Yongguk 24

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You were juggling your phone and your son in your arms, trying not to drop both. “Yes, he’s had a fever for the whole day. He’s been colicky and crying.” There was a pause as the secretary tried to assess the situation.

            “Are you sure he’s sick? Three year olds tend to be irritated very easily.”

            You exploded. “Excuse me! I think I am very well aware when my son is unwell, thank you very much. I think I’m aware when I need to take care of him. Currently, I feel that he needs to see the doctor right away.”

            The secretary sighed over the phone. “I suppose you cannot wait, ma’am?”

            You lost all patience. “May I get your name? I need to contact your supervisor about this. A toddler is currently sick and you are refusing him help. Very well. I can find myself a more capable family doctor.” You knew full well that this threat would hit home. The clinic was family-run and the doctor was her husband. But no need to let her know.

            Your son tilted his head back and cried. “Mommy, my nose is cloggy,” he complained. You kissed his cheek and tried bouncing him around, trying to comfort him. You walked over to the sink and ran his towel under cold water before placing it on his forehead.

            The elevator music ended and she was once more back on the line. “I think I can schedule you for the next hour. Please arrive promptly and hopefully the doctor will see you.”

            “On it.” You shut the phone and stuck the towel into his ears, knowing that it was a critical spot and would help relieve his fever a bit. “Just wait a little longer, Yongwon, mommy’s taking care of you,” you soothed the child.

            Your husband walked into the kitchen, having just arrived home from work. “Is he any better?” Yongguk asked you.

            “No, his fever went up and I’m going to take him to the doctor’s now. I harassed the wife into giving me a spot in the next hour.”           

            He shook his head in amusement and kissed your forehead. Yongguk took Yongwon from your arms. “I’ll take him. You should rest. Your eye bags are getting more prominent, panda bear.” But his smile was soft and you took his teasing. Your son wrapped his arms around his father’s neck and leaned against his wide shoulders. “Aigoo, you’re so warm. Come on, Wonnie, appa’s taking you to see the doctor!”

            You walk out the door with him. “I’m coming too. If I don’t, I’m just going to sit at home and go insane.” He gave you a look and you sat in the passenger’s seat, holding Yongwon to you.

            You rubbed your baby’s back as he hiccupped and giggled to the happy children’s songs. He leaned his head wearily on your shoulder and clapped his hands slightly to the bouncy rhythm. Once in a while, your eyes would meet Yongguk’s over the top of his head and you would exchange worried glances.

            You took Yongwon in first and filled out the sign-in sheet. When his father came in from parking the car, your son squirmed away from you. Yongguk picked him up on his lap and brought him over to the play area.

            He held up blocks and Yongwon reached out to touch them and he clanked two wooden shapes together. There was a moment where his tiny body stilled and he wracked with tiny spasms before sneezing. “Ah-choo,” he sneezed and a runny line of water trickled out of his nose.  

            You watched as Yongguk fearlessly used his hands and wiped the snot away. Your son turned to look at his father and grinned, secure in the knowledge that his daddy would always be there for him. You handed him a napkin and he wiped your son’s nose carefully. “How about we sit down and appa will tell you a story?”

            Yongwon settled in and Yongguk rocked him slightly back and forth. His deep voice was calming for the baby and your son reached a hand up to play with Yongguk’s finger. He gripped it tightly in his own small fist and smiled, coughing every once in a while.

            “Bang Yongwon?” the nurse stepped out of the office and Yongguk stood up with you following his lead.

            The three year old turned so his face was in Yongguk’s shirt. You tried to control his tiny whimpering by holding his pinky. “Yongwon, how are we feeling today?” The doctor was a smiling man. He gave no indication that you had just recently threatened to close down his clinic.

            Yongwon peered out from his hiding place and gestured to his father. “Ah, he has a fever and a cough. Every once in a while he’ll feel better but right now, he’s still burning up. He hasn’t had the energy he normally has.”

            The doctor patted the examining table and your son squeaked. “No, scary,” he mumbled.

            Yongguk placed him there and kept his hand on the child’s thigh, holding him in place. “Appa’s right here.” Yongwon unconsciously leaned in and you smiled, happy to see how attached your son was to his father.

            When the examination was over and medication was prescribed, Yongguk picked up the now sleepy boy. “Take him home. I’ll get the medication for him. Tuck him in and I’ll be back soon.”

            You kissed him gratefully. “I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you. I was freaking out the whole day.”

            He grinned and saluted you. “Take care of my baby.” You saluted him back and nodded, smiling as you watched Yongguk get into the car, speeding off to help his son. 

 

Daddy Yongguk for charliekim

I SWEAR THIS COULD NOT HAVE COME AT A BETTER TIME

MY HEART

ADKGHADGHADJGHA