~Prologue~

Eyes Like Stars

Yumi gingerly walked down the hard, stone-paved road leading to the JYP Entertainment building. Looking upwards here caramel eyes gleamed with excitement. ‘Today was the day,’ she thought. Scanning the overwhelmingly tall building once more, Yumi continued her jolly skip towards the heavy doors and pushed her way in.

Breathing in the scent of hard work and success, Yumi did her little self-encouragement movement. Both hands balled into two small, round fists, Yumi punched the air lightly and whispered, “Ganbatte~” (Good luck/Go for it!)
Soon enough though, Yumi’s fighting spirit died down as she saw all the talented girls and boys crowded in the waiting room, warming up, putting on more makeup, and chattering away as if they were best friends already. Feeling out of place, Yumi moved silently to the far right wall and began to fiddle.

“An nyoung ha seh yo!!!” A pretty girl with rosy cheeks and stunning facial features had approached Yumi.
Stunned that someone would talk to her immediately, Yumi returned the greeting, stuttering with her awkward Korean.

(NOTE: keep in mind that this girl is talking in Korean but I’m writing in English for the rest of her lines because I don’t know Korean myself!)
“Looks like you’re new, eh? First audition? You’re Korean is a…bit off…Are you perhaps foreign? Where you from?” The pretty girl smiled. Yumi, not knowing anything that the girl said just smiled and gave a small wave.

‘What is she talking about? Oh geez…I can’t speak a word of Korean!’ Yumi thought to herself.

“Kim Sunah, number 223!”

“Ah that’s me! Hope you do well! See ya laters!” The girl with the rosy cheeks gave Yumi a cute salute and bounced away to the door and into the audition room. Yumi, looking downwards saw her own number. 229. Good…she had time in which she could practice some more and get the butterflies out before going into the audition room.

Suddenly the squeals and fangirl shoutouts were heard from all over the room, and it became quite chaotic.
“? What’s going on?” Yumi stood on her tiptoes and peaked over a boy’s shoulder to catch a glimpse of a few bodyguards and a young man walking toward the audition room.

Yumi breathed and stared. That young man was…perfect. From his absolutely perfect body figure to his angelic face. Those eyes were gentle yet they pierced deep, down into the soul. His walk, that of a model not exactly “strutting his stuff” but casually and had a tad of a musical bounce to it.

“MOVE IT!” Yumi was suddenly broken from her magical trance, and shoved hard in the kidney. Staggering to the ground, no one took notice and continued their fan cheers of “OPPA <3” and “SARANGHAE!” Struggling to get up, Yumi gasped to the girl next to her and pointed. Shrugging her shoulders at the girl to signal the question, “who is he?” The girl looked Yumi from head to toe and sneered. Taken aback by the rude behavior, Yumi gave up and limped to the edge of the room that was not occupied….
“Ow…” she cried out.


Nichkhun’s side of the story:

Glaring ferociously at his manager who foolishly grinned and shrugged, Nichkhun drew a sharp breath and looked away.
“I can’t believe you’re making me do this,” he grumbled.

“It wasn’t MY decision Nichkhun, it was JYP’s. You’re going to that audition to help judge the applicants and that’s that.”

“Uh hu, sure. I bet many of them are not interested in actually getting in. They’re more interested in meeting a celebrity.” Nichkhun sulked.

“Well fine then, sulk as much as you want,” the manager was losing his patience too, “but when we get to the JYP Entertainment building, this negative attitude is to be gone and you will enter with a smile.”

As the car pulled to the building, Nichkhun did was he was told. He shook off all the thoughts and pasted on a smile. Walking through the waiting room was hell. It’s not that he didn’t like all the fans he adored his fans and wanted to thank them. What made him turn though was the fact that all these people weren’t really here to audition because they were passionate about singing, dancing, or modeling. It was because they wanted to get closer to all the big stars.

Scanning the room for a few seconds, Nichkhun spotted a girl who was rudely staring down a short, cute girl. He noticed the cute girl looked as if she was in pain. ‘I hope she’s okay,” he thought, concerned and forgetting his purpose on why he was there. He saw the girl limp towards the corner and watch silently as the rest of the fans hoarded him.

“Okay, leave the boy alone!” The manager gently pushed fans out of the way and lead Nichkhun towards the audition room door. Stuffing him inside, the manager held up his hand as if to notify everyone, “Yes the superstar is here! You’ll see him later.”
Nichkhun, cracked open the door to peak at the girl once more to see if she was okay. He felt an extreme emotion of wanting to rush to her and pick her up. He felt the need to protect her. He wanted to know her...