter?” he frantically asked joggers as they passed. All of them shook their heads.          

            “Come on! Himjong, grandma will have your favorite pumpkin pie! Hana, if you want that Barbie doll, I suggest that you get out now, young lady!” His voice was getting hoarse and soon the sun was going to go down. Where could two children go? To make matters worse, his phone was starting to vibrate. He didn’t need caller ID to know exactly who was on the other line.

            “Hey, baby. I have the kids. They’re just not willing to stop playing.”

            “Himchan, we need to go!”

            “I know, give me a few seconds. Himjong! Hana! Grandma’s waiting!”

            “Hurry. I don’t want to deal with her scolding if we’re late again. I don’t need a repeat of Christmas.”

            He ended the call and tromped up and down the park, kicking through piles of leaves. Bursts of giggles sounded behind him and he twirled around. Nope, not his children. But he walked up to them.

            “Hey, have you guys seen-”

            “Run, Mina, run! Stranger danger! Appa says not to talk to creepy old ahjussis in the park!”

            Himchan was affronted. Stranger danger? He had kids of his own! Creepy old ahjussi? He was wearing a decent looking suit and was most certainly not old. Children these days. He shook his head and continued down the path that he swore Himjong had pointed to. A shrill ringtone sounded again.

            Sighing heavily, he answered, “Yes honey?”

            “Himchan, my mom has called me consecutively for the past five minutes. Where are you? Why did you allow the kids to go hunting for a turkey that never existed in the first place?”

            “It’s family tradition!” He argued, completely glossing over her first question. “You know the kids look forward to finding the turkey every year! How can you, as a mother, just let something of such meaning and passion just die because your mother decides to be impatient?”

            “Please. I don’t need to hear her complain today. Just get the kids back. Do you even know where they are?” Now she had an accusatory tone to her voice.

            “Of course,” he was offended. “Why would I not know where they are? What type of father do you take me for?”

            “For a bunch of kids hunting for a turkey, they’re pretty quiet.”

            Himchan panicked and ran to where other kids were playing and hurriedly scratched the ground, shuffling leaves everywhere. “Can you hear them? I was away from them so I can hear you-hello? I can’t- I’m breaking.” He ended the call once more. Aish. If those two brats don’t show up now, I’m going to be skinned alive. Forget that turkey. It’ll be Happy Himchan Day.

            He jogged around, completely disgusted that he had to crease his new shoes. There was a tiny shriek and then an, “Oppa! Do you see a turkey yet?” in the distance. Himchan put on a burst of speed and ran in the direction of the soccer field.

            He saw two black heads running around, chasing each other, laughing and screaming. “Children! Come back!” One of the kids looked up and Himchan stopped running. Nope. Most definitely not his son. Himjong was way more handsome than this one. How many kids came here to find turkey?

            His phone started to vibrate noisily in his pocket. “Yeah?”

            “Himchan, you lost them didn’t you? You can’t find the kids now and you’re probably trying to find them. How could you? You lost our kids!”

            “Relax. I didn’t’ say I lost them. You’re jumping to inaccurate conclusions. I see them right now. They disappeared for a second and that’s because the tree covered them. They’re fine. They are determined to find the turkey.”

            She let out a screech of frustration. “End the damned game, and tell them that the turkey does not exist. My mother is about to drive over herself.”

            “Okay, I’ll call them. Himjong-ah, come on!” Himchan shouted into the distance. He quickly replaced his phone and sped up in search. Nobody saw them. Kids were crawling everywhere in the grassy area and yet none of them were willing to help.

            He circled the park three times before finally collapsing on his knees. He was way too old to be doing this. Himchan tried to catch his breath when he saw a familiar skirt breeze by him. “Hana!” he barked.

            The figure stopped giggling and stopped. “Appa! We found the turkey! We found the turkey!”

            Himchan raised an eyebrow. “But there is no-”

            From somewhere behind the public bathrooms, Himjong came out, leading a very ruffled looking chicken. “Appa, the turkey!”

            Himchan’s eyes traveled down the horizon and saw a large sign advertising a chicken farm and groaned. “Kids, put that chicken back!”

            “Chicken?” Himjong gasped and with a loud squawk the chicken flapped its wings and escaped from the little boy’s arms. 

 

Himchan requested by you know who you are :P

GAH THAT PICTURE

FLAWLESS OKAY

F L A W L E S S 

HOW WHY

AJKDGHADJKHADH 

and B.A.P finally took first :D Keep voting y'all it's all fun XD