The Encounter

THAT GIRL IS MINE

 

Chapter 8
The encounter

 

 

JaeHa and Junsu were sitting in the living room, watching TV. It was Saturday morning and the two don’t have any plans on what to do. Jaejoong went very early to the company and couldn’t spend his time with his brother and cousin. Except for the servants, JaeHa and Junsu were the only people in the house. It was a tiring and boring morning.

Junsu was about to fall asleep when he jerked up as he heard the phone ringing. JaeHa too tired to move from her place, ushered Junsu to answer the phone. He lazily crawled towards the side table and picked up the phone.

“Yoboseyo.” He said sourly. He sat up straight as he heard a familiar voice on the other line. ‘Yah! Su-aahh. It’s me, hyung!’

“Ohh, hyung!” Junsu said. “Why did you call? Left something?”

Junsu nodded as silence came over the next line. ‘I knew it’, he thought mentally. He became quiet as he was listening on the other line.

“Nae, arasseo.” He heard the other line clicked. He put the phone away and turned to his cousin, who was now half asleep. Her eyelids were half close. “JaeHa…”

JaeHa turned her sleepy head slowly to Junsu’s direction and raised her eyelids timidly to look at him fully.

“Jaejoong hyung asked us to bring his files to the company.” Junsu explained slowly. “He left it again.”

JaeHa shrugged. “You go bring it to him. I’m too tired to move.”

“But Jaejoong hyung wants US to go there.” Junsu then stood up then started dragging the sleepy JaeHa upstairs. Too lazy to protest, she let herself being dragged.



Thirty minutes later, Junsu and JaeHa were standing outside Jaejoong’s office, with his secretary Taeyeon who was busy answering calls. When her last call finally ended, she gestured the two to enter the office. Junsu bowed to her in thanks as JaeHa walked in to open the door. 

As they entered the office, they saw Jaejoong sitting behind a desk, too much engrossed on his laptop. As he heard the door creak, he looked up to see JaeHa, standing on the doorway, looking at him mischievously. Junsu entered the office next. As he saw Jaejoong, he ran instantly towards his hyung and gave him a very tight hug. Jaejoong, knew Junsu was hugging him tightly, but knew better than to tell him. He also knew Junsu missed him so much. They rarely have brother bonding, and Junsu thought they could have it now.

“I missed you so much, hyung.” Junsu said with his muffled voice. Jaejoong heard he was sniffling, and he pulled away from the hug to look at his brother. He frowned.

“Yah!” Jaejoong said soflty. He chuckled seeing Junsu’s nearly reddening eyes as he starts tearing up. They didn’t see JaeHa walking towards them, standing beside the table looking at the brothers whom she thought have not seen each other for years. She smirked. “Why are you crying?”

“*sob*… I… just *sob* missed you *sob* so much, hyung!” Jaejoong nodded then wiped the tears of his brother. Junsu immediately calmed down and smiled at his hyung. “You look so cute, Su-ahh. You should stop crying, you know. You’re already seventeen. HeHe.”

“Hyung!” Junsu was about to say something but JaeHa cut him off.

“All right, enough with the drama already!” She made a toothy grin. She swings a black bag and dropped it on the table causing a loud bang. “Here are your files that you FORGOT to bring. Next time, don’t forget your things, arasseo? You know we’re not ALWAYS here to bring it for you.”

“Love you too, Jae-Jae!” Jaejoong grinned at her causing JaeHa to give her a glaring look. “By the way, the reason why I want you to come here is I want to have lunch with you two. I know it seems pretty boring at the mansion and I heard you two have nothing to do.” Jaejoong stood up from his chair and went across the room, into a small closet and he grabbed his coat. He walked towards the door and faced the two who didn’t even move from their places. “I heard Yoochun went to Japan and he’ll be home tomorrow. So I guess you’d be stuck with us, Jae-Jae.”

“Oh, you stop calling me Jae-Jae.” JaeHa said irritably. “I already took you off the list of those whom I gave rights to call me that. You are so irritating.” She walked past Jaejoong and Junsu and opened the door and got out first.

“Love you too!” Jaejoong said again. JaeHa scowled. Junsu giggled at the attitude of the two. 



They reached the ground floor when JaeHa remembered something. She searched her pocket for her phone but she couldn’t find it. She dropped down on her knees and searched for her cell phone on her bag. Junsu and jaejoong noticed JaeHa wasn’t following them so they turned around to see her on her knees searching something on her bag. Junsu walked back and bent down. “What’re you looking?” 

Jaejoong growned. “Of all the places you could look for something, you have to sit in the middle of the hall.”

JaeHa wasn’t listening and continued looking for her lost cell phone. JaeHa started to panick. She has to find her phone. All she could think of right now was find her phone because Yoochun would call anytime. She hurriedly returned all the things she scattered back into her bag and stood up.

“You go on first. I have to find my cell phone.” And without waiting for their reply, she hurriedly went back inside the elevator. When she reached the upper floor, she dashed outside towards Jaejoong’s office. She saw Taeyeon not bothering to wave at her but she said: “I left my phone inside, Taeyeon-shii.”

JaeHa scanned the room. It didn’t take her a while to find her cell phone on the edge of the desk. She picked it up and went out of the office, smiled at Taeyeon then left. She flipped open her cell phone and gasped to see 2 missed calls from Yoochun and 3 messages. She read each messages. 

She was too occupied reading that when she turned left, she fell on her . She groaned in pain. Realizing after what had hit her. Still feeling the pain from her fall, she looked at the thing who caused her to fall, knowing that it wasn’t a thing but… a handsome man who was already on his knees getting to stand up, he wiped the dust that was on his suit then looked at JaeHa with mad eyes. She looked at him back, her eyes widen, not because the man was angry at her but because he just looks so handsome. And tall. And… tan.

“Yah!” the man said and JaeHa snapped out of her thoughts. She just stared at him and it irritated him more. “Don’t you have eyes? Watch where you’re going!”

JaeHa gave him a pout. The man became silent as he watched her still sitting on the floor, pouting and was about to cry. ‘You dare shout at me, huh!’ she said mentally, smirking. JaeHa faked to cry in front of the man who started panicking. “Y-yah! Why are you crying? Get up!”

JaeHa didn’t budge but continued on her acting. The man easily gave up and lends a hand so she can stand up. JaeHa instantly took the hand of the man and she stood up. She smirks. The man looks at her, confused. But then suddenly, it crossed his mind that she was just acting. He smirked as well and she glared at her.

“You should never shout at a young girl you know. Where did your manners go?” JaeHa confronted him and he was taken aback. He didn’t expect this one coming. He gave her a straight, expressionless face.

“I should ask you that question, young girl.”He said sarcastically. JaeHa grimaced. “I suppose you should just give respect to your elders and just say sorry.”

JaeHa scoffed. “I don’t go saying sorry to strangers knowing that I’m not the one at fault.”

The man opened his mouth in disbelief. He was about to say something but JaeHa went first.

“I would like to stay and chat with you. But I don’t want to.” She smirked and ran towards the elevator, pressing the button harshly. She dashed as fast as she could inside before the man could hold her back and let her pay. As the elevator closed, she slid down the floor, leaning on the wall, her hands on her chest, trying to stop her heart from beating. ‘Wow! I didn’t see that one coming. I actually fought back. He was totally dumbfounded. HaHa. But… he looks cute.’ JaeHa’s eyes widen. ‘Cute? Oh no. Aniyo. Andwae!’ 



The man stood in his place dumbfounded. ‘That little brat!’. I hope I won’t be seeing her again. He felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket. He fished it out and flipped it open. He heard a familiar voice on the other line.

“Yunho-ahh, where are you?” it was Jaejoong. “We’re waiting here on the basement of the company. My cousin is taking so long getting her cell phone back. Mind joining us for lunch?”

Yunho became silent for a moment, thinking. “Uh… Yeah, sure. But won’t your cousin mind if I join you?”

“No, of course not.” Jaejoong said assuringly. “It’s just lunch. And that brat won’t mind.”

“Ok, I’ll be there in a minute.” He put back his cell phone into his pocket and reached for the elevator.

What he does not know is he’s gonna be seeing the one person he doesn’t want to see.