Daehyun 21

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            If you had a camera and quick reflexes, you would have gone right ahead and taken multiple pictures of his reaction. It wasn’t because it was funny, because, oh dear no, it wasn’t. But it was just so the next time he proclaims to be faithful to you, you can pull it out on him, just for a little fun and torture.

            But currently, your least concern was the future. At the moment, you had a boyfriend to take care of. “Ahem,” you cough, not so delicately, trying to get his attention.

            Daehyun’s neck was craning in what he thought was a subtle way but the degree at which he was moving his neck was slowly increasing as he followed the girl down the streets. His mouth was agape and his eyes were round as saucers. “Damn,” he whispered. That did it. You stepped on his foot.

            He yelped and hopped up, holding onto the injured foot. “What did you do that for?” he yelled.

            Much to your embarrassment, the girl turned around and Daehyun gasped. “Whoa, wait. Jinhee, is that you?”

            It was your turn to be shocked. He knew the girl? Her face lit up and you had to give it to her, she was beautiful. “Daehyun!” For some miraculous reason, she was able to run back in her five inch heels and throw herself into your boyfriend’s arms. Lovely. “It’s been so long!”

            “Yeah,” he was starting to stammer. You examined him closely and saw that the tips of his ears were red and, oh your heart, he was starting to blush. Jung Daehyun has never blushed before. Ever. Not even when you rejected him in front of the entire school, he didn’t blush. And now here he was, positively turning tomato red because of some girl he happened to know?

            “How have you been?” she linked her arm with his and leaned in naturally.

            “Er, pretty well. You moved and wow, we just never had any contact. It’s so nice to finally see you again, and er, well, this is-”

            “I’m Daehyun’s friend,” you said firmly as you gave out your name, putting emphasis on the friend part. You studiously avoided the confused look he gave you and only beamed at the girl. “We went to school together.”

            “Oh, nice to meet you. I’m Jinhee. Daehyunnie and I used to date like way back in the day.”

            Oh. Well. That explained things. Daehyun started to finally look uncomfortable and you wanted to laugh. Stupid idiot. He got himself into this in the first place. You pretended to look happy.

            “I would question your taste right now, but I wouldn’t want to offend you. I’ve known Daehyun since his years in college and believe me, I have never found a girl who would date him for longer than one month.” You grinned and Jinhee chuckled.

            “Maybe oppa was still waiting for me? It can’t possibly be his fault.”

            “Oh, but it can.” You shot him a look. “I know for a fact that he’s probably very, very single right now.”

            It was a mystery to you how Daehyun could possibly have missed your point all this time and how he was still quiet and not talking. This boy was really going to get the boot later. “Oh, are you?” Jinhee turned to bat her eyes flirtatiously at Daehyun.

            “Er, actually,” he gave you a desperate look and you shrugged. “No.”

            “No, he doesn’t have a girlfriend,” you finished for him. “I’ll leave the two of you to reminisce and catch up on old times. Maybe grab a coffee or two later, you know, do that thing couples do when they get together after many years. Tootles,” you waggled your fingers and walked off.

            Don’t cry. You must not cry, you ordered yourself. You tried so hard not to turn back when you heard her laugh. Daehyun can do whatever he liked. You, on the other hand, were going to go and party and have a good time.

            You went home and decided to change into something, anything that was going to get you guys. Who cared about Daehyun when he had the beautiful model ex-girlfriend to entertain? Gah, you wanted to throw something at the wall. He was so stupid. So. Freaking. Stupid.

            “Where in the world do you think you’re going?”

            You nearly jump out of your skin and you clutched your dress to you, cursing yourself for not locking the bedroom door. Daehyun stood by the door and watched you. “Dude, I’m changing. Leave.”

            His lips curved into a grin. “I highly doubt that’s in my job description. I remember the manual clearly stating: ‘When beautiful girlfriend is practically undressed and conveniently placed in bedroom, the Daehyun is supposed to seduce her and get her out of the remaining clothes and onto the bed.’”

            You blushed and threw your comb at him. “Euw, get out of here, you greaseball. You were just flirting and chatting it up with Jinhee. Don’t think I didn’t see your eyes follow her down the streets.”

            At least he had the decency to look embarrassed. “Yeah, I’m sorry about that. But I swear, when you were going on and on about how I was single and stuff, I thought you may have gotten madder if I refuted you.”

            You were near tears. “No, you dimwit. You were supposed to tell her that you weren’t single, and that she had no right to hold your arm like that.”

            “But then it would have been obvious that you were jealous.”

            “I’m not jealous,” you said shortly. He grinned.

            “But baby, you are. Trust me, you would have not reacted the way you did if you weren’t jealous.”

            You sat down on the bed. “But she’s so gorgeous,” you mumbled.

            This made Daehyun laugh out loud. “She’s alright. We just dated because I didn’t really want to have her brother mad at me. If anything, I’d say, she has a nice body and that’s about it. You’re beautiful inside and out.”

            You threw a pillow at him. “You’re just saying that.”

            “Keep throwing things at me. Preferably that dress you’re currently trying to hide behind. If that’s the punishment I’m getting, I don’t mind talking.” He winked at you as the dark blue fabric came flying at him.

 

Daehyun request for jjangqueen

Plot was my idea XD I decided to go for a little bit different tone? 

I hope you guys like and: take a look at this please