twenty-two - I'm sorry.

We're Married!

Here's the next chapter! I'm so happy that there was votes. LOL. they make me happy. Comments make me happy too! Comment, please! :) LOL. but on with the chapterrrr! There's a little [LOL, read: most of the chapter] family history in this chapter! Sorry because it's short! 


Mother knocked on the door of my room around midnight. She sat at the edge of my bed and sighed, "I'm sorry."

I was about to say something before she shook her head, "No, I really am. I know I wasn't much of mother to you. I hope you'll forgive me." 

"When you were born, I was so happy. I finally had another daughter who I can give all my love to. Your father wasn't happy. You moved a lot, you were really active, sometimes it gave me pain in the middle of the night. We had to go to hospital a lot. Your father suggested we abort you, but I never did. I was angry at him for even thinking of doing that to you. I endured all the pain you gave me and that's why your father doesn't like you." She began, she moved to sit beside me and then continued. 

"He despised you so much, that he wasn't even there when you were born. Not even for me. But then, that didn't matter to me. All I wanted was you, my baby. I held your aunt's hand and I knew that what I was doing was worth the pain. You were worth the pain." She smiled weakly at me. 

She took a deep breath, "Every single time there was an occasion that concerned your father, that required for us to come along, he'd never tell me or you. He'd just come out with it at the last minute, and send you off to your aunt. Your aunt didn't mind at that time, she had no kids but she always scolded me. I couldn't do anything."

"As you grew up, that was like a tradition. It just kept going. Every time there was something that was going on, you're always shipped off to your aunt. She was angry but she knew she couldn't do anything. That was until one day, she told me she wanted to adopt you. I disagreed straight away. You were mine, she couldn't have you. I knew you'd have a better life with her, but I just couldn't. It was like you spent most of your life at your aunt's." She laughed bitterly. 

"I hated the fact that your aunt knew more about you than I did. I wanted you to love me just like you loved your aunt. I knew you hated me already, so one day, I just decided to...you know, be cold. So when you left for your aunt, it wouldn't hurt." She had tears streaming down her face now. I had to keep it in, though it stung bad. 

"You never did leave that was until you left completely without telling me. That hurt real bad. And that was when karma slapped every time I'm reminded that you weren't going to come back." She sighed, "I'm so sorry, baby."

"I know that isn't a good enough reason for me to not love you or be a great mother for you, but that was just it. I loved you too much, it hurt. I'm sorry." I sighed and nodded slowly, "I understand."

She pulled me into a hug, and I sighed as I hugged back, "I'm so sorry, baby." She muttered over and over again. 

I'm not sure what happened afterwards. I remember telling my mother about my husband, and how he wasn't picking up any of my calls. I showed her pictures of him and she only laughed or smiled at how I was such a fan girl of him. I cried in front of her, and she comforted me. I told her of my plans of going back to Seoul to talk to him. She told me to calm down and that everything happens for a reason and that I shouldn't just do anything without thinking. We traded stories and then I remember falling asleep. 

This was the first time that I have slept with a little weight off my shoulders. I guess it was okay to give her a chance. She was my mother. The next day, I woke up and ate breakfast peacefully. 

Mother smiled at me once I finished eating m breakfast, "You want to know  a secret?" 

"Okay?" I asked, unsure. 

"I didn't actually wanted you to marry that guy." She wrinkled her nose. I laughed at her and then shook my head, "Mother."

She shrugged, "Honestly!"

I shook my head again, and was about to say something before Hana interrupted me, "Sis, there's a call for you." 

"From who?" I asked, looking at Mother and then back at Hana. 

"Oh, from-"