Daehyun 24

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You checked your watch impatiently and peered out towards the driveway one more time. The entire street was still empty and you couldn’t see headlights indicating that a car would be coming back any time soon. You walked back into the house and went upstairs to change.

            It was so typical of Daehyun to have forgotten the dinner he had especially planned for. He was always busy these days but the neglect that he was showing was almost to a degree of utter carelessness. You wanted to not be mad. It was just one dinner. One dinner out of many others that he had cancelled.

            You lay on the bed and decided to catch up on your reading. You didn’t want to be angry and pick a fight with him. It was a miracle you have dated so long without ever having an argument and you wanted to keep it that way.

            Sometime later you heard the front door open and decided whether to go down or not. A selfish part of you wanted to see him come upstairs and beg for your forgiveness so you decided to indulge yourself just this once. You stayed in the room and heard him walk around the house.

            The refrigerator doors opened and you heard it being slammed shut a few seconds later. “What the hell? Why is there no food in the house? Ya!” He called your name. “Didn’t you make dinner?”    

            Your blood ran cold. So he didn’t even remember. You tried to breathe but the onslaught of angry tears made it impossible for you think rationally. You wanted to kick him. Instead, you forced yourself to walk calmly out the door. “What’s up?”

            Daehyun turned to you with an angry glare. “Why isn’t there any food? What the heck, woman? You’re home at an early time. What’s so difficult about preparing a meal? Honestly?”

            You forced yourself to be polite. It was no use arguing with him and screaming. “Daehyun, we were supposed to go out to dinner. You told me not to make anything.”

            His face was blank for a good few seconds before he reacted. “Oh damn. But what did you do then? Just sat around and moped? Were you purposely trying to rebel by not making me dinner? You know I work late, and you know that if I wasn’t back in time, the plans would be cancelled. I bet you ate.” He was starting to adopt a snarky tone and crossed his arms. “I bet you’re all full and you didn’t think once about me.”

            You were jolted to rage by the indignation of this accusation. “I work pretty hard myself, you jerk! I tried so hard not to call you because this is only the twentieth time you’ve canceled or forgotten. You told me that you would remember this time!”

            He sneered. “Oh so, this is your way of punishing me right? I’m supposed to always remember and it’s not your job to remind me anything?”

            “I didn’t want to bother you! I know that if I called, you would be forced to leave and then that would be an even bigger mess.”

            He laughed sarcastically. “So instead you keep quiet, and stay home, pretending to be a poor damsel in distress? That’s disgusting.”

            You pulled yourself up to your maximum height and tried to fight back the tears that were forming. “You’re horrible, Jung Daehyun. I’m sorry I forgot to make dinner. I’ll make it now. Let me through.”

            He barred your way and shook his head. “It’s too late now. I’ll just crash over at Youngjae’s. I bet his girlfriend kept him well-fed and happy.” He pushed past you and walked out the door.

            The tears were coming in a torrent now and you cried, unable to understand what had just happened. This wasn’t the Daehyun you knew and you hated that he was so cold, so unaffected, so not understanding. You cried because you felt hopeless and there was nothing you could do to change anything.

            You woke up sometime later to find a blanket over you and a figure at the seat of the couch. You didn’t move because you were scared that Daehyun was still mad at you. You kept still but your steady breathing must have stopped because you felt his hand cup your ankle. There was a slight fear in you.

            “Babe?” he whispered. “I’m sorry. I was an idiot. It was completely my fault I forgot and yet I blamed it on you. I didn’t mean to. Please, I’m sorry. I was more mad at myself for breaking my promise to you. I knew I had plans but I couldn’t remember what.”

            Your heart warmed and you sat up. Daehyun looked at you sorrowfully. You knew you didn’t want to be a pushover but this was so small an argument, it didn’t matter. You leaned your forehead against his. “Did you have a bad day?”

            He sighed. “That’s no excuse anyway. I’m just sorry, and I love you.”

            You smiled and kissed him, feeling him wrap his arms around you and pull you in for a deep hug. “I know. It’s okay. I know my baby can’t go without eating anyway, you fattie.” He cracked a small smile at the affectionate jab and you patted his cheek. “Did you eat?”

            He grimaced. “No wonder Youngjae lost weight so quickly. That woman can’t cook anything but rice and beans.” 

 

plot requested

will probably update two more times today

gah, running a fever though D: