Jongup 18

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You placed your phone down. The weekends have been especially empty ever since you broke up with your boyfriend. Jongup always managed to find free time to come and see you but this time, you had no more plans.

            You twirled your pencil in your hand and stared out the window. Now seemed like a good time to catch up on the books you had always put off. Maybe now you can immerse yourself into fantasy. You grabbed a book and settled in your seat. You read each line, wanting to convince yourself that you were hooked but you found yourself staring at your phone every ten minutes.

            It took a lot of willpower not to chuck the device across the room. You moved away from it and settled in on the other end of the couch. Anything to refrain from having to think about it. It was a breakup that happened after a fight. You had wanted it to be over, and over it now is.

            You played with the corner of the book, trying to concentrate. Your phone rang with a shrillness that surprised you. You eyed it, hoping it wasn’t Jongup, half praying desperately that it was. You picked it up and your heart plummeted with a disappointment you weren’t expecting.

            “Yeah, what’s up?” you tried to sound chipper but your friend tsked.

            “You act like I can’t read right through you. I know you’re hurting girl. But remember what had happened. You wanted to break up with him.”

            “You keep reminding me of that. Is there a reason? I’ll honestly say I don’t care.”

            “You’re moping. You’re miserable. Tell me again that you don’t care. Stop it. He wants you back. He practically announced it to the entire world. You heard him at their concert.”

            “I did,” you replied dully. “That was four days ago. He still has yet to make a move. I don’t think he really meant it.”

            “He’s busy. They just went to Thailand and just came back. Give him time. Maybe he wanted to do something more personal, not just a phone call begging you to come back to him.”

            “An indication that I exist would be nice.”

            “I’m going to repeat what I said just a few minutes ago. You. Wanted. This.”

            You stared at the phone as if it were offending you. Your friend was still scolding you Your head hurt. You pressed the end button. The silence was a brief relief until suddenly all your insecurities rose once more. Maybe Jongup had been lying.

            Your phone went off again. You checked the caller ID and saw that it was the same pest who had scolded you. You switched the phone to vibrate. It began to buzz against the table at every five second interval, informing you of an influx of texts.

            You looked and saw that it was from Zelo’s number. Since the breakup, none of the members have contacted you as well. That had made sense. They would stick by their member. You saw that Zelo had given you a picture message. You clicked on it and saw that it was a ticket.

            Because I think Noona should really come – Jello

            Your heart warmed slightly at the nickname he had used. The ticket was for a concert tonight. You knew now that they had just come back from Thailand. Instinctively, you fell into protective girlfriend mode and worried about their health. Jongup had been coughing the last time you saw him. Would he be okay?

            You printed the ticket and stared at it. Three hours for you to make a decision. You didn’t want to go. But Zelo had asked. You wanted to go, but Jongup was there. You decided on going but leaving before Zelo could seek you out.

            When you got there, the stadium was packed. B.A.P was already on stage and warming up, goofing around. Jongup was on the stage, doing pushups. Your heart ached when you saw the wide smile on his face.

            The lights on stage brightened and the spotlights came on. A banner unfurled behind the members. “To All My Babys,” it wrote. The performances did not disappoint. It never did. Jongup’s dancing was adorably insane. He twirled amongst the members, turning round and round like a little kid. You remembered the two of you joking about his goofing off during a performance. But there was no way he was referencing you.

At the very end, when they were doing a small talk, Jongup grabbed the microphone. He was panting into it as he spoke, “There’s someone really special in the audience tonight. A week ago, we broke up because she was being mistreated by some fans. This week, I’m back in Korea and would like to ask her to come up.”

            A few fans had recognized you and they were encouraging you to go. You felt rooted to the spot. “I see you. Come down, please.” Sure enough, Jongup was staring right in your direction. With shaky legs, you walked down towards the stage. He pulled you up and held onto your hand.

            “We didn’t break up because you stopped loving me. This time, Babys have promised me to be more accepting. Can you take my heart back?”

 

Jongup request for 4evaSONELF1509

Sorry it's a bit short. I has to do something for mom XD