The Day After

Hit Me

Writers note:It's a short one but i'll try to make another chapter today.

Meeyon's POV

I can’t sleep.

I know what happened because Jonghyun called me but still I can't sleep since I’m so worried about Ha Neul. I think this is the first time she's ever been refused or has actually confessed to someone. I always thought it was unhealthy for a 19 year old girl to not ever talk about boys further then ''Oh, he is so cute....no thanks I’m not looking for anyone right now but you can go talk to him if you want to.''. But this is not the reality I wanted. Uuugh.... stupid Jonghyun quote. I’m not sure who I should scold Jonghyun or Ha Neul. Either Ha Neul for having the worst sense of timing ever, Jonghyun for leaving my poor baby alone in Seoul while being so upset or both for being so damn stupid all the time.

I always knew that she liked Jonghyun. Kind of like the parents of gay people always have known for years. The way she talked to him. But also the way she talked about him. In both situations she would look so annoyed and irritated if it wasn't for  her eyes that gave away how much she enjoyed being around and talking to Jonghyun. If any other boy but Jonghyun would say stuff like that to her she would probably beat him up. But Jonghyun was special and you can see how much she treasures him.

Unlike me she actually likes Jonghyun for his character instead of his body. I wouldn't mind getting him for the night but boyfriend? HELL NO!!He is way too childish and annoying. She is just pure like that while I’m a pretty rotten person, I know I am. But I want Ha Neul to stay the same pure semi-tomboy that she is now.

Oh God and not to mention we're going to have to see each other in a few days. Well I guess I will scold Ha Neul in the morning and Jonghyun at the shoot.

Ha Neul

''I love you, I’ve always loved you, Ha Neul. I was just too stupid to admit it''

''Do you really mean it?''

''Yes of course, to me you are the prettiest girl in the world. You are funny, caring and smart. I was wrong for not telling you earlier.''

''I love you too, Jonghyun''

His eyes lit up in relieve and happiness and he smiled the brightest smile I had ever seen. At that moment he was so beautiful I thought my heart was going to burst.

But then everything became darker the sun that was shining happily with a smile on its face hid behind the clouds along with the sound of a storm coming up. And then everything beneath me including Jonghyun started moving or rather I started moving. It was then that I realized I was hanging out of a train window. Jonghyun face became sad and he stretched his hand out to me, I grabbed it and he walked along with the train faster and faster. Tears started filling in my eyes. He whispered my name trough his pants until the train was going too fast for him to run along but even when he was far out of hearing range I could still hear him whisper my name over and over and over..........

''Ha Neul....Ha Neul....Ha Neul sweetie, wake up''

A hand on my shoulder woke me up. It was Chinsun.

''Ah, Good morning, Chinsun-unnie.''

There was something wrong why did I feel so down that early in the morning? Then everything of the day before hit me again with its full power.

And it was then that I needed to make a discision.I could sit along all day crying like a little child and waste my precious time or I could keep myself busy and actually do something with my day.

I chose the last one. It might seem like I am either heartless or moving on too fast but I don’t want to be the kind of person who let’s little things like a broken heart stop me from doing what I need to do.

It’s a good thing I’m also an actress.

‘’Hey Unnie, How are you today?’’I said as cheerful as in my ability.

‘’Uh, fine. But how about you.’’She asked. She was closely examining my face and she looked a bit suspicious.

‘’Oh, I’m fine. But I’m so hungry.’’ I pouted and then laughed.

She looked at me as if I was some kind of joke ’’Do you honestly want me to believe that? I’m not stupid, you know?’’

Play dumb.

‘’What are you talking about, Unnie?’’I asked with a bright smile on my face.

Chinsun examined my face again. I could see that she saw right through my façade or maybe she just knew that no girl would be THIS okay with a rejection or forget it so fast, and for a second it looked like she was going to say something but then she changed her mind and sighed ‘’Let’s just go eat some breakfast.’’

I came out of my bed and we walked to the dining table where Chinsun had already made a full Korean breakfast. Meeyon was already sitting at the table and when I went to sit down she watched my every move very carefully.

‘’So…..’’ She started slowly while carefully watching everything I did.’’What’s up with the stupid smile.’’

‘’Thanks for criticizing my smile like that, Unnie.’’I said jokingly and forced a laugh.

She laughed cynically ‘’That’s not even a smile that’s more like a creepy murder doll.C’mon Ha Neul,I mean you play in a drama so if you’re going to fake a smile at least do it right.’’

Chinsun was just watching our conversation from her seat and didn’t say a thing while putting the chopsticks in .

I can’t give up ’’I REALLY am fine.What happened is nothing.I SWEAR.’’

‘’Fine play dumb,but there’s just one thing I need you to know,next time you decide to do something so rationally please call me first cause this is what you get when you don’t have any experience with boys.’’She said while accusingly pointing her chopsticks at me.

She continued ''Where in the world did you get the idea to confess to a boy that already has a girlfriend.''She stared at me and when I kept looking at the table she sighed and facepalmed.''That only works for me,I don’t want you to get in that kind of trouble.I really don't know what to do with you sometimes.How can a person be so smart but so clueless at the same time.''

I stared at my food and really didn't feel like talking about anything related to......a certain person ''Let's just eat,Unnie.''

''Fine.''

I think Meeyon felt bad after her rant and was nice to me for the rest of the day she and Chinsun didn't say anything about the incident.They did all kinds of stuff to make me feel better.We went to the mall,they bought alot of clothes for me,we went to see a movie and drank some coffee at my favourite coffeehouse(the one that me and.......well you know THAT PERSON always went to.).But even though i had fun the gloomy feeling stayed in the back of my head and everytime i was thinking how nice they were,i remembred why they were so abnormally nice to me today.

It was about 6 o'clock when we came home and Meeyon said that we had to be sleeping around 9 because we needed all the rest we could get for the cf shooting the next day.

.

I totally forgot about that. I'm gonna have to face that person again......and not in a week or a month, but tomorrow.

Chinsun probably saw the panic on my face before i could hide it and poked Meeyon and then pointed at me.

''Don't worry sweetie,we'll make sure you don't have to say anything to Jonghyun if it's not extremely neccesary like a tsunami or something like that.''Meeyon said.

''Or like they decide to chance something in the script.''Chinsun said.

''No, that's not important enough,i'll just kill the writer.''Meeyon said,looking at me hoping i would laugh.

I only smiled vaguely.

That night in bed.I felt almost as nervous as the night before our debut.

Knowing that tomorrow i would have to face.

Kim Jonghyun