An Almost Disaster

THAT GIRL IS MINE

 

Chapter 13
An Almost Disaster

 

 

A man was standing in front of the airport with a black duffle bag beside him, waiting for his ride. It was only ten in the morning, and after a month in Japan because of business, he was finally back on his home country. He was dead tired and all he wants to do right now is go home and take a long sleep. Seriously, a month in Japan only for business meeting didn’t give him enough time to rest. He remembered he even pulled an overnighter in his company office just to finish his paper works for the investor’s meeting the following day. 

He was thinking deeply, not realizing a car already parked in front of him and saw his driver Junki in front of him with his bag already on his shoulders.

“Yunho-shii?” Junki was waiving his hands in front of Yunho to distract him of his thoughts. Finally, the young man moved his eyes to look at Junki and smiled.

“Junki-ahh, what took you so long?” He asked.

“Traffic jam, sir.” Junki explained as he went at the back of the car to open it for yunho to get in. Yunho hopped inside the car.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-


“KIM JAEHA!” Jaejoong’s voice was booming inside the mansion shouting for his cousin. He went to the living room to find the room all messed up. School things were all scattered everywhere. Jaejoong spotted a pink pencil case, pens and purple notebooks on the sofa. Pens were stuck out everywhere and Jaejoong was nearly poked in the because of one pencil stuck out. Rubbing his , he shouts in frustration.

Minutes after, JaeHa came stumbling, in a panting mess obviously looking for something. Jaejoong raised his eyebrows at her questioningly. Unfortunately for him, it seems like she didn’t seem to see him.

“Yah!”

JaeHa stood up straight to face Jaejoong with innocent eyes, but was smiling nervously.

“Hmmm? Need something oppa?” JaeHa asked him mockingly. Jaejoong shrugged.

“What have you done to the living room? And since when did you call me oppa?” Jaejoong said as he continues looking at his cousin who was now crouched in front of the sofa, her head stuck underneath it, looking for something.

“! Where have you gone?” JaeHa muttered to her self completely forgets his cousin’s presence and continues her search.

Jaejoong sighed, went near her then tugged her shirt at the back, not too much to hurt her but enough for her to stop what she was doing and stood up to face his cousin who was now looking at him questioningly.

“What are you looking for?”

“…………”

“Yah! JaeHa!” Jaejoong’s voiced boomed again and JaeHa squeaked in surprised. Her eyes widen but then her lips are still sealed shut.

“Tell me or I’ll squish you---“

“Ilostmyring!” JaeHa said too fast. It took her a few seconds to realize what she said then clasped her hands on . Jaejoong, who was still holding her shirt at the back, finally let go and took a step back, smirking.

“Well, well, well… You lost your ring?” He repeated, and she nodded, her eyes looking at her feet. “How stupid can you get? You’ve been engaged to a certain guy named Park Yuchun… What… A week ago and here you are looking for your lost ring. Seriously, Jae.”

“Jaejoong, please help me find it.” JaeHa said almost whispering but enough for Jaejoong to hear. She came closer to him and tugged his arms and looking straight at his eyes. He can feel her hands shaking. “I can’t let Chun find out I lost my ring. Please Jae!!!”

Jaejoong sighed again. How many times had he sighed today? He shrugged it off.


“Okay. I’ll help you.” Her face beamed with happiness but suddenly turned into a frown. “But…”

“But what?”

“You didn’t help me when I needed something from you without anything in return. So… ‘What’s in it for me?’” He grinned.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After hours of searching for the missing ring, the living room and JaeHa’s room turned upside down, the cousins sat tiredly on the floor. They have been looking everywhere and still no sign of the ring. JaeHa sighed tiredly, again. And Jaejoong messed up his hair.

“Can’t you remember where you last put it?’ He finally asked, disrupting the silence between them. 

“I…” She was cut off when a maid came towards them holding a basket of clothes. JaeHa’s clothes.

“Young miss,” The maid said, dropping the basket beside her and stretching her hands towards JaeHa. “I found this ring in the pocket of your school uniform.”

As Jaejoong heard the word ‘ring’, his mouth hung open, unbelievably looking at the maid and then at JaeHa who took the ring from her and laughing nervously at her cousin who was now about to shoot daggers in her head.

She stood up abruptly and scooted away from him. Jaejoong too stood up.

“Kim JaeHa’” His voice was rather scary, to JaeHa. ‘Uh-oh’

“You see, Jaejoong,” She said, starting to fish out her phone from her pocket then silently dialing a familiar number. “I didn’t really know where I put the ring so I thought I lost it. And…”

She heard the phone started to ring, and a familiar voice on the other line was heard, but she ignored it for a while… ‘Jae?’

“Yah! Jaejoongie… Jaejoong oppa.” She started to run as Jaejoong advances on her. She put the phone on her ears and screams. “CHUNNIE HELP ME!!! JAEJOONG’S GOING TO KILL ME!!!!”

“YAH! COME BACK HERE KIM JAEHA! I’M GOING TO SKIN YOU ALIVE!!!!”