Daehyun 18

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Daehyun, it’s almost Jaylie’s birthday. Do you have any idea what you’re getting her?” Your husband leans back against the couch and continues to look at the score he was just given. “Hello? Are you paying attention?”

            He turns the page and sings a few notes. You walk out from the kitchen and stomp over in front of him. You snatch the papers away. “Jung Daehyun! I am talking to you!”

            He looks up, and scowls. “I heard you the first time. And yes I have a plan. Just let me think of it first.”

            You look down at the papers. “You’re having another comeback? B.A.P never takes a break. You’re going to be gone touring for another month, another cycle and your daughter’s birthday is just going to be overlooked? Can you focus a little more on her and a little less on your work?”

            Daehyun squints his eyes at you and sighs. “Do you have any ideas?” His voice held only a small hint of accusation.

            “No, and that’s why I was asking you. But at least I am thinking about it and not just goofing off.”

            “Goofing off?” his voice rose a few octaves. “I’m working okay? I need to pay for Jaylie’s college tuition eventually and I need to work. You, on the other hand, are still doing law school. Your part-time job isn’t going to help get Jaylie through elementary school.”

            You took a deep breath. This was not a good time to fight with your husband. He had a comeback and you had a major exam due. Better to let things drop now. “Okay, but we’ll have to think of something. Her birthday’s in three days. It’s not every day your baby girl turns three.” You smile at him and give him back the song sheets.

            Daehyun blinks gratefully at you and smiles. “I won’t let her down.”

            You give him a dark look. “You better not,” you mutter.

            Your mother rings the bell and immediately, Jaylie runs in. She beelines to her father and wraps her arms around his shins, clearly a daddy’s girl. “Daddy, grandma and I made cookies today! Do you want to try some? Mommy, can I drink juice? Grandma only had milk.” She was rambling on and on.

            Daehyun laughs and puts down his work to pick her up. “Let’s go drink some orange juice so the little princess can grow tall and have strong teeth.”

            Your mother laughs and waves goodbye. “Don’t let Daehyun spoil her too much.”

            Before Jaylie went to bed, she was allowed an hour of television. She sat on the sofa and hugged her blanket to her. Daehyun was in the living room, singing lullabies to her. “Daddy! Look! I want Brownie!”

            “Brownie?” He turns to the television screen and sees an advertisement for a giant stuffed huskie.

            “Brownie can bark, Brownie can wag his tail and Brownie can show his affections for you!” the announcement said. Jaylie squealed and clapped her hands, pointing excitedly at the screen. “Limited edition, in stores now until they’re all gone!”

            “Daddy, can Jaylie have Brownie?” she turned to Daehyun and tugged on his pants. You walk in and exchange a look with him. Daehyun nods and turns to Jaylie.

            “How about the little princess go to bed and dream about Brownie? It’s hard to get him, so how about daddy gets you something else instead?”

            Jaylie started to pout but Daehyun cuts in, singing her favorite lullaby. Her attention diverted, Jaylie starts to clap and hum along. You tuck her into bed and she clings onto her stuffed Kekemato doll and smiles as she fell asleep.

            You looked at Daehyun. “You handle getting her Brownie, I’ll plan the party.”

            His mouth dropped open. “Yeah, give me the harder task, why don’t you? Because I don’t already have so much to do.”

            You raised an eyebrow. “I have to plan everything else and make sure that your daughter gets to invite all her friends over. I need to cook. You just need to buy one thing. Don’t complain.”

            Daehyun scowled. “I’ll go tomorrow.”

            He searched up where to find the toy first. Shaking his head at how complicated kids can be, Daehyun left practice earlier. “I’ll see you all at the party tomorrow, okay?” But it didn’t matter how many toy shops he went into, they all had sold out. He came home empty-handed.

            “What happened?” you asked him. “Weren’t you supposed to get that stuffed dog?”

            His face was dark when he looked at you. “How much have you gotten done?”

            “Me? Well, I have all the decorations ready to go and I’m getting the moms over to help cook later. These parties are always joint efforts.”

            “Well, aren’t you lucky? I’m stuck having to find a needle in the haystack. They apparently all ran out. I don’t know anywhere with it.”

            “Find her something else.”

            Daehyun turned away. “That’s easy for you to say. I’ll figure something out.”

            He spent all his free time looking up stores with this oh so exclusive Brownie. “Hyung, I’m going to need to leave earlier. I need to buy Jaylie’s present,” he told Yongguk. The leader glanced at the recording progress and nodded.

            “We’ll be there tonight! Good luck finding that dog. I heard nobody has it.”

            Daehyun had found one store that was having a limited edition selling of it. The mass giveaway would be starting in an hour. Daehyun checked the time and tried not to freak. He might be late. And he knew there would be an ungodly number of people waiting on the line.

            He sped, not caring that he could be breaking rules. His daughter came first. He pulled into an empty spot and ran out of the car. As suspected, there was a ridiculously long line. He saw the crowd and immediately started worming in between the women waiting on line.

            He smiled and charmed them if they tried to protest. They were all looking over to see how many were left. He would feel bad, except Jaylie’s happiness mattered more. He finally reached the front and snatched the final remaining toy only to feel someone else tug on it too.

            He turned to look at the potential thief in disgust. She was a pretty young lady and was pursing her lips at him. “Excuse me, I got this first,” she said.

            Daehyun laughed and yanked the toy against his chest. “I think not. I clearly had the stronger grip.”

            The girl stomped her feet. “I need this for my sister! She’s been wanting this since forever.”

            This didn’t tug on his heart. He had a daughter to take care of. “Well, this is for my daughter’s birthday.”

            There were gasps in the crowd as the women began to recognize who he was. But the girl still shook her head. “If I don’t get this for her, she’ll be nagging me for a long time.”

            The reason was atrocious. Daehyun scoffed and decided to go for the dramatic. He was being a con artist, but no matter. He used his famous range of vocals and went up higher, pretending to be in distress. “If I don’t get this, my wife will divorce me. Do you want to be the cause of a breakup of a happy marriage?” He hugged the toy and tried to look severely upset. The women in the crowd gasped slightly. “I promised her I would get this for my baby girl. How can I, as a man, back off my word like this? Please.”

            The girl wouldn’t budge. “I’m more important.”

            Immediately, Daehyun’s façade snapped. He rolled his eyes and pursed his lips. “How rude. Kids these days, only thinking about themselves. No, you are not more important. My daughter comes first. I’m sorry.” He glances at his watch. “I don’t have more time to waste talking to you. Good day.” He smiles at the women in his way. “Excuse me.” They parted to let him go and the girl was left screaming at him from across the store.

            Daehyun cursed to himself. He was going to be late. When he got back home, all the other members must have arrived with their families because the entire house was lit up and noisy. He slipped in and saw you in the kitchen.

            “Mission accomplished,” he whispered and you give him a harried thumbs up.

            “Daddy! I love you!” Jaylie’s pipsqueak of a voice piped up amidst her happy cries. She hugged the giant husky to her and stared up at the two of you with shining eyes. “Thank you for giving me Brownie.” She smiles happily and buries her nose into the gray fur, completely ignoring all her other presents.

            When she fell asleep, still hugging the toy to her, Daehyun turns to you. “Oh boy, I have to tell you the story as to how I got this.”

            You glance at the sleeping angel, wrapped in her blankets. “Amuse me.”

 

Daddy Dae request by charliekim

I hope to hear from you ^^

GAH FEELS that gif, when I saw the clip adghajhad